Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

DAHMER - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story | Official Trailer 1

Chinosky

Featured Posts

ProfessionalClown
36 minutes ago, Whigney Houstan said:

By casting a handsome, well-liked, actor as the lead

But his looks and how he would lure men is literally a focal point of his story though? Him being a relatively average now/handsome then kinda man is how he got people to go with him.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
badfaith

America keeps making shows out of their criminals and the families affected and people still falling for it :samanthac: 

hardcore1996

I feel as if its no so much glamorizing as it is sensationalizing. Idk it’s a tricky subject. There’s nothing wrong with making docuseries about serial killers, they’re a part of history and usually involve and pay the victim’s families for their interviews, etc. And yes it can be argued there are soo many movies based off far worse people in history (how many movies about WWII are there), but it’s not like they’re painting Hitler or whoever in a sympathetic light, which is what I fear could happen with this but I guess we’ll see.

Idk it feels weird that already rich actors/producers/writers whoever are making bank because a deranged man did…well what we all know Dahmer did idk

ProfessionalClown
5 minutes ago, hardcore1996 said:

I feel as if its no so much glamorizing as it is sensationalizing. Idk it’s a tricky subject. There’s nothing wrong with making docuseries about serial killers, they’re a part of history and usually involve and pay the victim’s families for their interviews, etc. And yes it can be argued there are soo many movies based off far worse people in history (how many movies about WWII are there), but it’s not like they’re painting Hitler or whoever in a sympathetic light, which is what I fear could happen with this but I guess we’ll see.

Idk it feels weird that already rich actors/producers/writers whoever are making bank because a deranged man did…well what we all know Dahmer did idk

Thank you. Glamorizing? No. Sensationalizing? Definitely. I honk people use the words synonymously a lot of the time when they aren’t even close 

ProfessionalClown
5 minutes ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

200.gif

Shads to both mr cannibal and modern beauty standards period :gayhat:

Flippy

I will be watching.

He honestly did such awful things and parts of the trailer made my stomach turn, but I’m ready for it!

Cardi B Popcorn GIF

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

As I get older, I can’t watch things like this. Too real for me. I prefer horror with a dash of fantasy (ghosts, witches, etc.)

Always & Forever, 🧚🏻‍♂️🦉CHARMZ🦉🧚🏻‍♂️

2 hours ago, Whigney Houstan said:

By casting a handsome, well-liked, actor as the lead.  There are already people who are attracted to Dahmer or have some sort of fantasy about him.  This'll just add to that, I fear.  Also, depicting the monstrous things he did is also kind of a problem?  Imagine how triggering that would be to see if that was your son/brother/partner being brutalized. This isn't American Horror Story or w/e.  These were real people with full lives and people who cared about them.

If anything this will make people watch a docu about him and discover the real victims. Also just like the Sharon tate murders, I guess directors, writers, write about cult leaders, dictators, murderers, cannibals that were the most known because these are our people. These are humans somehow and yet it seems impossible or unreal that as humans this is what we are capable of. It just opens a brand new conversation too. Dahmer was a repressed gay man who took out all his anger from years of being bullied, and a broken family into monstruous things and acts. These kind of people are just windows to the darkness of our species tbh

Controversiaga

yo im obsessed w this show. who else is watching 

no spoilers 

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

Flippy

The show is really good!!! I binged it and it was worth it but damn… that was ****ed 

TMBT 3.22.11 // TBTWB 1.17.13 // ArtRAVE 6.3.14 // C2CT 5.28.15 // TJWT 8.13.17 // Chromatica World Tour 9.8.22

Catnikko

it was so good. I never realised before that they completely ignored his neighbour, I'm glad the show makes it clear how badly the police failed everyone 

Archived