Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

DAHMER - Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story | Official Trailer 1

Chinosky

Featured Posts

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS ILOVE YOU RYAN I LOVE YOU EVAN THIS IS WHAT I BEEN WAITING FOR RYAN MURPHY IS BACK

Whigney Houstan

Not really into the glamorization of serial killers these days, tbh.  I live in Milwaukee and have met several family members of his victims, and I can't imagine how they must feel seeing stuff like this. 

4 minutes ago, Whigney Houstan said:

Not really into the glamorization of serial killers these days, tbh.  I live in Milwaukee and have met several family members of his victims, and I can't imagine how they must feel seeing stuff like this. 

I'm sure this will depict how monstruous the things he did was, what do u mean by glamorization

Whigney Houstan
21 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I'm sure this will depict how monstruous the things he did was, what do u mean by glamorization

By casting a handsome, well-liked, actor as the lead.  There are already people who are attracted to Dahmer or have some sort of fantasy about him.  This'll just add to that, I fear.  Also, depicting the monstrous things he did is also kind of a problem?  Imagine how triggering that would be to see if that was your son/brother/partner being brutalized. This isn't American Horror Story or w/e.  These were real people with full lives and people who cared about them.

Ororo Munroe
Just now, Whigney Houstan said:

By casting a handsome, well-liked, actor as the lead.  There are already people who are attracted to Dahmer or have some sort of fantasy about him.  This'll just add to that, I fear.

i don't understand how victim's relatives must feel tbh, i will never understand people's obsession with the real life serial killers and shows/movies about them. 

Mistress of the Elements ⚡️

I don't get this

Like for example I get true crime podcasts

But I don't get that. What he did was horrible. There shouldn't be a TV show about it. Documentary? Sure. A TV show that costs millions to make? Hell no. It's making money on the back of people who were brutally murdered by him.

misham0nster
8 minutes ago, Whigney Houstan said:

By casting a handsome, well-liked, actor as the lead.  There are already people who are attracted to Dahmer or have some sort of fantasy about him.  This'll just add to that, I fear.  Also, depicting the monstrous things he did is also kind of a problem?  Imagine how triggering that would be to see if that was your son/brother/partner being brutalized. This isn't American Horror Story or w/e.  These were real people with full lives and people (many of whom are still very much around) who cared about them.

To piggyback on this–you always end up with some viewers who idolize anti-heroes in shows even when that is pointedly not the intention.

Breaking Bad is a perfect example. Walter is not supposed to be the good guy. And yet, Anna Gun got real-life death threats for playing his "nagging" wife. There are gonna be people who glamorize and identify with a serial killer because of this.

Would you love me if I ruled the world?

Reginald

I will definitely not be watching, this isn't my kind of horror at all BUT :udidnt: shook at Evan Peters' performance. He's really come a long way as an actor 

Moonlight on Water
26 minutes ago, Whigney Houstan said:

By casting a handsome, well-liked, actor as the lead.  There are already people who are attracted to Dahmer or have some sort of fantasy about him.  This'll just add to that, I fear.  Also, depicting the monstrous things he did is also kind of a problem?  Imagine how triggering that would be to see if that was your son/brother/partner being brutalized. This isn't American Horror Story or w/e.  These were real people with full lives and people who cared about them.

I've seen a lot of it with the Tate fans in the AHS fanbase. Like he's literally a rapist and they're are still going at him. :bradley:

she/her

Meredith Grey

Evan Peters is my favorite actor but Niecy Nash really killed it in this trailer, I’m so excited to watch this. Also, we’ll have to see how Ryan executes this. Keep in mind the story is told 100% from the point of view of the victims and NOT from Dahmer.

ProfessionalClown
52 minutes ago, Whigney Houstan said:

I don’t think it’s glamorization it’s more morbid curiosity. No one (unless you’re actually crazy) glamorizes them but is more interested in how these literal monsters thought and were. It’s human nature to wonder about the psyche and what we don’t understand. 

Archived