Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Breaking: Funny Girl role was offered to Gaga

Meat

Featured Posts

The BPD Monster
5 hours ago, Wet Fire said:

Pretty sure Gaga would have done it even if she was offered the bare minimum :oops: But her schedule has been quite hectic this year.

This. There's no other way she would've turned that down. It would've helped her career even more

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
EGOT2027
8 minutes ago, The BPD Monster said:

This. There's no other way she would've turned that down. It would've helped her career even more

nah i don’t think her playing another iconic barbara role is a smart move right now

monstertoronto
5 hours ago, SevenWonder said:

Gaga was born for the stage. It's inevitable she lands there.

Frankly, I'm glad she passed on Funny Girl (whatever the actual reason). It's too storied and the pressure to outdo Barbra would have been too great. Gaga haters will find any reason to pick her apart in a way they won't do for others. 

I want a musical she writes or is written for her.

After remaking ASIB it would be a weird look for Gaga to do another Streisand role basically right after. Not that she wouldn’t have totally killed that role and should prob do it sometime. 

djBuffoon
4 hours ago, Meat said:

@LilyLark remember this? I think this will actually happen. Deux Moi has mostly been right about Gaga-related rumours.

FdCgPfeXEAIe1NQ?format=jpg&name=medium

I’m fairly certain this is referring to Jessie Buckley and Eddie Redmayne repeating their award-winning performances in Cabaret

Buckley is the Oscar-nominated actress/musician, Redmayne is who they’re enticing to repeat his iconic role, and ‘Lady peaceful, lady happy’ is a lyric from the song “Maybe This Time”.

StrawberryBlond

Well, that was a surprise. I had no idea theatre was even something to be considered for her right now. I always assumed it was something Gaga would make the choice to pursue but they actually reached out to her? The chances of her getting a Tony one day may not be a far off dream at this rate. But I always thought that it would come about in the form of her writing for a musical and getting awarded through that, which is the way for most singers to achieve the award. As great as all these opportunities are, I wonder if Gaga will ever have the time to get married and have kids, though. She's never really come close to having an empty schedule her entire career, she's either recording, touring or filming constantly.

Economy

When it comes to acting she seems much more concerned with loving the role than how much it pays so I doubt that would be the issue...

She already makes loads from music and now makeup. I think acting is more like the hobby side of her career where pay is just a bonus...

2 minutes ago, Economy said:

When it comes to acting she seems much more concerned with loving the role than how much it pays so I doubt that would be the issue...

She already makes loads from music and now makeup. I think acting is more like the hobby side of her career where pay is just a bonus...

A hobby that pays $10mill for a few months of filming.:oops:

But nah I get what you mean. Gaga is set for life. She can do whatever she wants.

2 hours ago, Robo Ga said:

I think Gaga should do broadway later in her career… MUCH later.  Maybe age 50+

Not sure why you say this.

BUT...,

Please stop this stereotyping that Broadway acting is super serious and only for old actors when they have nothing better to do. It's 2022 :what:

It can be cool and fun too you know? If the opportunity given to her early then why not? She doesn't have to be 50+ to do this. :diane:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ unknown.. despair.. a lost (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

boyerased
6 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Realistically I think she’s gonna do cabaret

I want her to be the emcee but then it might mess up the plot. 

Guillaume Hamon

After Gaga did the ASIB remake ( even if it was modified compared to the ancient versions ) and now she publicly said she wanted to play Cleopatra while also being rumored for a remake of Cabaret and possibly a remake of Rosemary Baby...

I kinda hope her Broadway debut would be for a original role that she would make legendary rather than an other project that will lead to comparisons.

The BPD Monster
8 hours ago, EGOT2027 said:

nah i don’t think her playing another iconic barbara role is a smart move right now

Oh I didn't know about Barbara. Nvm :selena:

6 hours ago, RAMROD said:

BUT...,

Please stop this stereotyping that Broadway acting is super serious and only for old actors when they have nothing better to do. It's 2022 :what:

It can be cool and fun too you know? If the opportunity given to her early then why not? She doesn't have to be 50+ to do this. :diane:

well clearly it isn't for older people as Lea Michele is starring in Funny Girl and the role is for someone young, anyway. As is Wicked, Hairspray, and so many other iconic roles. But I think in Gaga's case, the case for making her wait a minute to do Broadway (imo) is that while she could theoretically do Broadway at any time in her life, pop music and touring and all that are really a young person's game. The caliber and rigor of Gaga's output (even now when it's somewhat scaled back) is still tremendously taxing. Plus tbh I also feel like most of the iconic roles I think she'd chew tf up are ones for actresses a little older but that's just my personal opinion.

Robo Ga
8 hours ago, RAMROD said:

BUT...,

I only say this because she is in the prime of her career now and if she does Broadway, it will be the smallest percentage of the most privileged fans that will ever get to even see it or experience it. I would rather she spend her time on things that her whole global fanbase can enjoy together rather than just the rich ones in NYC. Same reason I didn’t support the Vegas residency and I still don’t. I think that it limits the scope of her reach. I would never be able to afford to go see her on Broadway and it’s very unlikely that I would ever get a good recording of that. If she focuses on music, fashion, and movies, the entire fanbase can enjoy all of those things together. 

🤖⚡️

Archived