Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

CTB stage appreciation

ItsAnthonyz

Featured Posts

ItsAnthonyz

Hi folks

Unpopular opinion but,

now that the tour is over, and we could all digest the tour, I’m so glad that she actually used a box type of stage… I think the visuals would never work on an landscape type of stage. 

I got to attend the first date in Düsseldorf and I have to say that her team really worked and polished the visuals this time and then really created this 3d effect on the screens that really made u forget that it was actually a box.

look at the Babylon visuals like omg how did they do that :koons:

also how beautiful everything looked she really left no crumbs this time 

follow your dreams <3

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LateToCult

Nah. The box design made it impossible for thousands of people to see most of the center animations. And they paid hundreds for their standard tickets (non-obstructed view). The catwalks were underutilized and should’ve probably never been a part of the design. Instead she should’ve pulled the stage forward so they weren’t all crammed in that center diamond part. The catwalks also had those clunky brutalist “rails” that obstructed some views. The physical stage and venue choices are the only thing that she missed the mark on.

I liked the center section. But I do wish there was more stage in the center of the stadium. Like it's an all stadium tour and the catwalks were comically short and the island stage felt like an after thought the way it was just a square and had to have the cloth entrance under it for her costume change and then like a small stair walk up to the main part. I would love to see a future stadium tour have a center stage with catwalks in each direction. Get full use out of the amount of space and make it so the stadiums have maximum capacity.

ProfessionalClown

I think the circular screen sections were by far the best part. It looks so cool and the feed made it look like portals 

Lextyr97

I still did not like the stage at all. To me, the design is lazy. Catwalks should’ve been longer, lighting should’ve been better all around, and the b stage… did they make it the day before the Düsseldorf date? 

I loved the show but the physical stage was definitely the worst part. Besides fire (obviously), special effects were heavily underused, which I thought was a mighty missed opportunity, and it looked cheap as **** to me. The sliding doors when she exits and the curtain on the b stage especially. The more I think about it, the more I don’t like the stage

marrytheminogue

The stage was so underwhelming and my least fave out of Gaga’s tours. It offered restricted views for a good portion of the crowd, and didn’t really play much into the set compared to past tours other than for aesthetics. I don’t mind the style and agree I loved the circle styled screens, but they could have done so much more for a stadium tour imo 

PartySick

Yeah, not crazy about the stage shape itself honestly but holy smokes the graphics and the way they utilized the space? It was all beautiful.

I'm usually not a fan of minimalism or brutality or whatever she said is was :laughga: but it was a very aesthetically pleasing design, efficiently utilized, and versatile to the point that aside from the basic shape, the show looked entirely different for a lot of songs.

I'm hoping, for her residency, that they pull inspiration from the transformative abilities of TCB stage but use real, tangible equipment rather than effects since travel won't be a thing :heart:

🖤

hieronymus
40 minutes ago, NATAH said:

this thread: lets appreciate the stage!

y'all: let's not! 

DAE47-B3-B-C172-449-B-BFA9-5-DB3-C420513

Yeah, you'd think the way some of these people talk about it and continue to beat the dead horse, that she personally farted on all their grandmas on stage

but probably from a partially obstructed view or whatever

Back on topic: personally I really love the aesthetic and the contributions to Chromatica as a concept.

hardcore1996

On its own I like it. However, I do think it was really unfair to not have the seats that would have minimal/obstructed views advertised as such. Amazing tour but whoever was in charge of the stage could have made the views better for everyone while sticking to the idea they wanted

Monstermilo

hated it at first 

but really grew to love it as time went by 

just wish the catwalk was a lot longer 

something like the weekends catwalk would be better since stadiums are so big 

DebtCollector

I saw her in Houston and in Dallas. For both I was on the floor towards the back. Both times I couldn’t see any of the choreography without looking at the screen…which made me a little annoyed. Tbh I might have enjoyed it more at the front of one of the sections off the floor, where I could at least see Gaga’s body moving around. I’m thinking if the main stage was brought forward and more centered (scrapping the B stage) it would give more people a better view.

The visuals for the prologue and interludes were absolutely stunning and if they do in fact put the concert on Netflix they will gag me all over again.

While I appreciate the visuals and concept

the boxed shape is an atrocious idea especially for a stadium tour, i can't imagine how they thought it would be a good idea at all, only people with a central view could appreciate 100% all the visuals 

Rocketno10

I was privileged enough to expedite the stage front and center so I have no complain:ally:

but I do understand what other people are saying tho, I was looking around the stadium and I felt bad for people who was sitting on the side, huge chunk of visuals were not seen

DontCallMeAlice

Okay tbh, I love the stage design, but I hate it at the same time. It’s unique, the brutalist references are brilliant but the stage was so simplistic for a STADIUM tour. I’ll have to admit this was perfect for EE GA, as she used the main stage for like 80% of the show. And she was so close, like, I felt like god was standing in front of me when she was standing still before Monster. But not a lot of people could experience that, you had to be front gate center, so yeah there should have been much longer catwalks for people in the back of the venue to have a chance to see her close, like JWT. And the stage was so low, wtf? In New York and Miami I couldn’t see **** because I wasn't front row this time but a couple of rows behind the GA. 

Padam.

Archived