Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
opinion

LG7 Needs to be ambitious/serious

Quark

Featured Posts

o<(0_0)>o

I think that with LG7 Gaga needs to be serious and ambitious again. I feel like ever since ARTPOP Gaga has toned down her artistry and ambitions specially when talking about music. It would be awesome if LG7 had experimental music, innovative ideas, and strong messages of some kind. Now this is not to say that Gaga hasn’t been trying. I still think all of her albums have been unique and interesting in some ways. For example, you can still see interesting “Gaga” ideas in Joanne and Chromatica. But these ideas don’t match the musical experimentation and message of acceptance and equality of Born This Way. They also don’t match the craziness of ARTPOP or trying to create a whole movement of bringing ART into POP. I think there is a reason why we don’t get “Album of the Decade” and “Reverse Warholian Experience” statements anymore. I feel like is time for Gaga to be the innovative, boundary pushing, risk taker, controversial, and ambitious Gaga once again. Why you may ask? Because we know she can be and because I think we all want Gaga to showcase her talents at their full potential.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mother of Puppies

It doesn't need to be anything :whitney: except what Gaga wants it to be

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

littlepotter

I agree with you but I'd say that's what I want it to be, not what it needs to be. Quite frankly, I'm not very sure if Gaga still has in her the darkness that helped her make songs like Bad Romance or Bloody Mary. But maybe that was the price of her becoming happy and healthy, which is good.

chaeri pls

Gaga will join the two universe and make LG 7 as jazz pop alboom. Collaborators includes; Jamie Cullum, Joss Stone, Corrine Bailey Rae, Norah Jones, and Mikjel Buble!  :ohwell:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

bpmMonkey

Absolutely not. 
I wish for her to get into much more ease when it comes to music, especially going into her 40s. I love Gaga so so much, but she’s sometimes so full of herself speaking about music, which is really charming but in my opinion hinders her a lot in actually creating music she wants to put out. (Remember her doing the Telecom track by track for ARTPOP or the super intense over explaining of lyrics during the Zane Lowe for Chromatica 🙄)
She clearly has banked a coin, gave work to so many people in her realm. I think it would be time for her so have one era that’s not the most production. We have seen her shifting into this btw, her „only“ doing 20 shows for Chromatica for a few months has been so good for her health and well being that I hope she’s not going back to her overkilling methods from years past. 

The Fame Monster

With the 6 amazing studio albums, 2 great jazz albums, 2 superb soundtrack albums and 3 unique remix albums we have had so far, I am confident to say that whatever she decides to create will be amazing.

But I wouldn't be mad if we had a RockGa album next. :hor:

Find your freedom in the music

SHALLOW

Gaga is very talented but nowadays she looks and behaves like any other celeb. She doesn't seem interested in making groundbreaking music anymore.

I still love her but i also definitely lowered my expectations a bit.

SHALLOW
28 minutes ago, gypsy Hero said:

Remember her doing the Telecom track by track for ARTPOP or the super intense over explaining of lyrics during the Zane Lowe for Chromatica 🙄)

I honestly found ARTPOP interviews somewhat fun to watch. Chromatica on the other hand... The concept just wasn't there and her words didn't really make sense so she kept saying the same stuff.

Chromatica is a good pop album but i really feel that conceptually she didn't put as much effort as she did in other albums so that already is a downgrade for me personally and i definitely lowered my expectations after that

1 hour ago, pussycat said:

No. LG7 needs to be nothing but what she wants it to be 

Then Solo Jazz album it is I guess

bpmMonkey
7 minutes ago, SHALLOW said:

I honestly found ARTPOP interviews somewhat fun to watch. Chromatica on the other hand... The concept just wasn't there and her words didn't really make sense so she kept saying the same stuff.

Chromatica is a good pop album but i really feel that conceptually she didn't put as much effort as she did in other albums so that already is a downgrade for me personally and i definitely lowered my expectations after that

The mentioned ARTPOP interview really showed me how well the album has aged. The songs and lyrics still feel so fresh, but when you listen to her explaining the lyrics you can clearly tell it was a mid 20 year old singing and speaking, which btw is absolutely and totally fine, but still very funny 😅

But yes, the Chromatica interviews are sometimes a little „guuurl, it’s not that deep“, at least for me. Her over explaining „my biggest enemy is me“ is a little cringy to watch, but oh well, that’s her and I love her for being this kind of passionate. Still hope she gets a little less stressed in the coming eras. :kiss:

Sorcerer

Sorry but if we want to see her touring in Latin America, Africa, and Southeast Asia again, we need the music to be understandable and relatable. There's a perfect mix of experimentation and mainstream and I think it's also what she wants for her music regardless of the genre.

I want her to do whatever she feels like doing and stick by her album for a year at least. I’m not blaming her for the things happened (or cancelled) around Chromatica but it’s so sad that such a GOOD album received so little - although I love all the performances (tour and the VMAs) and the visuals.

I would like to witness a very well executed era that will introduce a reinvented Gaga. She has the team for it, I think she also likes being the biggest pop star in the world so let’s see.

Artistically I don’t think she’ll serve sth lukewarm. She’s MAD talented and there’s this pretentious NY theater kid in her that’ll always go for big concepts so - no worries!

The Child

You guys want the GP to turn their back on her again? :bradley:

‘If religion be the cause of disunity, then irreligion is surely to be preferred.’ ‘Abdu’l-Bahá

Archived