Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Republicans spiral after Lizzo performed with a 200-year-old flute

Teletubby

Featured Posts

3 hours ago, Oriane said:

Did James Madison even play the flute? Otherwise it seems like a weird gift :huh:

It was gifted to him but never played. The museum does invite people time to time to play their old instruments which is why the outrage over this is so blatantly racist/misogynistic 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, palma said:

Instruments need to be practiced as a part of their preservation ie to ensure they still function. Lizzo is a very talented flutist (the only one that has crossed over to mainstream that I can think of tbh) and this will bring attention to the LC’s collection so win-win.

The republicans worshipping relics of slave-owners and not deeming them worthy to a black woman is the crazy thing.

Yeah it’s literally to bring awareness to the collection and she played a trill lmao it isn’t like he rang in the American Revolution with it it was a rando gift lol

5 hours ago, elijahfan said:

... she twerked with it, I wouldn't necessarily call that the most careful move. And let's no pretend like Kim wasn't aware and didn't care about the dress' fragility, at the end of the day the simple fact of moving the garment around and transporting it was a mistake and probably contributed to the alleged damage.

All in all, I'm not throwing stones at these ladies: as I mentioned, the decision and responsibility is ultimately the conservators'.

I mean did you see the twerk with it? It was more like slightly jiggled her leg lol far and away different than her usual twerking

ChavaWM

OK half these people didn't even know about the flute and now all of a sudden they're up in arms?

Girlbye

RenegAde

People getting mad at celebrities for using things that they never even remembered /knew about until the celebrity used it is the most corny thing to me .

Pandauralife

As a music educator who also really loves history, I think what Lizzo did was amazing. Let's face it, who would have heard about this pretty cool instrument without her bringing attention to it? That's a win for history nerds. Now think of all the aspiring musicians who are seeing themselves represented in her performances(crystal flute or not). That's a win for everyone, especially little black girls.

Lizzo is such a talented flute player :tony: those people are disgusting to me, she did no harm to the flute 

If only people cared about people with the same intensity they care about flutes and dresses in 2022

If you see me posting like crazy, I'm either bored or procrastinating.

Archived