Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Battle for Lyman continues as Ukraine retakes a new settlement

FfFfFfFF

Featured Posts

FfFfFfFF

In the last 24 hours Ukraine got closer to liberating Lyman by the entering the settlement of Drobysheve! Around the administrative Kharkiv-Luhansk border there are reports of Koroviy Yar also being retaken (which remains unconfirmed). Liberating Lyman could mean the Ukrainians will continue to push along the Siversky Donets river to Lysychansk and Severodonetsk OR to the north of Luhansk province.

FdN9jkCX0AA0Azy?format=jpg&name=4096x409

In addition, fighting took place in Bakhmut-Soledar area, around Donetsk city and in Kherson.

nw4Y---WeknSZR7lmeSyoviQfYwgirsvzbvAqc5I Source

According to Institue for the Study of War, the partial mobilization in Russia won't affect the course of the war. According to others, 300.000 more troops may potentially make a difference by securing the Donbas and the Black Sea coast (an invansion from Belarus or Russia's north still being deemed unlikely).

As of now, Ukraine controls around 1% of Luhansk, 42% of Donetsk, 28% of Zaporizhzhia and 9% of Kherson. 

19xwftcp58p91.jpg

• Love 1
Dennis

Lyman will be liberated this week I think. It's inevitable. The russians are holding out with huge losses only to avoid another blow. But it'll happen.

Debithius

I wonder what's going to happen once those 300k gets to Ukraine. What happens if Russia keeps losing? Putin will not back down. Putin is cornered and it's important to give him a potential out but it won't be of great loss either. He will go further than most of us think.

Dennis
13 minutes ago, Debithius said:

I wonder what's going to happen once those 300k gets to Ukraine. What happens if Russia keeps losing? Putin will not back down. Putin is cornered and it's important to give him a potential out but it won't be of great loss either. He will go further than most of us think.

He already rejects all way outs. He wants to annex 4 regions, and mind you that in all those 4 regions, Ukraine controls part of them. So via this referendum he's even annexing land that is not controlled by russia and considers it russian land.

This is insanity. You can't reason with it. And if you allow this logic to stand, he can repeat the same in the baltics, poland etc..

He wants to drag NATO into the war and people have to make their peace with that. For him, losing to NATO is better than losing to Ukraine. And he could be able to extract concessions from all of NATO, as opposed to only Ukraine.

Magui
57 minutes ago, FfFfFfFF said:

So actually 1M instead of just 300k....

It doesn't matter at this point...he could just mobilize everyone, because what difference does it make to him? He controls everything in Russia, no one will oppose his decisions, in fact a large number will go freely and die for the lies he tells. I'm only sorry for the few ones that actually can't accept an live with the oppression of the regime and do as Putin's says, cause they will end up in jail or killed. 

And I feel for Ukraine tremendously cause they will be the ones continuingly suffering until Putin gets what he wants.

My country endured a dictatorship for 41 years, the ones that had the guts to criticize, ended up in jail, were killed or just got out of the country. Salazar would send men to kill and die in Angola, Mozambique, Guiné, for nothing, cause those countries wanted simply what it was due, being independent. The country would face  criticism by the ONU and USA, but Salazar just continued with war, cause there was no opposition.  But it was actually the war that end up undermining the regime, the army was tired of it. I don't know when or if russians will open their eyes, at this point I find even more difficult than the 41 years that it took in my country decades ago, after all Russia it's a big country, with a freaking big army, and Putin can easily mobilize 1 million, 2 million, it's basically as he whises. 

• Like 1