💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

'LG7' Discussion

FATCAT

Featured Posts

GunninMan

I really hope whenever the next album comes out, it’s much more of an experimental and experiential album. We don’t need more dance pop from her. We know she can do it. I wanna see her truly flex her muscles and create something so out there from the rest of her work. Don’t care if it’s GP friendly or not. She has one of the most complex minds in pop culture and she stifles it for pop music way too much for me. It’s the one thing that’s always irked me about her a little. The visuals are so next level and the music has always been good, but I just really want her to go there. Like bring ppl like Sevdaliza in. Bring Arca in. Bring some obscure ass artists in and create something truly out of this atmosphere. I know she can do it and I hope one day she will.

• Like 9
  • YAAAS 2

Benjamin Rice said in an interview in the spring of 2021 that he was going to start a new project with Gaga. Then the fans thought about remixes and jazz, but he did not work on these albums, and the soundtrack to the joker was not in the plans. Most likely it was about the first stages of recording LG7. I can assume that the new album will be recorded in a home studio without famous producers.

luckyanderson
On 11/26/2022 at 6:31 PM, NATAH said:

i agree she deserves the break but she literally juggles major projects all the time, i think she can handle raising a family and recording an album at the same time. she can afford countless nannies

Who says she wants to put out another record though? Consumerism in pop music is too much.

luckyanderson
On 11/27/2022 at 4:07 PM, President Biden said:

Yall always talk about “settling down and having a baby” like it’s a planned product release. We have no idea where she is in her relationship, if she wants to get married or not, or if she even wants to have kids. 

Considering the number of conditions she could very easily not want to ever be pregnant first of all….not to say she wouldn't maybe adopt?  

But seriously, i stg if i see one more person talk about it as if she’s gonna plan a whole “baby hiatus”…..

Have yall literally been paying attention to Cardi B and Beyonce’s careers? The Kardashians and JLo?? Kelly Clarkson? Etc.. Like people have families and stuff and dont always take a whole pause on their career during it…

Where is Cardi's career at? She's been on pause not due to her children but moreso due to the pressure of following up her first album but if she were to have wanted to take an extended break to spend time with her children who would blame her? Please don't go comparing any and everybody to Beyoncé. Beyoncé's celebrity status alone is an enigma. JLo been fell off...the Kardashians are famous for their lives not their talent so of course they used their pregnancies for their careers in oversharing their entire lives. Kelly Clarkson really hasn't had the same success since pregnancy and childbirth. She and Jennifer Hudson both suffer from being extremely talented and personable but not necessarily the most commercially successful so they have diverted now into talk show hosting which again is not touring and releasing albums which Gaga likes to do together. The same way I think she'd be likely to take a hiatus to focus on being a mother is the same way you deludedly think she wouldn't but ultimately neither of us know. I'm not saying she should, I was stating what I believed based upon what Gaga has said and shown us as a very family-oriented woman who enjoys the privacy of her most intimate relationships. 

LilyLark
On 12/3/2022 at 9:40 PM, GunninMan said:

I really hope whenever the next album comes out, it’s much more of an experimental and experiential album. We don’t need more dance pop from her. We know she can do it. I wanna see her truly flex her muscles and create something so out there from the rest of her work. Don’t care if it’s GP friendly or not. She has one of the most complex minds in pop culture and she stifles it for pop music way too much for me. It’s the one thing that’s always irked me about her a little. The visuals are so next level and the music has always been good, but I just really want her to go there. Like bring ppl like Sevdaliza in. Bring Arca in. Bring some obscure ass artists in and create something truly out of this atmosphere. I know she can do it and I hope one day she will.

One of the reasons I loved 911. Is it that experimental? No, but it's semi experimental and an interesting change up from the rest. I love dance pop, but I also like experimental pop and it 'seems' like Gaga does also as she often cites such artists (and is friends with Hana, etc.).

Also, at the end of the day the music world is very, very ageist (particularly bubblegum pop/dance pop music). There are obvs. exceptions, but I do wonder if the critics will get their claws out if she put out something more standard as she's now in her mid to late 30s. So I do wonder if she'll go for something more experimental and less mainstream, or if she does go for mainstream I wonder if it might be more ballads than dance pop.

4 hours ago, luckyanderson said:

Who says she wants to put out another record though? Consumerism in pop music is too much.

why would she not want to? she loves making music

mother, what must i do?
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 4:28 AM, Maxine Puth said:

Ok, let me see the interviews where she said she was “being forced” into writing a dance album, and how she wanted to create an acoustic album instead. The only thing remotely close to that was when she said she preferred the 1000 Doves piano version, which is not at all the same thing. 

Adding to that, Engima + Stupid Love were both written during JWT and clearly intended to be Dance Songs. Gaga also said that during the creation of Chromatica Blood and her really researched about Dance Music, it‘s roots, transformation, adaptation etc. which is why they brought in so many different people from the Dance world. She‘d hardly do any of that if she wanted an acoustic Album. She literally could‘ve asked Mark to produce that if she wanted to lol :pawsup:

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡

LordByron28
On 12/4/2022 at 12:40 AM, GunninMan said:

I'd like to see Gaga put out something that only she could pull off and distinctive to her. The music industry has shifted significantly since she started out. I think in the streaming era, artists thrive a lot better on releasing interesting distinct conceptual albums. In comparison to the late 2000s-Mid 2010's where things were much more single driven with digital sales, radio push and music videos. It's interesting that the Tik Tok/Spotify/Netflix Gen has latched onto Government Hooker, Bloody Mary, and Judas as some favorites. I wonder if that could inform her of a direction she wants to go in. 

