Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Shakira ordered to stand trial over tax fraud

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

The trial for Shakira's six alleged tax fraud offenses began on Tuesday morning in Esplugues, near Barcelona. 

A judge has agreed that the singer must go to trial, the exact date of which has not yet been announced.

Shakira could face a prison sentence of more than eight years after she rejected a plea deal in July on accusations of tax evasion.

Columbian-born superstar is charged with defrauding the Spanish treasury out of millions over a three-year period between 2012 and 2014.
Anyone who lives in Spain for more than 183 days a year must pay tax on their earnings in the country.
Prosecutors believe Shakira was a "habitual resident" of Spain from 2012 to 2014. According to them, she spent 243 days in Spain between 2012 and 2013 and 244 in 2014. 

She is alleged to have claimed that she did not live in Spain during these years, while her then-partner Gerard Pique was playing for Barcelona.

In 2021, she was accused by six prosecutors of using shell companies to conceal control of assets between 2012 and 2014, and of putting her name on forms only in countries considered tax havens.

Spanish prosecutors are pushing for the highest-possible sentence over six separate counts of tax fraud totalling 14.5 million euros.

As well as an eight-year prison sentence, state prosecutors want the mum-of-two to be slapped with a 23 million euro fine. source

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Wasn’t it confirmed she wasn’t guilty? I’m lost 

We don’t really need to talk too much, show each other what we know 🦋

Teletubby
1 minute ago, Aleks said:

Wasn’t it confirmed she wasn’t guilty? I’m lost 

no, she claims she is innocent and that she lived in the Bahams. there is no evidence that she was in the Bahamas at all, not even a plane ticket but there are tons of paparazzi photos from Spain from 2012-2014.

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

InTheCloset

What i dont get is why the rich cant pay taxes?

Like genuinely

Her net worth is around $300-350 million.

And its not just about her but all the elite in general. 

The abyss stares back

jacs vs looser
1 hour ago, Mr Ricky said:

Just pay your ****ing taxes.. :deadbanana:

She already has. The trial is because she didn't accept to plead guilty. 

Mr Ricky
22 minutes ago, jacs vs looser said:

She already has. The trial is because she didn't accept to plead guilty. 

Pay your taxes on time, she has no excuse to not pay them in time. :deadbanana:

Crossfit

Economy
51 minutes ago, Mr Ricky said:

Pay your taxes on time, she has no excuse to not pay them in time. :deadbanana:

2 hours ago, InTheCloset said:

What i dont get is why the rich cant pay taxes?

Like genuinely

Her net worth is around $300-350 million.

And its not just about her but all the elite in general. 

I guess she didn't pay them cuz she didn't think she had to pay them even tho she was probably justifying to herself she didn't need to pay them cuz she didn't really live there just stayed a long time with boyfriend but deep down she knew she had to pay those taxes :ladyhaha:

For real tho to some extent I get why this would happen. If I spent a lot of time with a gf overseas but didn't consider it my official living residence, thinking of paying taxes as a residence might not come to my mind either regardless of whether I can easily afford it or not. 

elijahfan

Her defense is really strange… Gurl, you either paid your taxes or you didn’t, it’s not rocket science.

Archived