Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
celeb

Taylor’s team threatened critics to give her good reviews

Meat

Featured Posts

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve always wondered if this was true because how can an album with songs like “Me!” And “You need to calm down” have a better score than most female pop albums :air:

1 minute ago, Meat said:

I’ve always wondered if this was true because how can an album with songs like “Me!” And “You need to calm down” have a better score than most female pop albums :air:

inb4 swifties start quoting you with plastic doll and eh eh lyrics :messga:

mother, what must i do?

Just now, NATAH said:

I mean both Chromatica and The Fame have a lower score than most Taylor albums so :partysick:

1 minute ago, Meat said:

I mean both Chromatica and The Fame have a lower score than most Taylor albums so :partysick:

smh :nails:

mother, what must i do?

Future Lovers

Anyone who thinks this is not a widespread occurrence in the entertainment world is living in delusion. I don't doubt that this is true, because it's true for most of the business. Do you really think teams and labels don't get involved to cut some deals or put pressure on critics to review their artist's album well? Do you really think that studios don't make deals or put pressure on critics to review their film well? Of course they do. 

Criticism is a legitimate profession, but it is only as honorable as the other professions it rubs elbows with. Critic reviews in this day and age are little more than a promotional tactic and if a team or a studio has the resources to influence them, then they're going to influence them.

I don't think it's right, but to simply level criticism at one specific artist for this is rooted in something else other than just getting the word out, and it clearly wouldn't have come up if that other writer hadn't have said he was pressured into dragging the album. 

Illuminati

This feels intentionally vague. I assume he's talking about his experience at Complex where he wasn't a music reviewer but rather a pop culture blogger, so it makes sense that Taylor's team would approach them for defamation, especially around that time when all gossip publications were fabricating stories about her.

OutsideWoodys
17 minutes ago, NATAH said:

You keep Eh Eh’s name out of your mouth she’s an icon 

What is the consequence of being blacklisted by Taylor's team? She won't give u interviews?

RudraCNG

Big publishers do this in the video games industry, they tell you which score you must give to their games or they won't send you early copies ever again, so this isn't surprising.

SimonBaetens

I hope one day everybody understands that everything about her is fake, constructed and only aimed at making as much money as possible. There is no integrity there whatsoever.

I'm still waiting for the sick beat she promised in Shaking Off:awkney:

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

9 minutes ago, SimonBaetens said:

I hope one day everybody understands that everything about her is fake, constructed and only aimed at making as much money as possible. There is no integrity there whatsoever.

thats most artists today im sorry & it'll sound like im a boomer but most artists dont make songs for the love of it, fame and money is a huge component, reason why the songs of the past have so much depth, richness and timelessness and most songs are vapid now. just how i see it

• Admin locked this topic

Archived