Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Russia can use nukes to defend its new territories, says Medvedev

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

• FfFfFfFF changed the title to Russia can use nukes to defend its new territories, says Medvedev
gabeoz

More projection from the Russia gov :emma: they won’t nuke Ukraine because they do not know if Ukraine already has nuclear weapons or not 

FfFfFfFF
6 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

More projection from the Russia gov :emma: they won’t nuke Ukraine because they do not know if Ukraine already has nuclear weapons or not 

Ukraine doesn't have nuclear weapons. 

It had before the Budapest Memorandum, when it gave up on them with the condition that Russia will respect its territorial integrity (but Ukraine didn't know how to use them at that point either way).

If abything you could say they won't nuke because they fear NATO reitaliation.

Regina George

Gross ****! I can’t wait for the day russians government will get what it deserves. I can’t ****ing wait. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3
Dennis
21 minutes ago, gabeoz said:

Unfortunately they are likely to nuke Ukraine at some point. We have to prepare for that possibility. More likely it'll be a small tactical nuke on snake island, but it'll happen. They believe that either ukraine gives up its territory (including parts that they haven't occupied yet) or they'll use nukes to make them surrender.

The world has slept far too long on the fact that the russian elite and a large percentage of their population are just insane and a big security threat to the whole world. They are completely detached from reality and think it's them being attacked, and NATO threatening them with nukes. It's as if they make up a lie and believe their own lie.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 3
FfFfFfFF
1 minute ago, Dennis said:

Unfortunately they are likely to nuke Ukraine at some point. We have to accept that. More likely it'll be a small tactical nuke on snake island, but it'll happen.

The world has slept far too long on the fact that the russian elite and a large percentage of their population are just insane and a big security threat to the whole world. They are completely detached from reality and think it's them being attacked, and NATO threatening them with nukes. It's as if they make up a lie and believe their own lie.

A nuke on Snake Island will affect NATO member Romania as much as Ukraine and especially the Danube Delta which is a nature sanctuary. If they want to hit Ukraine specifically they will drop it somewhere in the center. Or if they really want to be the ones to start Armagedon, close to a NATO border. :rip:

• Shook 1
AnnaNicoleSmith

I think this could've been stopped beforehand tbh. typical bullies. had to be super strict from the start and tbh US maybe couldve threatened them from the start and they'd retaliate 

• Like 1
Dennis
2 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I think this could've been stopped beforehand tbh. typical bullies. had to be super strict from the start and tbh US maybe couldve threatened them from the start and they'd retaliate 

Yeah but people will tell you that Biden would've started WW3 if he deterred Putin before the invasion :bear:

Somehow Biden vowing to defend Ukraine a NATO-border state, independent, recognized by the U.N would start WW3.

But vowing to defend Taiwan against a much bigger enemy would not start WW3.

I think just like Biden repeatedly said in recent months that he would defend Taiwan in a case of invasion, he could've done the same with Ukraine. It would've deterred Putin early or forced him to come to the negotiation table before the war. Now we're stuck in this war, and it's not easy to end a war once it's started.

• Like 2
AnnaNicoleSmith
3 minutes ago, Dennis said:

Yeah but people will tell you that Biden would've started WW3 if he deterred Putin before the invasion :bear:

Somehow Biden vowing to defend Ukraine a NATO-border state, independent, recognized by the U.N would start WW3.

But vowing to defend Taiwan against a much bigger enemy would not start WW3.

I think just like Biden repeatedly said in recent months that he would defend Taiwan in a case of invasion, he could've done the same with Ukraine. It would've deterred Putin early or forced him to come to the negotiation table before the war. Now we're stuck in this war, and it's not easy to end a war once it's started.

I agree, shouldve been said at the start when Putin was thinking about this plan. A good phone call where you threaten Putin and you let him know if he even dares putting one foot in that border the US will attack, then negociate, do it politely, mafia style 

:awkney:

Dennis
15 minutes ago, Admin said:

nah

I hope you're right but unfortunately Putin doesn't have a lot to lose from using a small nuclear attack on Snake island (which is uninhabited) and won't cause radiation in other parts if the warhead is small enough. It'll generate headlines and cause mass fear, which is the intended purpose.

The West has been weak so far. As long as radiation is not spread, they'll just "condemn" the attack. China and India will not respond aggressively unless said nuke causes mass death.

The problem is, after the Kharkiv offensive, there were two paths Putin could take, either de-escalation and seeking diplomacy or escalation and seeking mobilization and nuclear threats. He chose the latter. So it's clear what path is headed for and we must really prepare for it.

Like for me, I don't want want to underestimate Putin's madness anymore. After Kharkiv withdrawal, I really thought that Putin would slowly start to pull out. But I was dead wrong. And now he's reportedly mobilizing a one million army. That won't surprise me if that army marches on the baltics in a couple of years, if Ukraine falls. All it takes is for Trump and the far right to be elected to break up NATO and Putin will have free reign in eastern europe.

Edited by Dennis
  • Shook 1
NightStar

Why would they even try it? Russia's biggest European border is with Ukraine. Nuking Ukraine is insane if not out of humanitarian standards and some sense of leadership dignity, then simply out of calculation, for some Russian cities lie too close to the border to not get affected by the consequences.

And if they attempt to use non-strategic smaller nukes, then why wouldn't they USA bomb Belarus with nukes in response?