💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CTB stage appreciation

ItsAnthonyz

Featured Posts

Roughhouse Dandy

Well, I had good tickets so I have found feelings of the stage design lol

The minimalism was beautiful and the way they opened up the set with the dimensional graphics was amazing. 

This is my Hannah Montana™️ lipgloss.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorcerer

I liked it especially when it is viewed from the front. Not the grandest, most modern, or biggest, but the visuals such as in Babylon and Stupid Love made it come alive like in 3D.

large.006_6869387_1.jpg.6436378c6534955e

Watching the show from the front and in the seats is the perfect view and you can see some beautiful details (like the smoke falling down the pillars in Bad Romance and Rain On Me).

For a recording, YAAAASS!

For my Hotseat tickets: BISH HOW COULD YOU!!? - felt like I was watching trough a diorama! Robbed from my Chromatica experience. 

monstertoronto

Honestly I hate to say it because I loved this tour so much but the stage design was seriously flawed. I originally had front row floor seats on the side and as soon as I saw the stage design and saw some pics/videos of the view from the side, I knew I had to change. I had already spent a lot on the side tickets but I paid a LOT for secondary market seats that were front row floor in the centre. And then I wasn’t able to sell my original side seats so I gave them to poor friends for free. Even from my front row centre seats, I could barely see her because the GA crowd in front of me blocked the view. I’ve never had no much difficulty seeing her before. I can’t remember if it was because the stage was so low or too high but even front row centre I mostly had to watch the screens to see the choreo. My friends enjoyed themselves but from their videos I could tell that they could see any of the videos or choreo in the box of the main stage. She barely used the catwalks. Even her lowest grossing tour artrave had a more interesting set with those clear lucite bridges all over the space so every one could see her no matter where they were and even see her above you if you stood under a bridge. It was whimsical, unique and made great use of the space. I’m surprised she couldn’t have made better use of all the space in stadiums. 

Joshie S

Look, I think with such a small scale show in terms of dates and the fact it'd been delayed for 2 whole years, they put on a good show.

Did the stage have flaws? Yes. 

It's difficult because being from Australia and her not touring here for 8 whole years now, I couldn't experience in person. Going from videos the restricted view was disappointing, yes, however...

Who knows when she's going to tour like that again? I think even with restricted view, you were there to experience the atmosphere and the force of live performance that is Lady Gaga (even if you couldn't see her for the entire opening act)

Let's hope the film captures the show and the abstract story she is trying to convey.

The melody that you choose can rescue you ♥

JohnDeWayne

I’m watching JWT videos on YouTube right now and I’m just in awe of how much more dynamic and interesting the stage was.

tylertremallose
3 hours ago, DebtCollector said:

I saw her in Houston and in Dallas. For both I was on the floor towards the back. Both times I couldn’t see any of the choreography without looking at the screen…which made me a little annoyed. Tbh I might have enjoyed it more at the front of one of the sections off the floor, where I could at least see Gaga’s body moving around. I’m thinking if the main stage was brought forward and more centered (scrapping the B stage) it would give more people a better view.

The visuals for the prologue and interludes were absolutely stunning and if they do in fact put the concert on Netflix they will gag me all over again.

i had pit for dallas and was really nice. houston i had the row right in front of B stage, thinking id be able to see her but it was sooooo HIGH up i could barely even see the piano without needing to watch the screen. 

tylertremallose
44 minutes ago, JohnDeWayne said:

I’m watching JWT videos on YouTube right now and I’m just in awe of how much more dynamic and interesting the stage was.

the moving stages like that are awesome! the MDNA tour also had a similar staging to the JWT with the moving pieces! 

marrytheminogue
6 hours ago, Joshie S said:

Look, I think with such a small scale show in terms of dates and the fact it'd been delayed for 2 whole years, they put on a good show.

Did the stage have flaws? Yes. 

It's difficult because being from Australia and her not touring here for 8 whole years now, I couldn't experience in person. Going from videos the restricted view was disappointing, yes, however...

Who knows when she's going to tour like that again? I think even with restricted view, you were there to experience the atmosphere and the force of live performance that is Lady Gaga (even if you couldn't see her for the entire opening act)

Let's hope the film captures the show and the abstract story she is trying to convey.

I don’t think it’s fair to expect any paying person to have restricted views for any part of the concert just because you’re experiencing Lady Gaga live who may not tour similarly again. Also don’t think the 2 year delay is a fair excuse either as that meant more time to plan, and the plans they did have changed at the very last minute anyway.

I do think it’s fair to consider the short run of dates and the short time in between some dates to disassemble, move to another country and assemble, but I just felt like it could have been so much more for a stadium tour - especially the B stage (where I got the best views until the piano completely blocked her off from the right side). 

But that’s not to say I didn’t have fun or enjoy it! Also agree in that I think this stage would look amazing on film (if they’ll release it!)

13 hours ago, JohnDeWayne said:

That one was flawed as well. Had Early Acces tickets that time, couldn’t see a thing and I am tall

Tinnitus15

The only complaint I have is that stage was way too low.That’s why we couldn’t see her that much.Most of the stages are above the crowd,while this one was almost the same level as the crowd.Till this day I don’t understand why they had the two catwalks when they didn’t use them that much,except the dancers 

The ironic part is that it was a stadium tour with a stage concept that could've worked FLAWLESSLY for theater shows like Monster Ball 1.0 or Enema/whatever hopefully very different and vastly improved Vegas residency comes next.

Archived