💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7 Needs to be ambitious/serious

Quark

Featured Posts

I trust Gaga to make music that she likes, and I'll almost surely like it too.

I just popped in to say that I think that trying to be the most innovative, trying to bring something new to music, can be a trap that leads to wasted hours and wasted talents. I hope that I don't offend Prince fans, but he seemed obsessed with this innovation in his later years and the public didn't get many hits, imo.

It just seems silly to talk about LG7's direction. Someone else, and hopefully Gaga herself, will decide where to go next. Rock, pop, original jazz or country preferred. Let someone else do r&b rap, imo. Unless, of course she has songs that are ready to go. In which case, let em rip. If she wants to do jazz again, can it please be original music, at least. I would have chosen a few hundred other songs to cover before those jazz songs, but this is her career, not mine.

I liked that the entire Chromatica was a dance album. It played very well on the tour! But I could also easily like a mix: a couple of experimental tracks, a couple of ballads, a couple of high energy dance songs, some earworming formulaic pop. 

I just listened to a video of Speechless played to the Queen of England on that giant piano and it was timeless classic material.

Isn't her next project going to be Joker, which would certainly be developed with the film producers, wouldn't it?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Benji said:

What she said ≠ what was delivered

Was it messy? Yes. But was the album ambitious? Also yes. And that type of thinking and intent is was she lacks.

BARKDANGER

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I’d love Gaga to make an album like the vibe of Perfect Illusion. The “stings”, the key changes, the lyrics. Joanne GIF by Lady Gaga

“I’m on the edge of glory…”

rasclautmangos

I just want her to make something she's really excited and passionate about, no matter how long it takes her to get it done. Also no more bloodpop. 

Alegagaloo
31 minutes ago, BARKDANGER said:

This might be an unpopular opinion, but I’d love Gaga to make an album like the vibe of Perfect Illusion. The “stings”, the key changes, the lyrics. Joanne GIF by Lady Gaga

THIS

JohnDeWayne

I too hope Gaga's next project is ambitious and brilliantly executed. I would love for her to put something out that is critically acclaimed and talked about for years to come. I feel like she's at a point in her career where she has the money, resources, and tenure to really deliver something epic. I'm thinking avant-garde pop with brilliant songwriting accompanied by spectacular visuals. Chromatica was a good enough pop record but I really want her to release something that shakes up the pop music landscape. 

AnglerfishbraBENUS
16 hours ago, SHALLOW said:

Gaga is very talented but nowadays she looks and behaves like any other celeb. She doesn't seem interested in making groundbreaking music anymore.

I still love her but i also definitely lowered my expectations a bit.

she doesn’t need to make groundbreaking music. She has lowkey been ahead of trends with Joanne and Chromatica, made a timeless body of work with ASIB and set up an amazing incomparable future in Jazz with Cheek to Cheek. Being ‘ahead of the times’ in a time when most sounds already exist is sort of futile. 

I think the Chromatica Ball really showed us she's still here for those type of visuals / styles, so I think whatever comes next, will be great in terms of music and performances (hopefully a proper era and ww tour this time tho)

4 hours ago, Quark said:

And that type of thinking and intent is was she lacks.

probably for the best, luv

mother, what must i do?

OMonster
20 hours ago, River said:

Saying that Chromatica is not ambitious or serious is laughable.

What I wish for LG7 is that some of her fans will finally appreciate her and her craft instead of constantly finding the flaws and fan-explain her what she should do. 

I agree actually. I think Chromatica is very serious and ambitious. Even in interviews about the album, Gaga had that very 'serious' and 'artistic' tone. Chromatica is inherently ambitious since it is - by far - her most personal album to date and literally chronicles her trauma and daily battles. I think the user wants something that's more 'artistically ambitious', which Chromatica isn't really, is it? It's a body of work that's very mainstream and doesn't push any musical boundaries... whereas, I guess, BTW and ARTPOP (less so) did to some degree. 

subtext / fantasy

29 minutes ago, OMonster said:

I agree actually. I think Chromatica is very serious and ambitious. Even in interviews about the album, Gaga had that very 'serious' and 'artistic' tone. Chromatica is inherently ambitious since it is - by far - her most personal album to date and literally chronicles her trauma and daily battles. I think the user wants something that's more 'artistically ambitious', which Chromatica isn't really, is it? It's a body of work that's very mainstream and doesn't push any musical boundaries... whereas, I guess, BTW and ARTPOP (less so) did to some degree. 

Chromatica is still a mix of experimental and mainstream, just by Chromatica II and 911 transitioning alone she pushed musical boundaries, or starting a dance album with a classic music, Plastic Doll is very experimental, most of the songs are basically written to be ballads and each song has many details. 

It's just easy for them to say "it's basic" without giving a few minute thoughts, each album to it's own, to the period of release. BTW was released in a special moment in society, we needed a LGBTQ+, we needed her risk for example, but she can't repeat again, it was a once in a life experience for example.

I just want them to appreciate her and not take her for granted and what really annoy me that sometimes they appreciate music of other artists that s really basic, not pushing any boundaries and they don't even write themselves, it's like to stab gaga in her back.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

12 hours ago, Quark said:

Was it messy? Yes. But was the album ambitious? Also yes. And that type of thinking and intent is was she lacks.

I don’t think a dated on release album that just used a bunch of popular producer’s instrumentals is at all ambitious.  ARTPOP is the only example of Gaga chasing a trend and it failed spectacularly.  Cheesy American EDM was everywhere in the charts already and Gaga adding to it added nothing.

Making a pop/country/rock album when no one else did was ambitious.  Making Chromatica a whole two years before any other American pop star jumped on the dance music trend again was ambitious.

If you really dislike her work since and pine for an album that came out ten years ago… maybe it’s time to log off?  Why stick around if you’re pining for an artist that’s evolved.

On 9/19/2022 at 6:00 AM, Sorcerer said:

Sorry but if we want to see her touring in Latin America, Africa, and Southeast Asia again, we need the music to be understandable and relatable. There's a perfect mix of experimentation and mainstream and I think it's also what she wants for her music regardless of the genre.

She used to say in the BTWB that music was the language we all understand, and that was an entirely world-wide tour. Whichever direction she takes- she surely will include elements that everyone can relate to. If not, her goal would most likely be to expose people to new sounds in efforts to bring them closer together (just my opinion on how she makes music)

Archived