Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

'LG7' Discussion

FATCAT

Featured Posts

On 9/19/2022 at 2:42 PM, ImMatt said:

Interested to know people's thoughts on this one, but what about if Max Martin were to take the main producer role on LG7? 

Historically we know Gaga works with several producers on each album but usually there's one main executive producer and often that person has worked with Gaga in a smaller capacity in the previous project. 

It happened to RedOne on TFM (who only did half of The Fame), Fernando Garibay on BTW (he did Dance in the Dark on TFM), DJWS on ARTPOP (shared BTW with Garibay and RedOne) and Bloodpop on Chromatica (who shared Joanne with Mark Ronson). 

Max Martin only did the one song with Gaga on Chromatica and, although we don't know how that partnership worked behind the scenes, Gaga did say she enjoyed working with him publicly...could the pair team up again to lead LG7? 

Personally I think there's only a slim chance but, if the past is anything to go by, there's a bigger chance of Max Martin working on LG7 than anyone so far...

I doubt she'll bring Max Martin in like this, but I think it could be a really smart play for her if she's trying to get back to dominating the charts and pop culture...

I feel like LG7 really needs to remind people that Lady Gaga still has her strange/artsy/ambitious style, while also proving that strange/artsy/epic Gaga isn't stale or overdone and can still make music that surprises/exhilarates us. If she doesn't push the boundaries of pop and re-establish herself as the queen of genre-defying earworms, I worry that she's missing her window to win over younger listeners and ensure her relevance with younger, non-millennial audiences.

So the Max Martin idea appeals to me when I imagine LG7 following the late 90s/early 2000s pop-nostalgia trend. Gaga could bring him in for the glossy, melody-obsessed sound that he perfected in the 90s/00s, but then balance that out with a more contemporary producer with a background in a trendier (but still "emerging") genre... Like, I'm imagining this as "Since U Been Gone" meets AG Cook meets understated, Billie Eilish-esque verses that growl and simmer until breaking out into a chorus where Gaga gets to be Gaga and let her vocals soar operatically. I want a hyperpop vision of Evanescence blended with Jessica Simpson's "I Think That I'm In Love With You" blended with SOPHIE blended with Portishead. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I hope Gaga does something in this style one day, Trip Hop or Electronica with a bit of dub :pray:

Funny enough this album cover of the stag beetle was shot by Nick Knight which I love

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Like 1
  • YAAAS 1
  • Thanks 1

monketsharona
On 9/30/2022 at 7:15 AM, ELECTROHEART said:

^^^

Fall 2023 is for ARTPOP act II :flower:

It won't happen. There's literally zero interest into releasing it. There's no demand, it's still her very least streamed album daily in 2022, the album made Interscope losing money in 2013 and it clearly gives bad memories to Gaga that she didn't even include a song on her tour.

And please don't bring the petition promoted by the ARTPOP producer. It's literally 50k fans signing. That would just mean fine first week numbers and a tank in the second week. No label will invest into something that have zero commercial purpose.

There's a lot more meaning into re-releasing some new material from her first three albums. And still she'll probably won't do this as well. They'll just give their full money into her next new album, even if it's mean we'll have to wait 2024 for this and no new music in 2023. 

Edited by monketsharona
  • Like 3

CAPRISONGS

Id love for gaga to work with Nine Inch Nails on her next record. They produced 'If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power' by Halsey and it was so good! I would love to hear their electric industrial production over gaga's vocals

• YAAAS 4

2 hours ago, Bowman said:

I hope Gaga does something in this style one day, Trip Hop or Electronica with a bit of dub :pray:

Funny enough this album cover of the stag beetle was shot by Nick Knight which I love

Yes, please. I loove this album so much, I had no idea the cover was shot by Nick Knight but it totally makes sense now, turns out I have been drawn to his work way before Gags :legend:

• YAAAS 2

7 minutes ago, snakes said:

Yes, please. I loove this album so much, I had no idea the cover was shot by Nick Knight but it totally makes sense now, turns out I have been drawn to his work way before Gags :legend:

It makes sense that we're into this kind of stuff, I didn't realise it was shot by him either! Such a great album.

I also never realised this as well - https://www.nme.com/news/music/director-of-lady-gagas-911-video-considered-the-concept-for-massive-attack-decades-ago-2759227

𝕯𝕵, 𝖋𝖗𝖊𝖊 𝖒𝖞 𝖒𝖎𝖓𝖉
  • Shook 3

sarcamstic
1 hour ago, CAPRISONGS said:

Id love for gaga to work with Nine Inch Nails on her next record. They produced 'If I Can't Have Love, I Want Power' by Halsey and it was so good! I would love to hear their electric industrial production over gaga's vocals

i’ve been thinking this for ages!! once they collaborated with halsey for IICHLIWP, then i was sold on gaga x NIN :firega: I NEED IT!!!

flying like 1000 birds

Cello

I'm here for whatever style she decides on next, but I'd love either funk or something experimental. 

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

Guillaume Hamon
2 hours ago, Cello said:

I'm here for whatever style she decides on next, but I'd love either funk or something experimental. 

Funk and opera rock?

Do we have a deal? :huntyga:

• YAAAS 1

On 10/22/2022 at 10:26 AM, gagzus said:

I’m happy to wait for the new record , I’m still not over how good TCB was, like honestly seeing her have so much fun, energy and finally figure out her limits is amazing. I suspect it’s gonna be short stadium tours from here on out now or intimate theatre shows for Jazz records.

I think we can safely say her next album would be a dance record again, I think she now knows what her fans and the general public like music wise from her; cleaner production, amazing hooks and deep dark messages and imagery.

I suspect as well she might make a solo jazz record and release it on Tony’s 100th birthday as a tribute to him and cover some of his original songs.

I’m sorry but I cannot read TCB without thinking The Chrame Ball tour  :ladyhaha:

ELECTROHEART

Tbh I think is premature to talk about what styles LG7 is going to be, even is premature to talk about LG7, knowing she will be working on The Joker the rest of the year

Give Gaga a breath :awkney:, she maybe doesn't even know what direction will take for the next music project

I think we won't be receiving some news until mid 2023 :smh: and the release will take place after Joker and award season for sure, late spring-summer 2025 :smh:

(don't quote me to tell me about her going to a record studio, we all know it was for Joker but we love to lie ourselves)

"Every night, a million hearts are breaking, but at least I know tonight I'm not the only one"

monketsharona
49 minutes ago, RaraBitch said:

given her release cycles, we are 3 years away :heart:

There's 4 years between LG5 and LG6. It's been already 3 years since LG6.