Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Starstruck, Paper Gangsta, I Like It Rough, Disco Heaven

ChrissyBot

Featured Posts

ChrissyBot

So this just randomly came to mind

I was just going through my Gaga collection and I was looking at the earliest versions of The Fame. And I forgot that they only had 12 songs. The Canadian version where the songs mentioned in the title are not there. These songs weren’t put on The Fame until the US version of the album came out

Were Starstruck, Paper Gangsta, I Like It Rough, and Disco Heaven meant to stay unreleased at one point?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The original tracklist and artwork, used for advance copies and registered for ISRC, went as follows:

img134.jpg

1. Just Dance
2. LoveGame
3. Eh, Eh (Nothing Else I Can Say)
4. Money Honey
5. Beautiful, Dirty, Rich
6. Poker Face
7. The Fame
8. Paparazzi
9. Boys Boys Boys
10. Brown Eyes
11. Vanity
12. Summerboy

Starstruck was not finished until September 2008, after the album's initial release. Not sure about the others, besides Disco Heaven which I guess would've been scrapped. Vanity was later axed for its "jazzy sound", then replaced with Again Again.

ChrissyBot
6 minutes ago, Railing said:

The original tracklist and artwork, used for advance copies and registered for ISRC, went as follows:

img134.jpg

1. Just Dance
2. LoveGame
4. Money Honey
6. Poker Face
7. The Fame
8. Paparazzi
9. Boys Boys Boys
10. Brown Eyes
11. Vanity
12. Summerboy

Starstruck was not finished until September 2008, after the album's initial release. Not sure about the others, besides Disco Heaven which I guess would've been scrapped. Vanity was later axed for its "jazzy sound", then replaced with Again Again.

I’m so glad she changed this lol. I don’t think that album cover is as iconic as the one we all know. i wonder how different her career would’ve been if she went this route with the album and kept it as it was

narcoswing

I don't think they were meant to stay unreleased, rather they were pushed aside and given a bonus track treatment in some regions. Back in those days it was common to include different bonus tracks in different regions for whatever reasons, and I'd assume it was a marketing trick to keep the album selling by reissuing it multiple times with revised tracklists. 

51 minutes ago, chromaticpop said:

I’m so glad she changed this lol. I don’t think that album cover is as iconic as the one we all know. i wonder how different her career would’ve been if she went this route with the album and kept it as it was

Well it's better than the original tracklist of Born This Way that didn't include TEOG, Government Hooker, Americano or HML but did include Posh Life :rip:

Edit: Was wrong abt this, there was an error in the source I was reading

DrKindnessKunt1999
25 minutes ago, Railing said:

Well it's better than the original tracklist of Born This Way that didn't include TEOG, Government Hooker, Americano or HML but did include Posh Life :rip:

Wait, what’s the original Born this Way track list?

Controversiaga
3 minutes ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

Wasn’t marry the night the last song on this track list ? 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Just now, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

Correction, those songs (besides HML) were included but whoever compiled the list I was referencing missed a page that contained them :toofunny: This was from the document leaks c.2020, along with the ARTPOP tracklist that included Temple, Nothin' On and Brooklyn Nights in between MJH and Dope.

1. Born This Way
2. Judas
3. Hair
4. Scheiße
5. The Edge of Glory
6. Americano
7. Bloody Mary
8. Bad Kids
9. Government Hooker
10. Electric Chapel
11. Marry the Night
12. Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
13. Fashion of His Love
14. You and I
15. Posh Life
16. The Queen
17. Black Jesus + Amen Fashion

I feel like I've just heard vanity for the 1st time. :huh: It's kinda perfect for the fame/fame monster era.  

:fan:you get a song, you get a song, but none of you get all the songs.:fan:

Anderson123

The first release of The Fame (August 2008 with Again Again) is already a great album but I think right after it was released, she or they (her team) started working on the unfinished stuff they had. So Starstruck with Flo Rida trying to get a hit, maybe Paper Gangsta suddenly fit the theme, etc. I was a massive Again Again fan so the re-release with that song as bonus track felt like a slap in the face. :air:

They also reworked Lovegame and Money Honey. At the end of Lovegame she says again "Lets have some fun.. etc." and Money Honey starts with "That's M-O-N-E-Y so sexy". The Canadian/Mexican version with the light blue letters didn't have that first, it was a extended instrumental intro.

DrKindnessKunt1999
38 minutes ago, Railing said:

Correction, those songs (besides HML) were included but whoever compiled the list I was referencing missed a page that contained them :toofunny: This was from the document leaks c.2020, along with the ARTPOP tracklist that included Temple, Nothin' On and Brooklyn Nights in between MJH and Dope.

1. Born This Way
2. Judas
3. Hair
4. Scheiße
5. The Edge of Glory
6. Americano
7. Bloody Mary
8. Bad Kids
9. Government Hooker
10. Electric Chapel
11. Marry the Night
12. Highway Unicorn (Road to Love)
13. Fashion of His Love
14. You and I
15. Posh Life
16. The Queen
17. Black Jesus + Amen Fashion

I could be wrong, but didn’t the document also have a version of the ARTPOP track list that had G.U.Y. and Dope next to each other? 

ChrissyBot
9 minutes ago, DrKindnessKunt1999 said:

I could be wrong, but didn’t the document also have a version of the ARTPOP track list that had G.U.Y. and Dope next to each other? 

I think there was a note at the bottom of that document saying something like “the order of the tracklist is not decided” and then “move Applause to the last song”

2 hours ago, Railing said:

Vanity was later axed for its "jazzy sound"

early form of betrayal

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

2 hours ago, Railing said:

img134.jpg

1. Just Dance
2. LoveGame
4. Money Honey
6. Poker Face
7. The Fame
8. Paparazzi
9. Boys Boys Boys
10. Brown Eyes
11. Vanity
12. Summerboy

this makes me wonder if there are any other "original" album artworks from before their releases! 

ELECTROHEART
53 minutes ago, Freezie03 said:

this makes me wonder if there are any other "original" album artworks from before their releases! 

I remember that the og ARTPOP cover idea was leaked (as a drawing), there was Gaga eating pop corns with an american flag outfit and sitting on a hot dog 💀 I think?

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

Archived