💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Breaking: Funny Girl role was offered to Gaga

Meat

Featured Posts

Rolling Stone did an Interview with the most reliable Broadway insider “Lewis” and got him to spill really juicy details about the much-talked about Funny Girl revival. Here’s what he said:

Let’s get to Funny Girl . First of all, why do you think this production has been so cursed? 

Because they didn’t wait for Lady Gaga to open up her schedule to do it. That’s where it started. This production originally, they reached out to Gaga and they were never gonna give her enough money to star in this production. Look at what the set looks like. They don’t have anything close to Gaga money.

My mind is blown omg. She obviously could not do it because she was touring this year. But this means that Broadway is actually interested in making Gaga a theatre star :fatcat:

Full article:

https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-features/lea-michele-funny-girl-broadway-drama-sweaty-oracle-1234594593/amp/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wet Fire

Pretty sure Gaga would have done it even if she was offered the bare minimum :oops: But her schedule has been quite hectic this year.

badfaith

I'm sure she would've been up for it if she wasn't touring even if the pay wasn't on par with her recent stuff, but I dont know lol 

Papergangstuh

I'm not that surprised. Broadway and a Tony win is a given for Gaga whether it's next month or 30 years from now. Like out of all the future albums, films, career moves, etc. Broadway and Gaga is one thing I'm 100% sure will happen no matter what.

I'm not really surprised they wanted her, but I'm also not sure she'd have taken it even if the money was right.

You do 8 shows a week on Broadway, right? And it's not a small role. I don't know if she feels (or felt at the time) physically up to that.

Maybe now that she's feeling so confident after the Chromatica tour she'll seriously consider theatre, though? 

bpmMonkey
15 minutes ago, Meat said:

they reached out to Gaga and they were never gonna give her enough money to star in this production. Look at what the set looks like. They don’t have anything close to Gaga money.

This sounds kinda off tbh. Of course she knows her worth and she’s aware about her talent, but I don’t think in a production like for Broadway she’d be a hard sales person. She’s very much about New York and her musical career and probably would take a role for prestige and the fun of it.
It sounds like the „reporter“ doesn’t really know much about her and only sees the „Gaga Money Productions“ of it all, but does not know where it actually comes from. 

As people have said before now, i think it was, if true in the first place, more about the timing and general stress to her body that would go along with such a project. 

I don't think Gaga would take the time off to do a theatre gig, even on Broadway, at essentially the height of her career. It would have to be something extra special.

Purr more, hiss less.

elijahfan

Is this a surprise to anyone? I definitely remember the rumors about Gaga possibly starring in this revival, and it prompted me to watch the film.

elijahfan
18 minutes ago, badfaith said:

I'm sure she would've been up for it if she wasn't touring even if the pay wasn't on par with her recent stuff, but I dont know lol 

I agree. Even tho it ended up being a smash hit, ASIB wasn't a big budget film and she famously agreed to a fairly small salary for it. If the project is captivating enough, I can't imagine money being that much of a problem for her.

SevenWonder

Gaga was born for the stage. It's inevitable she lands there.

Frankly, I'm glad she passed on Funny Girl (whatever the actual reason). It's too storied and the pressure to outdo Barbra would have been too great. Gaga haters will find any reason to pick her apart in a way they won't do for others. 

I want a musical she writes or is written for her.

I'm still keeping my finger crossed for The Nanny, in the hopes that it's a good script with good music.

And for years I've pictured Gaga with a 1 yo kid renting an appartment in NYC doing a big broadway show for a couple of months. Her parents could help babysit and Gaga will have something as close to a 9-5 as she's ever had. That was my dream for her.

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

Archived