Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
life

Lady Gaga leaves a comment under Jeffrey Stars’ HL review

Tinnitus15

Featured Posts

PartySick
1 hour ago, Regina George said:

Sorry but after Richy this is absolutely unacceptable. Gaga you should know MUCH better than to support these people. Huge slap in the face for majority of her fans that have been abused or bullied. 

Hard disagree. As others have said, she's leaving comments on everyone's posts. She's not making special effort to interact with this person. She didn't even proof read her capitalization :laughga: probably spent .5 seconds making the comment and moved on. Hardly an endorsement.

Also, the Richy situation needs to die :rip: I was mad at first too but turns out, surprise surprise, it's not as it seems to the stan twitter people. Anyone who thinks Gaga would work with an abuser doesn't know Gaga.

Some of y'all take a false rumor and a four word comment on a social media post about makeup and decide that completely invalidates the YEARS of work Gaga has done to bring awareness to many issues and directly improve or even save the lives of people all over the planet.

It's sad tbh.

🖤

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PartySick
4 minutes ago, Benji said:

That’s my point, an endorsement from him isn’t exactly a W for Gaga :triggered:

He's still an expert in the field, apparently. On the thread about his review, there were posts saying how much of a sh*t person he is but they trust his professional take on the brand. I'm sure many others feel the same.

Though I have to be honest, idk who this dude is really :laughga: just that he's a problematic BeauTuber

🖤

1 hour ago, thisguyN said:

To be fair, she owns a beauty brand, and actively promotes it. It’s expected that she’d be aware of such a scandal. 
but yeah it’s not a big deal or support, just a tiktok comment.

This blew up in 2016, 3 years before the original Haus Labs line on Amazon. I don’t see how she would be aware unless someone specifically told her about it now.  :shrug: She’s a busy woman, she doesn’t have time to research everyone.

She also comments on random dog tiktoks, is she supposed to research their owners to see if they ever did anything problematic too?

I understand the argument that she should check with her PR team before commenting on anything (though I don’t agree), but it just doesn’t seem realistic to me.

I wouldn't even know who this guy is if it wasn't for GGD, I doubt she knows everything he's done.

You popped my heart seams, all my bubble dreams

7 minutes ago, Cersei Lannister said:

Jeffree Star you will never be famous 

A3-C8057-B-673-E-4891-8-E0-E-E5-E8-AC727

supposed? lady gaga? next?

Real Housewives Of Atlanta Meme GIF by Identity

mother, what must i do?

53 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Hard disagree. As others have said, she's leaving comments on everyone's posts. She's not making special effort to interact with this person. She didn't even proof read her capitalization :laughga: probably spent .5 seconds making the comment and moved on. Hardly an endorsement.

Also, the Richy situation needs to die :rip: I was mad at first too but turns out, surprise surprise, it's not as it seems to the stan twitter people. Anyone who thinks Gaga would work with an abuser doesn't know Gaga.

Some of y'all take a false rumor and a four word comment on a social media post about makeup and decide that completely invalidates the YEARS of work Gaga has done to bring awareness to many issues and directly improve or even save the lives of people all over the planet.

It's sad tbh.

Oh what happend did i miss something 

monstertoronto

I don’t follow Jeffrey Star or any beauty influencers so I googled it and found this article:  https://www.vox.com/2018/8/28/17769996/laura-lee-jeffree-star-racism-subscriber-count

it sounds like all the original people who accused him of racism were all also exposed with having racist posts or videos or pics in their pasts too. It sounds like they were all shitty and racist before. It also says he posted one of those apology videos where he has learned from his mistakes. 

Here’s my personal take on this kind of thing with celebrities who have racist remarks or pics dig up from their past when they were much younger. If they apologized and they no longer have those attitudes or do those things now as their current adult self, let them move on. I’m saying this as a person of colour. I’m Asian and am legitimately afraid to go to the US now with all the anti-Asian attacks that keep happening and I’m very conscious of and against racism of all kinds. But trying to cancel people for life for things they may have said when they were kids or teens makes no sense to me. How can we expect people to change and evolve into better people if we refuse to let them and insist we remain outraged by their teen selves. That doesn’t allow for growth at all and also seems very hypocritical for people. Everyone should have grown and changed since high school or whenever. It’s part of life to grow and change. No one would want to be judged today on things they did when they were kids and everyone would feel it would be grossly unfair if anyone tried to do that to them in real life. It’s a different story if people remain unapologetic and continue to say and so horrible things (ie trump), but people who have clearly not engaged in that behaviour recently and have apologized should be allowed forgiveness. Stubbornly refusing to accept anyones apology ever and forever hate them for moments in the past are just choosing to hate them and wanting to cancel them for other reasons that are dressed up as a virtue. 

Archived