💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Hocus Pocus 2 now available on Disney+

monketsharona

Featured Posts

pop a 911
8 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

Just watched It and I Like it. Nothing can Match up to the original but this is actually very funny and Entertaining.

Sequels to cult movies Like Original is tend to be a disaster and disapointment but not this one. Bette is ICONIC as always.

I’m waiting til tonight to watch with my fiancé, but the clips I’ve seen on tiktok look really good 

i’m not real, i’m theatre

8 minutes ago, POP A 911 said:

I’m waiting til tonight to watch with my fiancé, but the clips I’ve seen on tiktok look really good 

Let me know how you feel about it after watching :)

4 hours ago, JoanneMonster said:

but he's right. I want to watch it with my bf but we have no place to watch it, we wish we could go to the cinema.

on the other hand, I watched Enchanted in the cinema and Disenchanted is only coming to Disney+

Sure I’m just saying that for this movie I get why people are fine with watching it at home. For many hocus pocus IS a home movie

monketsharona

Ok so my review :

First of all : nothing will ever top the original movie and I wasn't searching for HP2 to come close to the orginal anyway. Mainly because the first movie is a classic, it was shot in the 90s and let's be honest most of franchises that started in the 90s made movies just incredible (the time, the way to film and so on)...

I was kind of afraid of how it would be handled, but Hocus Pocus 2 managed to end up being great sequel to me because it treated the original with a lot of respect without trying to just remake it. It was fresh, and rooted in our time but it managed to balance between new things and nostalgia perfectly.

Bette, Sarah and Kathy still has it like HP1 was made 2 years ago. They ate it. I had no doubt they would be incredible anyway.

A big shout out to the young version of the witches, the actresses made a great performance in the introduction.

A lot of easter eggs to find (like a girl disguised in Madonna like in the first movie, the devil couple from the original movie showing up...)

The negative points : the new three teen actresses are very Disney in a bad way. Not here for more of them if HP3 happens. 

Maybe a bit too much dialogues. 

Levine

Spoiler, on one thing

Spoiler

So, the post credits scenes hinted at a return of the witches, no? So maybe HP3 will see the day of light. About the plot, Winni kinda redeemed herself, she's kinda "good" now? Like she got that no great power is deserving if you don't have your sisters. So maybe in the next chapter the 3 are good and have to fight against a more powerful witch? I hope it'll be more dark tho. I know the main target are children and teens, but in the first one at least they killed a person, in this one no one died. 

monketsharona
1 hour ago, Levine said:

Spoiler, on one thing

Hide contents

So, the post credits scenes hinted at a return of the witches, no? So maybe HP3 will see the day of light. About the plot, Winni kinda redeemed herself, she's kinda "good" now? Like she got that no great power is deserving if you don't have your sisters. So maybe in the next chapter the 3 are good and have to fight against a more powerful witch? I hope it'll be more dark tho. I know the main target are children and teens, but in the first one at least they killed a person, in this one no one died. 

Totally here for a new Hocus Pocus movie in few years. 

I'd love to see some other original cast members to return as well

Galagala

The original one  is iconic but a bad film. This sequel is slightly better in terms of the plot . Love Bette Midler!

VasilisVas

The original is iconic. I didn’t like HP2. It seemed like Sarah & Mary barely had any lines. The three teenage actresses were very cringey. I wasn’t too crazy about the story line either. I’ll watch it, again, during the month of October to see if I change my mind. As of now, though, I wasn’t impressed. 

Dayman

The movie was pretty much perfect. I'm glad it didn't redo having a talking cat or bring back our original hero cast. It deviated enough from the original that it didn't feel like it was going for a beat for beat sequel. The Sanderson sisters themselves and their energy carried the sequel in a similar way to their energy making the original shine. I know some people are complaining about the plot - but realize the plot in this one is just as corny as the original and nostalgia blinds a lot of people from that fact. It's okay to admit that the films are carried by how camp they are and how they are about having a fun time first and foremost.

RAMROD

If there's ever be 3rd Hocus Pocus, they better be recast those 3 young girls. Cos their acting  is very TV, not move scale deep acting. I'm not here for that. Otherwise, I don't want it!:partysick:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Archived