Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7 Needs to be ambitious/serious

Quark

Featured Posts

I’ve been stanning this woman since the beginning, and you need to learn one thing that some of us already have: don’t project your expectations on Gaga, because she WILL subvert them one way or another. Just relax and enjoy things as they are and as they will be.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ProfessionalClown

I just want her to go f*cling crazy, off the wall. Do what she does best and shock the world. Even in her newer eras she shocked us.

We didn’t expect the stripped back Joanne, never expected the route of ASIB, never expected two major jazz albums (one of them being a giant hit surprisingly), didn’t expect her to go back to the pop scene now and especially for me didn’t expect the more house influenced electronica sound of chromatica. 

She’s gonna do something amazing and crazy for LG7 whether it be pop, ballads, rock, whatever. She’s gonna do Gaga and I’m ready 

12 hours ago, Benji said:

I don’t think a dated on release album that just used a bunch of popular producer’s instrumentals is at all ambitious.  ARTPOP is the only example of Gaga chasing a trend and it failed spectacularly.  Cheesy American EDM was everywhere in the charts already and Gaga adding to it added nothing.

Making a pop/country/rock album when no one else did was ambitious.  Making Chromatica a whole two years before any other American pop star jumped on the dance music trend again was ambitious.

If you really dislike her work since and pine for an album that came out ten years ago… maybe it’s time to log off?  Why stick around if you’re pining for an artist that’s evolved.

Was the EDM trend strong before ARTPOP? Yes. But keep in mind that Gaga had been working on ARTPOP since 2012 or almost as soon as the BTW era ended. Also even though the main theme of ARTPOP was EDM, the EDM songs on ARTPOP sounded nothing like most of the generic EDM songs in the mainstream. For example what mainstream song sounded like Aura, Sexxx Dreams, Venus, or even Applause around that time? Furthermore not all songs on ARTPOP were EDM. Think about Dope, MANiCURE, J&D, ARTPOP, and Fashion. Those songs range from electronic ballads, to trap, to funk, to electronica. Also if you read my OP you would know that I don’t dislike her work at all. I have liked all her recent albums too. I just stated that she is missing some the ambition that she had before.

My dream LG7: Hard, industrial, disco and funk inspired pop rock music: Born This Way but even more rock balanced and with lots of funk added.

Mark, Blood, BURNS (exec.), DJWS, Max Martin, an iconic team waiting to slay LG7

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

I think fans need to face the music (teehee) and accept that Gaga’s most innovative and experimental days are likely permenantly behind her, and we’re very contingent on her youth in those early years. It’s not unusual for most musicians to make their best work in their 20s, not because of, like, stamina, but because of a devil-may-care disposition, or even delusion, that’s only really possible when you’re young . That and not being beholden to their own legacies and fandoms yet. Gaga has also been famous for so so long now, and celebrity does, I think, atrophy creativity to a certain extent. But clearly, in Gaga’s case, not talent

she’s still so good at what she does, in fact, she’s better at performing than she’s ever been, and I for one am happy with her doing whatever makes sense for her, even if that means being a greatest hits girlie and a Vegas entertainer. She’s earned that peace

Battle 4 Ur Life

not sure about that…maybe only if it’s SECRETLY intended that way. the LAST thing she needs from a new era is having her tell everyone again she wanted to be ambitious, innovative, avant-garde, etc only to have the damn press, the haters and basically everyone else in the planet campaign hard to say otherwise just for fun/get attention. we’ve been there.

let’s not forget that she has consistently put out 6 top quality solo records, even if the (majority of) GP is not closely noticing her craft anymore. Chromatica is a cohesive ambitious solid work of art which is already leaving influence in the industry (we all know who I’m looking at, so it’s hard to deny it).

to sum up, she just needs to relax, get in touch with her creative spirit, find a theme or idea that interests her and compose. if she wasn’t capable of putting out an ambitious album we wouldn’t even be interested or having this conversation. :iamfair:

"We own the Downtown, hear our sound."

Archived