💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rihanna might not be good for the SBHT

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

As soon as I found out that Rihanna is doing next year’s Super Bowl Halftime Show I started thinking about whether or not she is a good fit to do a halftime show. And while at first it seems like the obvious answer is yes (because she has the hits and she is a worldwide superstar), she is actually not that good of a performer. Rihanna can sing but she is not a great singer. Rihanna can dance, but she is not known for her dancing. Rihanna also doesn’t have the stage presence that artists like Gaga or Beyoncé have. So I suspect that she might have to rely on guests and visuals to carry the show because as of now it seems like she might not be able to hold her own live and for 15 minutes. 

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Catnikko

I disagree I think she has a great stage presence most of the time, she definitely did the 2 times i saw her for the loud & talk that talk tour

Maxine Puth
Just now, Quark said:

Can an opinion be wrong? 

That’s the joke :awkney: anyway Rihanna will be fine, and it’s a show for the straights anyway. It’s not like everyone’s expecting her to pull a Gaga or Beyoncé, some artists can still thrive without putting all into their dancing and vocals. 

Rahrahbitchson

If Maroon 5 and JT can do this then why Rihanna can not? :triggered:

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Controversiaga

It’s been a long time coming.  She’s earned it.  Like Gaga, she’s a tricon who has had hits in 3 different decades.  

if The Weeknd can do it, so can Rihanna. Rihanna has more hits than him, and his songs aren’t very stadium friendly or cheerful imo 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

1 minute ago, Rahrahbitchson said:

If Maroon 5 and JT can do this then why Rihanna can not? :triggered:

That is exactly the problem. That her performance could end up on the level of these two.

Andrew Shaw

People for whatever reason have ALWAYS underestimated Rihanna’s ability as a live performer. I saw her on her Last Girl On Earth tour all the way back in 2011 and she was incredible! I honestly don’t think she missed a single note and I’d still to this day say that she is the best singer I’ve seen live (before you all attack me, no I’ve never seen Gaga live, thanks to her avoiding the whole Southern Hemisphere on The Chromatica Ball 😭). Go and watch some of her AOL live performances (particularly Rated R era ones) if you think she’s not good live, they will soon change your mind. 

SevenWonder

Rihanna simply has the catchiest and best know singles compared to any of her main pop girl peers. And she has a million of them. She'll be a ratings monster just for that alone. 

But I agree with your other points: Can't sing or perform like Gaga or Bey. I do think she has great stage presence, though. She's Rihanna. She doesn't need to do much to excite. Just stand there, lip sync and be RiRi. 

Anderson123

I don't think it can get worse than Maroon 5 and Justin Timberlake so I'll take anything lol.

This is also the first time Apple Music sponsors a halftime show so I think there's going to be something different this time with the promo.

Archived