💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

Tomorrow the movie ”Blonde” will be out

Blackout19

Featured Posts

Blackout19

You'll watch the movie?
Being a big fan of Marilyn, I am curious how they put the story together.
But from now the best movie about her life, it's still The Secret Life Of Marilyn Monroe.

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m intrigued and excited to watch this! The trailer is beautiful and it seems Ana’s performance is incredible. 

However it’s worth noting that this film is FICTION and based on a book. This isn’t a true biopic nor Marilyn’s life story although some parts may be similar. This is simply a creative retelling of the life and career of an Hollywood icon and from what I’ve heard it’s not for the faint of heart either.  

This is probably going to cause a huge media-storm too as reviews/hot-takes are pouring in. Some people love it whereas other people absolutely hate it…it has quite the split consensus which in all honesty I expected. 

you can serve it to me ancient city style...

The fact this travesty even got made is devastating

The world needs to let Marilyn rest for once and for all and stop smearing her name through the mud for shock value

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Blackout19
5 minutes ago, Helxig said:

The fact this travesty even got made is devastating

The world needs to let Marilyn rest for once and for all and stop smearing her name through the mud for shock value

I agree with you too, but I hope the new generation will watch this movie and understand what an icon she was.

Marilyn Monroe is my best friend.

11 minutes ago, Blackout19 said:

I agree with you too, but I hope the new generation will watch this movie and understand what an icon she was.

It sounds really negative but I just think it will give people the totally wrong impression :(  apparently the film heavily and gratuitously focusses on her sexual abuse and turns her into an ultra-sexual sexy woman, which is not at ALL what she was like. There was so much more to her. She was so talented and intelligent and everything that she actually was is lost

It just sounds like the male gaze and shock value at action to garner views. I really hope this movie doesn't ruin her image because I know a lot of people are going to watch it and start claiming it as fact

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

Yeah gross, oversexualizing her with literal **** scenes, and shaming women who have abortions with a fetus talking to guilt trip her even tho marilyn only had miscarriages in her life. so gross. 

“I want to be an artist, not an erotic freak. I don’t want to be sold to the public as a celluloid aphrodisiacal.” - Marilyn Monroe, My Story

8 minutes ago, Helxig said:

It sounds really negative but I just think it will give people the totally wrong impression :(  apparently the film heavily and gratuitously focusses on her sexual abuse and turns her into an ultra-sexual sexy woman, which is not at ALL what she was like. There was so much more to her. She was so talented and intelligent and everything that she actually was is lost

It just sounds like the male gaze and shock value at action to garner views. I really hope this movie doesn't ruin her image because I know a lot of people are going to watch it and start claiming it as fact

This movie is fiction not her real life, please know this guys it's not Marilyn

I see that it got bad reviews so far, both by critics and audience. Since it had been limited released a week prior on cinemas. 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/blonde

https://www.metacritic.com/movie/blonde

I personally worried for Anna De Armas. This movie supposed to be a big break movie for her. But what if this will be her 'hate watch of the week' movie by the Netflix audience? They are vocal too on social  media. :bradley:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

I am excited for the cinematography and Ana de Armas’ performance. However, being a huge Marilyn fan, the moment I was aware this movie was going to be made, I was disappointed-Blonde is nothing but fan fiction.

Sure there’s nothing wrong with people wanting to create a story with the worlds most famous woman but there is just so many misconceptions about Marilyn that this just seems unnecessary. Not to mention the r*pe and every other-apparently VERY graphic-sex scenes. 
I love Marilyn so much, I want to see her smiling, happy, enjoying her life. Not this hyper sexualized, depressed, tragic figure. She is so much more than the breathy voice and white dress. She was human she was real and it’s about time we pay her justice.

7 minutes ago, Puddin said:

I am excited for the cinematography and Ana de Armas’ performance. However, being a huge Marilyn fan, the moment I was aware this movie was going to be made, I was disappointed-Blonde is nothing but fan fiction.

Sure there’s nothing wrong with people wanting to create a story with the worlds most famous woman but there is just so many misconceptions about Marilyn that this just seems unnecessary. Not to mention the r*pe and every other-apparently VERY graphic-sex scenes. 
I love Marilyn so much, I want to see her smiling, happy, enjoying her life. Not this hyper sexualized, depressed, tragic figure. She is so much more than the breathy voice and white dress. She was human she was real and it’s about time we pay her justice.

I have no doubt in my mind the cinematography is nice it's a pity the author of the book and director used Marilyn as a weapon or a token of victimhood and oversexualization if not exploitation of women globally. I respect the fact u love Ana and still weren't biased about this

Butters Stotch

Just finished it... I'm divided. Gorgeous film, beautifully made, Ana's performance is amazing... but the story itself is so sad and it's told from such a sad perspective that it becomes tiring. Also, this one is not for the curious who want to get into Marilyn, but for those who are already familiar with Marilyn's story. My advice would be to read something about her before watching it, so you'll be able to tell what's "true" and what isn't, and to understand what's going on, because sometimes everything gets very surreal.

FIND YOUR FREEDOM IN THE MUSIC

Regina George

This movie is absolutely awful and violent. I am repulsed by what I just saw. The ONLY good things in this movie are Ana, her performance and the fact this movie looks gorgeous visually.

Excited to watch it! Trailer looks gorgeous! The first Netflix project I really wanna see this year lol (“Dahmer” looks too creepy to me!)

Archived