Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
other

Celebs use Ozempic for weight loss, leaving a shortage for pre-diabetics

Teletubby

Featured Posts

Teletubby

source source source

Celebrities and wealthy social elites are spending $1,500 a month on a pre-diabetes drug with miraculous weight loss effects - so much so that those who actually need it are having trouble finding it.

Ozempic, a diabetes drug that boosts insulin sensitivity, stops the stomach from emptying and suppresses appetite, oftentimes resulting in weight loss

Variety reports that semaglutide has become a staple in some groups. One insider said that everyone from actors, moguls, to reality stars to producers are using the injectable drug. So much so that it has become a part of a star's preparation process alongside their hair and make-up routine.

The surge in demand for the drug has caused problems for the drug has left many pre-diabetics - for which there are nearly 100 million in the United States - unable to access it. Unmanaged pre-diabetes can put a person at risk of developing type 2 diabetes.

The drug went viral on TikTok over summer as a boon for those looking to slim down, and unfounded allegations that stars like the Kardashian family was using them for weight loss began to rise. TikTok users have been documenting their weight loss using the hashtag #ozempic, which has garnered 182m views, as well as #ozempicjourney and #ozempicaustralia.

Glamour reports that Google searches for the drug boomed after Kim Kardashian shared that she had dropped her body fat percentage from 25 to 18, though she never confirmed use of the drug.

Like any miracle weight loss drug, there is skepticism about long-term use. In addition to a leaner figure, a notable side effect is “gastrointestinal phenomena — bloating, constipation, diarrhea,” according to Town and Country. 

When asked about this unpleasant risk, one talent publicist put it bluntly: “Who cares? Everyone who works in this business has IBS, anyway.” 

i'm just a baby and @Juanlittlem is my ❀*·ꕤ. ☁️eternal enemy🌩️。˚❀

Danny Milk

My grandmother wasn't able to pick up her prescription this week and the chemists have no clue as to when they're going to have it in stock again. Her doctor said it's okay if she misses her injection for a week or two but if she wont have it for longer than that, then it becomes an issue. This is a very scary situation.

I guess it doesn't really matter

clementine

Oh. so this is why we're always out of stock of this med. Although I did hear about some correspondence from some higher-ups that the pharmacist may have to confirm that RX's for Ozempic that we dispense are being prescribed for diabetes like they're supposed to, not for weight loss.

Can I... borrow a piece of your chicken?

TheSine

Okay, you know what? This is not cool at all. It upsets me that people are treating this kind of medicine like it's a game, it's not. People actually NEED to use this medicine. People who actually HAVE what it is catering towards. There are so many alternative choices for weight loss other than this. I hope this stops as soon as possible so they can get it straight. If people with diabetes don't get their daily doses, it messes their blood sugar up. STOP IT! :saladga: These are people's lives they're messing with.

🖤TheSine🖤

you can literally afford a gym and a nutrition expert, christ sake :nails:

it's not that hard when you have time and money :nails:

mother, what must i do?

SharkmanthaC

I just started taking this about two months ago. I have insulin resistance (thanks PCOS) and have been really working to lose weight but just at a stand still. This medication has helped me a lot, and going to recheck my bloodwork at my next appointment. While I’m primarily taking it for weight loss, it is helping my body regulate my insulin (even though I’m not diabetic). It’s a great medication if you need it but this scares me. The side effects can be awful. I’ve had horrible nausea and heartburn on it, plus stomach upset issues (I even vomited from it). Plus if you don’t have insulin issues this could probably really drop your blood sugar which isn’t good. It has really helped me be able to tell when I am full (and yes, this is a thing in overweight people that don’t feel full) and has really helped me listen to my body. I finally feel like I have the momentum to lose weight with it. I’ve lost probably close to 10 pounds (from my home scale). 

she/her/hers

36 minutes ago, NATAH said:

you can literally afford a gym and a nutrition expert, christ sake :nails:

it's not that hard when you have time and money :nails:

I feel like (the majority) of people doing this don’t want to put in the effort or want a quick fix, like celebs. Losing weight by calorie counting and exercise isn’t difficult at all.

Remind me of this mess:

Weight Loss Injection Ads Banned For 'Irresponsible' Claims

One of the companies, SkinnyJab Ltd, came under fire for a post on Instagram

5f7c5e11220000c78f82c1f2.jpeg?cache=6Fg5

Source

Hottie Detector

36 minutes ago, AshIey said:

I feel like (the majority) of people doing this don’t want to put in the effort or want a quick fix, like celebs. Losing weight by calorie counting and exercise isn’t difficult at all.

ugh true... they're seeing that they can afford the "quick" option despite having the free time... so annoying

mother, what must i do?

SharkmanthaC
1 hour ago, AshIey said:

1 hour ago, NATAH said:

ugh true... they're seeing that they can afford the "quick" option despite having the free time... so annoying

I just want to dispel this. While for most people diet and exercise can be enough, it’s not that way for everyone. That’s why I started this medication. I was already on a meal plan with my clinic and my body just responds to insulin differently. But especially if you’re already diabetic, it can be extremely hard to lose weight just through diet and exercise. I’m not saying those aren’t important, but that alone may not work for everyone. (Although, the celebs using this probably don’t need it.)

she/her/hers

TheSine
34 minutes ago, SamanthaC said:

I just want to dispel this. While for most people diet and exercise can be enough, it’s not that way for everyone. That’s why I started this medication. I was already on a meal plan with my clinic and my body just responds to insulin differently. But especially if you’re already diabetic, it can be extremely hard to lose weight just through diet and exercise. I’m not saying those aren’t important, but that alone may not work for everyone. (Although, the celebs using this probably don’t need it.)

I agree with this. I have a metabolic issue as well and had many dead ends. Sometimes, you have no idea what the context is. Relating to the post, I'm infering that people that do not need it are using the medicine blissfully just because someone else said it, completely ignoring the harsh side effects that come with it. As you said, the alleged celebrities that are using it probably do not need it.

🖤TheSine🖤

Archived