Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ed Sheeran must face trial over accusation that he copied Marvin Gaye song

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

A federal judge says Ed Sheeran must face a jury trial over whether he stole key pieces of his “Thinking Out Loud” from Marvin Gaye‘s iconic “Let’s Get It On,” rejecting the British singer-songwriter’s efforts to toss out the long-running copyright case.

Sheeran’s attorneys argued that the lawsuit – filed by an entity that owns a partial stake in Gaye’s famous 1973 song – was invalid because the combination of simple elements the singer allegedly stole was not unique enough to be covered by a copyright in the first place.

But in a ruling on Thursday, Judge Louis Stanton said there was “no bright-line rule” for deciding such questions and that the pop star would need to make his arguments before a jury of his peers.

source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

bionic

This case should go to The Hague and Ed should face trial for crimes against humanity. Anything less is a mockery of the justice system

buy bionic

1 hour ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Ed has so many plagiarism accusations damn...

He's admitted to stealing melodies before (see Shape of You) so it's no surprise

I'm still shocked that Will Smith didn't sue for Sing, that song sounds exactly like Miami :air:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Shipper

I know we dont like him here but that is a REACH. It doesnt sound like it at all or even the lyrics.

I mean, if he loses then Gaga will lose against Madonna for BTW.

:saladga:

💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕📦💕

gypsy101

marvin gaye’s family is the reason we have all these bonkers copyright lawsuits the last few years (because of blurred lines). completely ridiculous they won that plus it opened the floodgates

Togekiss
3 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Ed has so many plagiarism accusations damn...

I also feel like Marvin Gaye’s estate sues people a lot? I don’t like Ed but I feel like I’ve heard this story before

bring on that pecan pie

Anderson123

I’m so deaf can’t hear any similarities. Sia sis it’s your time for Cheap Thrills revenge. Jk I don’t think Sia is the type of person to do these things, she’s chill and understands how songwriting works. 

Archived