opinion

30 day music challenge

RenegAde

Featured Posts

Day 8

Song about drugs/alcohol 

Snow (Hey Oh) aka Heroin (Yayo)

Yayo is slang word for heroin.

One of the many songs by this band that tells their struggles with drug addiction, esp. mainly from their vocalist  perspective, during their early days. They are all sobered up now. They are always doing this poetically, which is why I enjoyed their songs so much. They are giving awareness how dangerous that is without the feeling that we were patronized at all. It's more like hearing a cautionary tales from someone you know who's older. Combined with the nice music, it's all good!

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chesescake

Day 08: 

Spoiler

In the first one, the singer's mixed race identity uneased his life as he was born and live in Sweden where the general populatoin shares white race. He's bearing not only the pressure of the staring of the public, but also the racist stereotypes. Which lures him into drug addiction. 

The second one is pure music. The addiction theme was connected with the depression caused by the producer's transsexual identity and the pass away of their beloved friend (which later made them decide to give up on their music career). 

I really like this pick because althought these two shares similar theme. The way they dealing the topic through music had caused such a duality. tender to abbrasive, dreamy to nightmarish, sharing same wasted feeling, the multie nterpretation of one theme is really interest me.

Day 8: The theme of song deals with drinking as a way to solve insecurities in relationship and just using addiction as a form of escapism in general. Love the sounding, kinda pop, but a little noisy. The guitar in the bridge is fantastic.

RenegAde

Mother of Puppies

I can't think of any song except maybe ROM since Gaga said it's also about her numbing herself with alcohol

edit: oh and Mary Jane Holland :vegas:

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

KubaM316
3 minutes ago, Mother of Puppies said:

I can't think of any song except maybe ROM since Gaga said it's also about her numbing herself with alcohol

edit: oh and Mary Jane Holland :vegas:

What about So Happy I Could Die?:trollga:

Archived