Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Ed Sheeran must face trial over accusation that he copied Marvin Gaye song

Teletubby

Featured Posts

AkariGaga

I can hear it and if Marvin family wants to sue,it is their right and if there is no plagiarism,Ed will come out as winner,so it is fair game.

Economy
3 hours ago, Shipper said:

I know we dont like him here but that is a REACH. It doesnt sound like it at all or even the lyrics.

I mean, if he loses then Gaga will lose against Madonna for BTW.

:saladga:

I don't even trust a jury to be impartial when it comes to a celebrity either

Whether they like him or not will probably make at least half the jury biased

Debithius

How can people not here the similarities? They are very similar but Gaye's song is not unique enough to sue lol.

Well, yeah, but are there not 5 billion other soulful slow tempo songs out there ? If it has to go to court then it has to go to court, but I hope Ed wins. 

6 hours ago, Shipper said:

I know we dont like him here but that is a REACH. It doesnt sound like it at all or even the lyrics.

gaga isn't being sued by madonna tho?

mother, what must i do?

2School4Cool

This is one of the more ridiculous music lawsuits I’ve seen, although I thought the blurred lines one was ridiculous and they lost. I’m so sick and tired of stories like this, these lawsuits are asinine and incredibly damaging to the music industry.

Judge Judy Eye Roll GIF

See The Best In Everyone

Future Lovers
7 hours ago, River said:

I'm still shocked that Will Smith didn't sue for Sing, that song sounds exactly like Miami :air:

Because most mainstream artists don’t care deeply enough about this sort of thing to take it to court. 

These sorts of things are usually set in motion by unknowns looking for a spotlight and a payday or estates that are looking for alternate revenue streams. 

Marvin’s estate is very sue happy over this sort of thing and have been for years. And it can all be traced back to the fact that his catalogue outside of a few songs is not popular enough to make them money hand over fist. Most people know what a horrid human being he was and he as a celebrity was not really all that famous to start with (he just has some iconic songs that are famous independently of him as a person) so there’s no brand to prop that catalogue up with.

They want money. Will Smith didn’t need it, so he left it be as most people of his caliber do. 

7 hours ago, Shipper said:

Except, Madonna never sued Gaga because she knew she’s gonna lose :river:

1 hour ago, Mr Mendes said:

Because most mainstream artists don’t care deeply enough about this sort of thing to take it to court. 

These sorts of things are usually set in motion by unknowns looking for a spotlight and a payday or estates that are looking for alternate revenue streams. 

Marvin’s estate is very sue happy over this sort of thing and have been for years. And it can all be traced back to the fact that his catalogue outside of a few songs is not popular enough to make them money hand over fist. Most people know what a horrid human being he was and he as a celebrity was not really all that famous to start with (he just has some iconic songs that are famous independently of him as a person) so there’s no brand to prop that catalogue up with.

They want money. Will Smith didn’t need it, so he left it be as most people of his caliber do. 

I didn't know that about Marvin and the estate, they could've just settle it with adding the credits, like TLC did with SoU if I remember right, it's kinda bad to be that predatory, at the end they are scaring future artists from sampling Marvin's music.

Thanks for a great post btw!

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Archived