Featured Posts

insight
10 hours ago, Chromatislaps said:

Is Medvedev bluffing?

Let's just say that the dude is gone with the wind

Admin
16 hours ago, Chromatislaps said:

Is Medvedev bluffing?

Not even bluffing, just talking sh-t. Nobody takes him seriously here, nobody did even when he was a President, let alone now. All he does is say nonsense on Twitter/Telegram.

• Thanks 2
Admin
16 hours ago, Dennis said:

I hope you're right but unfortunately Putin doesn't have a lot to lose from using a small nuclear attack on Snake island (which is uninhabited) and won't cause radiation in other parts if the warhead is small enough. It'll generate headlines and cause mass fear, which is the intended purpose.

The West has been weak so far. As long as radiation is not spread, they'll just "condemn" the attack. China and India will not respond aggressively unless said nuke causes mass death.

The problem is, after the Kharkiv offensive, there were two paths Putin could take, either de-escalation and seeking diplomacy or escalation and seeking mobilization and nuclear threats. He chose the latter. So it's clear what path is headed for and we must really prepare for it.

Like for me, I don't want want to underestimate Putin's madness anymore. After Kharkiv withdrawal, I really thought that Putin would slowly start to pull out. But I was dead wrong. And now he's reportedly mobilizing a one million army. That won't surprise me if that army marches on the baltics in a couple of years, if Ukraine falls. All it takes is for Trump and the far right to be elected to break up NATO and Putin will have free reign in eastern europe.

So before I respond I just want to say that 99.99% of what you have been saying here over the past 6 months has been on point, and I can tell that you know what you are talking about.

But this is where you miss:

1. “After Kharkiv withdrawal, I really thought that Putin would slowly start to pull out.”

The chances of that happening were always 0. He is never going to pull out and never going to admit any kind of defeat. He’s going to kill every last Russian before he quits.

2. “Putin doesn't have a lot to lose from using a small nuclear attack on Snake island”

This is exactly why I don’t think he’s going to do it. He has WAY more to lose from announcing a mobilization, yet he still chose to do it over a nuclear attack.

You have to understand, Putin is not crazy. He is not some sort of crazy man that is willing to die for a “great” idea. He’s a very rational, rich man who loves his lifestyle and his wealth. I promise you he is just as scared of a nuclear war as you are.

Edit: another thing that came to mind. There’s a joke on Twitter that says “Don’t believe anything until the Kremlin denies it” and it’s actually really true. Before Feb 24, not only did none of the officials talk about any kind of war/invasion/operation, they explicitly denied it. Which is why it happened. But with nukes, this is literally all they have been talking about for years, because it’s their way of scaring Western politicians of actually doing something. There’s nothing more to it.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
insight
7 minutes ago, Admin said:

So before I respond I just want to say that 99.99% of what you have been saying here over the past 6 months has been on point, and I can tell that you know what you are talking about.

1. “After Kharkiv withdrawal, I really thought that Putin would slowly start to pull out.”

The chances of that happening were always 0. He is never going to pull out and never going to admit any kind of defeat. He’s going to kill every last Russian before he quits.

2. “Putin doesn't have a lot to lose from using a small nuclear attack on Snake island”

This is exactly why I don’t think he’s going to do it. He has WAY more to lose from announcing a mobilization, yet he still chose to do it over a nuclear attack.

You have to understand, Putin is not crazy. He is not some sort of crazy man that is willing to die for a “great” idea. He’s a very rational, rich man who loves his lifestyle and his wealth. I promise you he is just as scared of a nuclear war as you are.

Putin wants to rule like Stalin and live large like Abramovych

berlinforme
15 minutes ago, Admin said:

Edit: another thing that came to mind. There’s a joke on Twitter that says “Don’t believe anything until the Kremlin denies it” and it’s actually really true. Before Feb 24, not only did none of the officials talk about any kind of war/invasion/operation, they explicitly denied it. Which is why it happened. But with nukes, this is literally all they have been talking about for years, because it’s their way of scaring Western politicians of actually doing something. There’s nothing more to it.

Thanks for your 'inside' view! Putin clinging to his wealth and lifestyle that would be at risk in a nuclear war is a very interesting point. 

Dennis
56 minutes ago, Admin said:

Thank you! Yes I really tried to get the russian perspective over the past few months. I had discussions with many russians I strongly disagreed with, but it was still important for me to understand why they support this war. 

And what you said gives me hope. I think as long as Putin doesn't use nuclear weapons or nuclear warning shots, this situation can still be de-escalated. He is definitely under a lot of pressure from the nationalists however. And I don't get why he continues to heavily silence liberals, but never cracks down on any of the nationalists who accuse him of being too weak (including Igor Girkin for example). Sometimes I worry that his replacement might be worse. But let's see how this unfolds... I hope the liberal part of Russia becomes more prominent, but they're really being crushed. The decision to forcibly conscript protestors who oppose the war is something literally unimaginable in terms of cruelty. But I hope such vocal minority survives long enough until the tides shift against Putin.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 1