Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
music news

Future Nostalgia joins top 10 biggest eras for female artists this century

Regina George

Featured Posts

The BPD Monster
11 hours ago, AUARAOFSHEISSE said:

does TF era include TFM?

If it does then I'm very surprised it's not #1 on this list or not even #2 on the all time list.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Regina George
1 hour ago, The BPD Monster said:

If it does then I'm very surprised it's not #1 on this list or not even #2 on the all time list.

Katy’s Teenage Dream era was much bigger on Billboard charts than TF/TFM.. It was compared to MJs Thriller

moonsago
12 hours ago, dit said:

this is incredible. the era was MASSIVE. I think the fact Dont Start Now and Levitating both were blocked from #1 sort of gives the impression the era wasnt as huge as it was in the US but when you look at how Levitating was actually THE biggest song of 2021 and DSN was the 4th biggest of 2020 it puts things into perspective of just how huge the era was. Here's hoping DL3 gives Dua her long deserved Hot 100 #1 single and maybe Billboard 200 #1 album. She deserves it a million times over. Literally one of the hardest working popgirls AND she is low key credited with bringing back the long era format that we all loved so much from popgirls in the 2010s. 

We choose to delude ourselves into believing that both went number one and live with that thought moving forward just like with Bad Romance. :kiss:

monstertoronto
15 hours ago, Mr Mendes said:

This is only for this century (so 2000 forward) and she only has had 2 big eras this century but they didn't produce many Hot 100 hits unfortunately. Those eras were driven by album sales more than single sales. 

I was also thinking century meant the last 100 years.  In which case Madonna, Janet, Whitney etc would have all been on this list. 

Regina George
3 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

I was also thinking century meant the last 100 years.  In which case Madonna, Janet, Whitney etc would have all been on this list. 

I think when it’s said like “this century” it is only referring to 21st century, not the last 100 years but yea I see how it can be confusing 

20 hours ago, Mr Mendes said:

This is only for this century (so 2000 forward) and she only has had 2 big eras this century but they didn't produce many Hot 100 hits unfortunately. Those eras were driven by album sales more than single sales. 

To be fair, she’s not on the all-time list’s top 20 either. Janet Jackson, Whitney and even Paula Abdul had more success on the Hot100 than Madonna.

4 hours ago, monstertoronto said:

Here’s the all-time list:

Fdg9A3QX0AAt972?format=jpg&name=large

monstertoronto
53 minutes ago, Meat said:

Janet Jackson with 3 eras in the top 25. She really was a beast! Janet had 6 top 10 hits off Rhythm Nation and 4 of them were number 1.  And Paula Abdul also had 4 number singles, from her debut album. That’s incredible. Her fifth single went to number 3.  She almost beat Katy to that record of 5. 

Future Lovers
7 hours ago, Meat said:

To be fair, she’s not on the all-time list’s top 20 either. Janet Jackson, Whitney and even Paula Abdul had more success on the Hot100 than Madonna.

Isn't she #5 on the all time list? Or am I getting that confused with another Billboard list?

7 hours ago, Meat said:

lady gaga at number 3 with her DEBUT of all things :giveup:

mother, what must i do?

7 hours ago, Meat said:

KP and her TD-era will forever be iconic, that was pure pop perfection, she and her team slayed that era so hard :giveup:

Also, surprised to see 1989-era hanging so low, I expected it to be higher

39 minutes ago, Mr Mendes said:

Isn't she #5 on the all time list? Or am I getting that confused with another Billboard list?

That’s the all-time list with both Hot100 and Billboard200 combined. OP is talking about only the Hot100.

Future Lovers
10 hours ago, Meat said:

That’s the all-time list with both Hot100 and Billboard200 combined. OP is talking about only the Hot100.

Ah okay gotcha, thanks! 

FN was undeniably a great album but I think you all are blowing it out proportion. If her next album reaches the same quality level I will eat my words though :ally:

Archived