• September 23, 2022 
#1(+3) US - 2,488,457
#1(+14) Global - 8,853,020
#1(+10) UK - 632,699

• September 24, 2022 
#1 US - 1,836,546
#1 Global - 7,065,371
#1 UK - 528,512

Recorded in Jamaica, "Unholy" is the unwavering lead single from the Sam’s hotly tipped fourth studio album; crafted around a sultry Arabic scale, the track delivers a multi-voiced, menacing sound collage with instant club appeal, underpinned with a throbbing bass, opening with a blistering choral hook, crowned with Kim’s fierce verse.

Describing "Unholy" as their most audacious single release yet, the song calls out a cheating husband leaving their wife and kids at home to have their own fun, inspired by the infamous LA Sunset Strip club The Body Shop.

Sam said - "Unholy" was made in Jamaica and was one of the most glorious creative moments I’ve ever had as an artist. I’ve never had so much fun making a record. It was so cathartic and freeing to experiment like this and throw out the rule book. It has also been an honour to work with Kim Petras and get to witness her brilliance. This song is about liberating oneself from the clutches of others’ secrets…

Kim said - “I am such a big fan of Sam. It is cool to meet another artist who is a really good writer and has a vision that’s their own. I had the best time in the studio with them. They really believed in me and encouraged me to be totally myself. I feel so honored that they chose me to be on this song”

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Controversiaga

We need hit it from the back 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

omgggg??? Kim Petras first smash hit?? Sam Smith resurgence??? I'm sooo here for it. Queer dominance xox 

Y'all... It's also #3 on Apple Music US charts (was #11 yesterday)

It's giving certified smash hit. 

PopEmergency
30 minutes ago, dubstep111 said:

Yaaaaaaaas! I still want hit it from the back tho 

24 minutes ago, RihBeyGa said:

We need hit it from the back 

probably never coming out officially :interestinga:
but good thing the full version leaked a couple weeks ago :glamourpuss:

THEY SAID TRANS RIGHTS. I hate Dr Luke but I’m so proud of Kim. She finally managed to break in and with a song that had nothing to do with that vile man :fatcat:

Reginald

:pole: Why does Sam Smith have so many bops?! :worship2: Kim's verse, Cirkut's production, the melody... all of this is a slay 

lady-gaga-alejandro.gif

BlackSwan Cat & Mouse

nightadieu
8 minutes ago, Brizel said:

Really? I listened today and it was awful.. is it because it is number 1 on TTH? A sham 

It literally went viral on TikTok with over 1M videos recorded before the song was even out

Archived