Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
politics

Protests in Russia over mobilization

Dennis

Featured Posts

Dennis

Some protests have erupted today, especially in Moscow. They were met with heavy police repression and it is reported that over 600 people were detained already. Unfortunately I'm seeing many cynical reactions claiming that these people only protest now because they don't want to be sent to the frontline, however as seen many of them are women (who are exempt from fighting anyway). It's okay to be outraged by the fact a majority of russians support this war but it's also important to not put everyone in the same basket. There is collective responsibility but we must also applaud the brave minority who are risking their own lives to protest against this war.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 5
  • YAAAS 4
Mother of Puppies

why are the police and military not protesting too? I don't get it... they have to see at some point what this is all about...

You can call me Lady MOP
Dennis
1 minute ago, Mother of Puppies said:

why are the police and military not protesting too? I don't get it... they have to see at some point what this is all about...

those jobs are usually filled by nationalists, who make up the overwhelming majority of russians. Think of them as a worse version of trump supporters except that they're not 40% of the country, but more like 70% with absolute power.

• Sad 1
PartySick
25 minutes ago, Dennis said:

those jobs are usually filled by nationalists, who make up the overwhelming majority of russians. Think of them as a worse version of trump supporters except that they're not 40% of the country, but more like 70% with absolute power.

Do you live in Russia or? I'm extremely skeptical of people painting Russians with this broad brush when this is the kind of government they have to live under.

If you anonymously asked every Russian "do you support killing Ukrainians" the answers would be overwhelmingly "of f*cking course not".

Russian citizens aren't supporters of the war, they're bystanders. And just like any other group of humans, bystanders usually remain bystanders until they're directly effected.

• Like 1
Dennis
17 minutes ago, PartySick said:

Do you live in Russia or? I'm extremely skeptical of people painting Russians with this broad brush when this is the kind of government they have to live under.

If you anonymously asked every Russian "do you support killing Ukrainians" the answers would be overwhelmingly "of f*cking course not".

Russian citizens aren't supporters of the war, they're bystanders. And just like any other group of humans, bystanders usually remain bystanders until they're directly effected.

It's the reality. I used to think like you, until I delved into russian social media (telegram pages) and talked with many average russians there. There are some that I talk with even on a regular basis. 

Not only virtually all polls (including western ones) confirm the support for the war in Russia, but also my own personal discussions with many of them. There is one particular guy for example, just few days ago, we discussed potential peace deals, and he was claiming that Ukraine rejects neutrality and didn't want to accept such peace deal. But when I sent him LCI interview of Medvedev where he says that neutrality alone is not enough, he claimed it's deep fake video lmao.. Another guy who works as a lawyer in Russia once told me that Russia should use tactical nuclear weapons if Ukraine tries to take back Donbas. So yeah most russians I spoke with since the start of the war have a chauvinist nationalistic attitude.

I do know a couple of russians who oppose the war however. So as I said, they do exist, but they're a minority in the country.

Like for me, it's no longer possible to deny something that I know is a reality, at least based on my own personal experience and the polls/data out there. At the start of the war, I used to think it was Putin's war, but I can no longer fool myself or anyone else.

Edited by Dennis
  • Like 1
Debithius
1 hour ago, PartySick said:

Yo...it's true...

Dennis

In a psychotic turn of events, apparently russia is forcing anti-war protesters to go fight in Ukraine. In case anyone still had doubts about the fact that Putin is a psychopath

Edited by Dennis
  • Shook 1
  • Sad 1
Suuus
16 minutes ago, Dennis said:

In a psychotic turn of events, apparently russia is forcing anti-war protesters to go fight in Ukraine. In case anyone still had doubts about the fact that Putin is a psychopath

That is so ****ed up and sad 

CannaeDrive

Yep, it's not exactly going according to Vladolf Putler's wishes.

"Fame Is A Boomerang" - Maria Callas
Dennis

Another horrific example. I wish there was a way to get these people out of this country. They showed great bravery and deserve help. I hope the few NGOs left in Russia are helping them