💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Björk - Fossora

alsemanche

Featured Posts

alsemanche

Björk's 10th studio album, Fossora, is out at local midnight time!

Bjork-Fossora-1661951055.jpeg 

Tracklist:
1. Atopos
2. Ovule
3. Mycelia
4. Sorrowful Soil
5. Ancestress
6. ***urt Er í Fjörðum
7. Victimhood
8. Allow
9. Fungal City
10. Trölla-Gabba
11. Freefall
12. Fossora
13. Her Mother’s House

https://music.apple.com/us/album/fossora/1643025955 

Soft, soothing, and succulent

tomsches

I'm so excited! I definitely will try not to listen to any leaks. I remember, when Utopia came out, I had the day off and I listened to it for the first time in the bathtub with a glass of wine. I want to have a similar experience tomorrow. 

I love all the songs she has released so far. My favourite is Fossora. I can't wait for all the other songs!! :excited2:

alsemanche
1 minute ago, tomsches said:

I'm so excited! I definitely will try not to listen to any leaks. I remember, when Utopia came out, I had the day off and I listened to it for the first time in the bathtub with a glass of wine. I want to have a similar experience tomorrow. 

I love all the songs she has released so far. My favourite is Fossora. I can't wait for all the other songs!! :excited2:

I was gonna wait for midnight but I need to wake up very early tomorrow and would rather listen to it today during the day and take my time with it... but i can't even find any way to listen early :messga:

elijahfan

This was darker than I expected. As usual with Björk, this will need a few listens before this properly sets in, but I feel like this is a return to form for her after 2 heavily Arca-oriented albums. The last song with her daughter is absolutely beautiful.

alsemanche
1 minute ago, swakby said:

9 more hours for me :bradley: can somebody give a short review of the songs / overall sound?

I will as soon as im done! 

alsemanche

Just finished the album. Phenomenal. I am speechless. 

It's a wild ride for sure, it's very sonically diverse but still very consistent and cohesive. It's also VERY dark in some places.

Here's a quick track rundown: 

Atopos: Loved this since day 1. I think it's a very good intro to the album's sound/mood, despite being mostly upbeat and 'happy'. It's been out for a while so I won't say much about it (or the other singles

Ovule: still a great track, despite not being my favorite. Gorgeous though. 

Mycelia: very good interlude. Very Medulla-ish with only vocals that are edited and manipulated. The length is kinda weird ngl, it could have been a little shorter or a little longer, but it's a good upbeat track that comes before the next section which is very heavy

Sorrowful Soil: what a stunning choral track. It's a beautiful and devastating tribute to her mother. The repeated lines at the end made me tear up. Bjork sounds beautiful on it, and the choir backing works great with her vocals. I love this one and I can't wait to revisit it. Perfect 'prelude' to Ancestress.

Ancestress: Another single, one of my favorites, absolutely stunning. And it's even better coming after Sorrowful Soil. 

F@gurt Er í Fjörðum: UGHHHHHHHHH I AM MAD. Why is this so freaking short? WHY? She sounds so good on it but for some reason it's very short and cuts abruptly (could be a reference to her mother's death but still). I need a full version. I beg. 

Victimhood: what. on. earth. is. going. on. What??? This was... idk how to describe it tbh. It's SUPER heavy and SUPER dark. So much going on all the time. But it somehow... works? Don't get me wrong, it's an absolutely stunning track that only a genius like Bjork could pull off. But I need a few listens to digest it because it's very complex. Love it though. Didn't expect something like it on this album. 

Allow: VERY Utopia. But it still fits on Fossora. The bass helps anchor it within the universe of the album. It's a really gorgeous track, the melodies and the instrumentation are very uplifting, which is very much needed after victimhood. Emilie sounds very pretty on it and their vocals work great together. 

Fungal City: WHAT A FRESH TRACK OMG!!! It's very Body Memory lyrically (entering a new 'city' and describing it kinda) but it's sonically very different. The production in the second half in soooo good omg. She really delivered. serpentwithfeet offers very good vocal contributions here, despite not being very prominent on it. He just anchors the song in the ground more if that makes sense?

Trölla-Gabba: another wtf moment... it's an interlude like Mycelia but this time without lyrics and mostly instrumentals. It's a literal mindf*ck. Idk what else to say.

Freefall: a beautiful love song. It's very sweet, and the strings on it are so good. Bjork is so good at arrangements and this is no exception. The part where the plucked strings come in is gorgeous. And i love the lyrics on this one.

Fossora: another single, an absolute banger. works great on the album too. 

Her Mother's House: now this one... listen, it's very hard to still deliver such high quality 3 decades into your solo career, and it's even harder to deliver one of your best tracks ever after so many flawless songs in your back catalogue. Well guess what? bjork just did that with this one. An absolutely flawless song. It's very sweet and touching and I was in tears by the time in ended. Isadora offers impressive backing vocals here. I wasn't expecting that at all. The way they sing with each other is very emotionally charged and very pretty sonically. Isadora also has her own verse toward the end of the track and it's also very good. Overall a stunning track and probably my favorite on the album on first listen. 

Overall, the album is genius. I don't know how it ranks among her other albums, but this is definitely in the top half of her discography. it's so intricate and complex but still so soft in a way? She delivered yet again and killed it. Who's doing it like her tbh. I will need many more listens to digest the whole thing, but this is definitely AOTY for me. 

tomsches

My god… this is insane!

im at allow and I’m blown away! Absolutely not what I was expecting so far! 
ps: I’m high 

Archived