MARRY THE NIGHT ANNIVERSARY T-SHIRT

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Liz Truss legalises fracking in England, remains illegal in Scot & Wales

Midnights Mayhem

Featured Posts

Midnights Mayhem

“The U.K. government confirmed Thursday that it’s lifting a ban on fracking in England, arguing that the move will help boost the country’s energy securityamid Russia’s war in Ukraine.

Prime Minister Liz Truss announced within days of taking office earlier this month that she would reverse a 2019 ban on hydraulic fracturing, a controversial technique used to extract oil and gas from shale rock.

Britain needs to “explore all avenues available to us through solar, wind, oil and gas production -– so it’s right that we’ve lifted the pause to realize any potential sources of domestic gas,” business and energy secretary Jacob Rees-Mogg said Thursday.

Truss said she “will not be going ahead with anything that carries a risk,” but stressed that “energy security is vital.”

Officials also backed an expansion of licenses for oil and gas operations in the North Sea, drawing anger from environmental groups Thursday.” 

Source: https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukraine-entertainment-england-hydraulic-fracturing-liz-truss-8dbb0fbc0fa6dbf85e979043bfd7b32a

Knew Chucky was going to do this, I am proud of the Scottish and Welsh Governments on keeping the bans they have in place. Don’t want any filthy gas in my country. 

Midnights Mayhem With Me
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
reysus

ugh i hate fracking but i kind of understand. energy prices in the uk are scary rn. nuclear is really the way to go for the future but that needs time to get ready but even that isn't a viable solution currently for heating most homes. sorry for anyone living in the uk this is rough :(

• Thanks 1
Midnights Mayhem
10 minutes ago, NATAH said:

someone just got her guest judge invitation secured for DRUK :madge:

Plus Truss is transphobic, fits right in. 

Midnights Mayhem With Me
  • Shook 1