Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

Starstruck, Paper Gangsta, I Like It Rough, Disco Heaven

ChrissyBot

Featured Posts

pop a 911
4 minutes ago, ELECTROHEART said:

I remember that the og ARTPOP cover idea was leaked (as a drawing), there was Gaga eating pop corns with an american flag outfit and sitting on a hot dog 💀 I think?

This monstrosity 

ESsYC9OXkAE_Ek-?format=jpg&name=small

i’m not real, i’m theatre

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Joshie S
37 minutes ago, POP A 911 said:

This monstrosity 

This is actually a very interesting take on an option for the album cover.

Obviously Gaga was influenced by Warhol and the soup can etc. however this piece could be seen as a statement not only about Pop Culture and how releasing an album is like a c*m shot, it gets streamed all at once and then everyone wants the next thing and moves onto the "what's next?" Gaga made that c*m shot reference on the Graham Norton show.

It's also interesting that she's sitting on "fast food" which Gaga has also spoken about (can't remember which interview), that you can go and eat unhealthy fast food and get a minor boost of energy, but it still leaves you hungry and wanting more later. (similarly to pop music) she then went on to talk about making food from scratch and how gratifying it is to make a good substance meal.

She's also n*ked with her t*ts out.. remember her twitter bio for so long was "when POP sucks the T*TS of ART". 

Plus they threw American influence in there with the colours and flag, so I think at that time in 2013 with everything surrounding ARTPOP, this cover would have been so iconic if this is a concept piece.

I understand how at first glance this is a giant "WTF?" but I think it makes so much sense and encapsulates her message of ARTPOP perfectly. Her ARTPOP could mean anything. And it did. And it does.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

ChrissyBot
5 minutes ago, Joshie S said:

This is actually a very interesting take on an option for the album cover.

Obviously Gaga was influenced by Warhol and the soup can etc. however this piece could be seen as a statement not only about Pop Culture and how releasing an album is like a c*m shot, it gets streamed all at once and then everyone wants the next thing and moves onto the "what's next?" Gaga made that c*m shot reference on the Graham Norton show.

It's also interesting that she's sitting on "fast food" which Gaga has also spoken about (can't remember which interview), that you can go and eat unhealthy fast food and get a minor boost of energy, but it still leaves you hungry and wanting more later. (similarly to pop music) she then went on to talk about making food from scratch and how gratifying it is to make a good substance meal.

She's also n*ked with her t*ts out.. remember her twitter bio for so long was "when POP sucks the T*TS of ART". 

Plus they threw American influence in there with the colours and flag, so I think at that time in 2013 with everything surrounding ARTPOP, this cover would have been so iconic if this is a concept piece.

I understand how at first glance this is a giant "WTF?" but I think it makes so much sense and encapsulates her message of ARTPOP perfectly. Her ARTPOP could mean anything. And it did. And it does.

You’re a genius. I read this entire thing. You could quite literally write an ARTPOP book and I would buy all copies of it!

Although I love the album cover we have now, it would’ve been interesting to see how this one would’ve turned out

1 hour ago, POP A 911 said:

This monstrosity 

imagine having an opportunity to create a lady gaga album cover but coming up with THIS :messga:

mother, what must i do?

Joshie S
13 minutes ago, chromaticpop said:

You’re a genius. I read this entire thing. You could quite literally write an ARTPOP book and I would buy all copies of it!

Although I love the album cover we have now, it would’ve been interesting to see how this one would’ve turned out

Thanks haha I love ARTPOP so much since the entire roll out I witnessed every event live (from my computer), listened to every single interview she gave.. I basically studied ARTPOP for the last 10 years.

I feel so much sadness for Gaga and DJWS and the struggle they went through to give us at least what we received. It sucked that it had to happen that way it did, but it's kind of ironic because the public always wanted to see the downfall of a pop star, so they got it. (Gaga spoke about this a lot during The Fame/Monster)

I also love the official ARTPOP cover. It's so mysterious, I haven't completely figured it out but I think that's the amazing thing about art, you could look at it every day for 10 years and not be able to understand what it is the artist is trying to say, but it's so beautiful that you just cannot look away, until you understand the meaning.. but as Gaga says.. sometimes a story has no end.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

2 hours ago, Joshie S said:

I also love the official ARTPOP cover. It's so mysterious, I haven't completely figured it out but I think that's the amazing thing about art, you could look at it every day for 10 years and not be able to understand what it is the artist is trying to say, but it's so beautiful that you just cannot look away, until you understand the meaning.. but as Gaga says.. sometimes a story has no end.

Koons actually did an interview for MTV News where he goes in-depth about it from the gazing ball to the art used for the backdrop :green:

Sneaky Oliver
6 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

The Canadian/Mexican version with the light blue letters didn't have that first, it was a extended instrumental intro.

That’s the superior version imo :vegas: Money Honey SLAPS! Cmon anti capitalism queen!

I’m on my Legacy Act era

35 minutes ago, n4meless said:

Artworks for advance promo copies are most of the times just placeholders and are never meant to be public. It's not like that's the "original" artwork, or even an alternative one, just some random picture from the Just Dance photoshoot with the title put on it, so it looks better than a blank white paper

It's not just a "random picture from the Just Dance photoshoot". That was the intended album cover shoot before she picked the final image, along with her original logo before it was changed.

Hence this promotional video, which even includes B-roll footage of that exact shot:

Side note, I can't find anything about that later promo you mentioned. The art isn't anything crazy to me, it's just the final text over the pic from the back cover, but I can't find any proof of anyone actually owning it and the information on Discogs is admittedly copy-pasted from a released edition :rip: Is it real?

56 minutes ago, Railing said:

It's not just a "random picture from the Just Dance photoshoot". That was the intended album cover shoot before she picked the final image, along with her original logo before it was changed.

Hence this promotional video, which even includes B-roll footage of that exact shot:

Side note, I can't find anything about that later promo you mentioned. The art isn't anything crazy to me, it's just the final text over the pic from the back cover, but I can't find any proof of anyone actually owning it and the information on Discogs is admittedly copy-pasted from a released edition :rip: Is it real?

Sidenote: It‘s interesting how they used demo/unmastered Versions of LG and TF in this Video! 

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

narcoswing
10 hours ago, Anderson123 said:

The Canadian/Mexican version with the light blue letters didn't have that first, it was a extended instrumental intro.

I LOVE the extended intro, it's such a wonderful buildup for the song I will never understand why it was shortened

edit: if anyone is wondering what it's like

8 hours ago, ELECTROHEART said:

I remember that the og ARTPOP cover idea was leaked (as a drawing), there was Gaga eating pop corns with an american flag outfit and sitting on a hot dog 💀 I think?

oh my goodness don't remind me :triggered: that one was horrendous

Archived