Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

Rihanna might not be good for the SBHT

Quark

Featured Posts

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rihanna will do great. And I honestly doubt she will be alone, she will probably bring some of the artists she collaborated with recently or in the past. 

LateToCult

Rihanna is at her best when she’s vibing on stage. She just had a baby too so I doubt she’ll go the choreography route. Vocals are an easy fix too if you work with the right people. I think she’ll be fine.

Future Lovers

Don’t be so quick to judge based off of the Anti Tour where yes her energy was low. But remember that was the end of basically ten years of non-stop albums and touring. Her tours previously had always been solid productions and she had been fantastic on stage. She will be just fine and will deliver a fantastic show. 

pachinko
45 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

I don't think it can get worse than Maroon 5 and Justin Timberlake so I'll take anything lol.

This is also the first time Apple Music sponsors a halftime show so I think there's going to be something different this time with the promo.

What happened to Pepsi?

Monstermilo

rihanna is a better vocalist and has more stage presence than taylor so pipe down swifty 

this performance proves rihanna is a good fit

this too 

KingRedd

She will do just fine. She has more hits than many other artists and she can perform just fine. If Katy Perry (who isn’t known for her live vocals) can pull it off, so can Rih. Maybe Taylor will be ready next year or another medley of artists. Rihanna has definitely earned this spot. 

May I Read You? 😎

Economy

I disagree. Her hits set list, iconic career, hype etc alone are gonna make it an iconic event

She may not be Beyonce, Gaga or Shakira in terms of stage presence but this come back from such a massive hits artist is gonna be a big moment I have a feeling

I don't think it's gonna be a bad performance 

hieronymus
1 hour ago, Monstermilo said:

rihanna is a better vocalist and has more stage presence than taylor so pipe down swifty 

this performance proves rihanna is a good fit

this too 

Why do people keep referencing that VMA performance... she barely sings or dances. That kind of performance is exactly what OP thinks will happen. lol

Rihanna has great stage presence which is all you need to command a big show like the SB. She may not have the most "technical" vocal abilities but she is great at projecting and conveying her emotion through her voice. She's solid overall. Her dancing has also improved over the years especially because she has AMAZING choreographers who understand her limits and create simple yet effective choreo for her. 

She'll do great at the SB tbh. The only issue may be she might be a little thrown off after having not performed on a stage for a VERY long time. I would have prefered her to launch an era, perform and promote and THEN do the SB so she can get back in the swing of things. 

Archived