She always surprises me and I'm usually happy with whatever direction she goes in. With that said, I'd really like to see her combine a number of influences and make an album closer in length to Born This Way. Something that is original, darker and mature, rock forward, while still being "Half psychotic, sick, hypnotic. Got my blueprint, it's symphonic, Got my blueprint electronic". Combine influences such as Rock, Psychadelic Rock, Grunge, Metal, experimental EDM, alternative pop, Trance(use variety of different styles such as euro trance, arabic trance, afro trance, etc), 80's synth, Gothic influences, etc.

I'm imagining something like these Gaga songs put on steroids and into a blender: Paparazzi, Bad Romance, Monster, Dance in the Dark, Government Hooker, Speechless, Judas, Bloody Mary, Heavy Metal Lover, Electric Chapel, Mary Jane Holland, Aura, G.U.Y., Venus, ARTPOP, Manicure, Swine, Till it happens to you, Perfect Illusion, Shallow, 911, Replay and Sine From Above. Have the lyrical content be a bit more mature and detailed as well as sprinkle influences such as The Beatles, Stevie Knicks, Electric Space Orchestra, David Bowie, Queen, Kate Bush, Prince, Metallica, Sting, No Doubt, Evanescence, Audioslave, Florence and the Machine, MGMT, Tame Impala, AJR, and Billie Eilish. 

So … do we think Gaga has wrote anything yet for LG7? Or had an idea for a concept ? 

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉

SevenAteNine

As far as I know chromatica wasnt the reason she was depressed, it was the reason she started to find light again or atleast one of the reasons...

I dont think she hated chromatica at all either, she seemed really happy to be performing it on tour! 

I hope her next album comes when shes ready... I just hope shes doesnt wait 5 more years (she prob wont)

Edited by Sir Bride
RIP 9.
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Bowman said:

So … do we think Gaga has wrote anything yet for LG7? Or had an idea for a concept ? 

Absolutely. Chromatica was mostly finished by late 2019. There is no way she‘d go 3 years without recording any new Music. I‘m sure she has something in mind already.

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Noah said:

Absolutely. Chromatica was mostly finished by late 2019. There is no way she‘d go 3 years without recording any new Music. I‘m sure she has something in mind already.

I don’t know why, but I can’t help but think that she is done with releasing music now, I’ve got this like slight vibe that’s she’s not into it but maybe I’m reading into it too much? like I can’t see that passion as much in her eyes, but that’s probably because she’s late 30’s now and she wants to chill a bit more perhaps? Idk I guess she’s already proven so much and accomplished so much already.  Again I’m probably overthinking it all.

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bowman said:

I don’t know why, but I can’t help but think that she is done with releasing music now, I’ve got this like slight vibe that’s she’s not into it but maybe I’m reading into it too much? like I can’t see that passion as much in her eyes, but that’s probably because she’s late 30’s now and she wants to chill a bit more perhaps? Idk I guess she’s already proven so much and accomplished so much already.  Again I’m probably overthinking it all.

Definitely not. If she was, why would her next role be a Musical Movie? She said in an interview once that Music and Acting, even if she focuses on one more at one point, are both a part of her and that she wouldn‘t give either up. Chromatica Ball was the most focused Gaga has ever been, during the making of Chromatica, she was finally realizing that not all her music needs to be written with an intent (BTW -> equality, ARTPOP -> finding beauty in chaos, Joanne -> healing). Instead she realized she can let the intent find her, which is why she referred to that „portal“ lots of time, that gave her inspo. I don‘t think Gaga will ever want to chill. Even during Joanne, she was out to write a Hit Song. 

Music is in Gagas blood, whether its a next Pop Album, a Jazz Album, a Soundtrack Song or a Musical Movie. Don‘t be so pessimistic, she‘ll come back in full force :pawsup:

⟡ ⋆ ˚。⋆🦢⋆ ˚。⋆⟡
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Noah said:

Definitely not. If she was, why would her next role be a Musical Movie? She said in an interview once that Music and Acting, even if she focuses on one more at one point, are both a part of her and that she wouldn‘t give either up. Chromatica Ball was the most focused Gaga has ever been, during the making of Chromatica, she was finally realizing that not all her music needs to be written with an intent (BTW -> equality, ARTPOP -> finding beauty in chaos, Joanne -> healing). Instead she realized she can let the intent find her, which is why she referred to that „portal“ lots of time, that gave her inspo. I don‘t think Gaga will ever want to chill. Even during Joanne, she was out to write a Hit Song. 

Music is in Gagas blood, whether it’s a next Pop Album, a Jazz Album, a Soundtrack Song or a Musical Movie. Don‘t be so pessimistic, she‘ll come back in full force :pawsup:

Yes I agree with you, that’s definitely made me feel more reassured reading this, thanks for the response :pawsup:

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Love 1