💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram

Lady Gaga - AMA 2009 Rehearsal [WITH SOUND]

Xander

Featured Posts

Give me some concrete evidence. Until then, this is what auto-tune sounds like, idiot. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IS3sfp62Yx8

does that make you feel better about yourself?

but you can easily tell with her heavy use of vibrato in Speechless. Normally auto tune is used on singers who use little vibrato, as it often makes the vocals sound "richer" (to some :roll: ). The reason why people think Gaga was not aware of the auto tune is because of the amount of vibrato she uses in this performance. Being the good musician that she is, a lot of us would think she would better understand the effects of auto tune, and what to do to make it more subtle.

But props to her, she obviously did the performance as she wanted to (vocal-wise), and wasn't going to let any auto tune change how she sang the song. :worship:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of these delusional fans :toofloppy:

They OBVIOUSLY auto-tuned her voice. It doesn't even sound good, either :lmao:

I can't at people saying that performance wasn't auto-tuned, she sounds like a singing fish underwater at times. Get your ears checked.

imasugarush

YASS. They autotuned it here too though D:.

Btw did anyone notice the anouncer mess up on her introduction on the actual night :laughga: ?

imasugarush

she was right when she said that she is her greatest artist when she's in a sad place (unfortunately). :cry:

Can you please tell me where that quote you're talking about is from, or the actual quote :cryga: I beg of you ?????

It IS the original rehearsal audio. The difference to the televised version is SO obvious. I can't understand how people don't notice the differences One example: "I want your ugly, I want your disease". In the televised version, she sings the word "disease" very short. In this Rehearsal video, she sings the note much longer.

Omfg I know right!! Especially her Speechless performance! How can you not tell..

I think this is so funny how this is a "new" discovery to us but it was actually lurking in the depths of YouTube for ages and a GGD member unearthed it

Yeah, it was actually reported about here the day or the day after it was uploaded :). It was uploaded with a ton of other HD archive Gaga performances.. so I'm thinking maybe this archiver got the rehearsal when looking to retrieve/ buy the HD versions.

I can't at people saying that performance wasn't auto-tuned, she sounds like a singing fish underwater at times. Get your ears checked.

:dies:

:tea:

imasugarush

Wait, I'm sorry, but perhaps I missed a memo... WHY THE F DO ALL OF YOU HAVE THIS AUTO-TUNE CONSPIRACY? Jesus Christ, I swear some of you are mentally handicapped. Nobody is "auto-tuning" gaga behind her back... I mean, just stop.

You want to know what live auto-tune sounds like?. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IS3sfp62Yx8

Give me some concrete evidence. Until then, this is what auto-tune sounds like, idiot. http://www.youtube.c...h?v=IS3sfp62Yx8

Lmao, no, actually autotune doesn't just mean robot sounding voices.. there's different subtleties to different uses of it. Though usually people can notice the synthetic.. stretched sort of textureless quality of voice in autotune.

For example http://www.wetpaint.com/glee/articles/glee-too-much-auto-tune

Glee has used autotune alot in the part.. making it sound just so post-produced, does this mean that when you watch Glee they sound like gargling T Pain robots? No.

AyaKara

Can you please tell me where that quote you're talking about is from, or the actual quote :cryga: I beg of you ?????

I'll try to find the exact quote, I think I know what interview it is in my head so I'll look around during the day, but she mentioned that being a tortured artist/ writing from a place of eternal sadness is what it means to be an artist, & for that she'll forever be sad, even when she has everything. :yes:

imasugarush

I'll try to find the exact quote, I think I know what interview it is in my head so I'll look around during the day, but she mentioned that being a tortured artist/ writing from a place of eternal sadness is what it means to be an artist, & for that she'll forever be sad, even when she has everything. :yes:

Oh yeah, I think I remember.. these ones? "As artists, we are eternally heartbroken." and "I wrote what is going to be the greatest record of my career, a beautiful song about my father. I remember watching the mascara tears flood the ivories and I thought, ‘It’s OK to be sad.’ I’ve been trained to love my darkness.†p.s. thank you :flutter::hug:

AyaKara

Oh yeah, I think I remember.. these ones? "As artists, we are eternally heartbroken." and "I wrote what is going to be the greatest record of my career, a beautiful song about my father. I remember watching the mascara tears flood the ivories and I thought, ‘It’s OK to be sad.’ I’ve been trained to love my darkness.†p.s. thank you :flutter::hug:

I found that same one while searching! :toofloppy: I know that there's a definite video though, it was during the Bad Romance era. :) No problem! Glad to help :hug:

Dylangaga

How does she enter @ 2:40? She didn't break the glass, still she enters through it...

shes gaga she'll enter through anything

when she starts singing speechless you can hear the autotune a little bit

TraeumereiLPB

You can clearly hear the autotune, even in the BR performance. Her voice sounds very smooth and clean, almost polished. And also, sometimes the transitions from note to note sound very rough and unnatural. Autotune can be used in different settings. If they use it just a little bit, you may not even notice. But at the AMA's they used quite a bit of it and you can clearly hear it throughout the whole performance (especially during Speechless, though). A natural, unaltered voice CAN NOT sound like that. And the Paper Gangsta performance from the MB 1.0 only demonstrates how autotune sounds, when it's used at the fullest.

It's hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.

Tommy Monster

The end of bad romance was vocally better than the one during the acctual performance... for some reason i dont like it when she sings it "want´cha bad romance"... but the rehersal was really good :)

BlackJudas

There's no auto tune in this performance. Not sure what you Monsters are hearing but all I'm hearing is a strong and steady vibrato.

Archived