celeb

Republicans spiral after Lizzo performed with a 200-year-old flute

Teletubby

Featured Posts

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Republican or not, I think it's a bit crazy to use a flute that has this much history

Instruments need to be practiced as a part of their preservation ie to ensure they still function. Lizzo is a very talented flutist (the only one that has crossed over to mainstream that I can think of tbh) and this will bring attention to the LC’s collection so win-win.

The republicans worshipping relics of slave-owners and not deeming them worthy to a black woman is the crazy thing.

RahrahWitch

She was very careful and used it for a couple seconds. For people who like to throw around the term snowflake, they really love to get riled up by every little thing.

elijahfan

I guess it's the Marilyn Monroe dress all over again... I don't really know enough about this particular object and its conservation needs to really make an opinion, but at first sight it seems a bit questionable. And that's not on Lizzo, that's on the museum conservators who allow these things in the first place.

NichuuB

Cant they see that they actually did this to call attention for this collection, so more people know about it and go visit it? These guys are both dumb and racists.

Proprietary of @Xi Jinping

NichuuB
2 minutes ago, elijahfan said:

I guess it's the Marilyn Monroe dress all over again... I don't really know enough about this particular object and its conservation needs to really make an opinion, but at first sight it seems a bit questionable. And that's not on Lizzo, that's on the museum conservators who allow these things in the first place.

the difference is that lizzo knows about its fragility, so she holds it and play it with care. different from kim that just ripped the whole dress

Proprietary of @Xi Jinping

holy scheisse

I don’t see how her playing the flute was controversial at all lol … if you think there’s controversy, says a lot about you :ohwell:

Reginald

:ladyhaha: These people are the most easily-triggered snowflakes in the country. The irony :lmao: Imagine being this pressed

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

Franch Toast

For those who don't know, the Library of Congress lets musicians play old instruments from time to time. This is nothing new. Moreover, they are the ones who invited Lizzo, who is a classically trained flautist, to play it for just a few seconds. No damage was done to the flute. The Library of Congress says it worked with curators and Capitol Police to make sure the flute was handled properly and safely. This isn't the same as Kim wearing Monroe's dress. 

She/Her/Hers

Archived