💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl

Pop Music

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, emili0 said:

I haven’t listened yet, but I am surprised by the amount of people here saying they don’t vibe with the songs!!! Phantom and Catch Me in the Air are some of my favorite songs released this year. Cannot wait to to hear the whole thing in full and spin my record when it arrives.

Not sure if she’s dubbing it a concept-album, but I think knowing the background for it has hyped me up even more-so, since the songs have been consistent in theme, yet vary in style. I’M READY TO HOLD THE ****ING GIRL.

I see so many complaining that it’s too preachy, yet they would say BTW is their fav Gaga album where she was at peak preachy… :triggered:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ve listened to the album and it’s definitely not Sawayama levels of near perfection (nothing ever will be) but it’s still a great follow up album. Honestly this album might be a grower for a lot of listeners. Hold The Girl, Holy (which should have been the lead single) Frankenstein, Imagining, This Hell, and Your Age are my favorites so far. 

i also agree with others on here saying that the album rollout was wayyyy too long. Sadly this isn’t 2011 anymore, nobody has the patience to wait 5 months for an album when there isn’t heavy promotion. 

overall I do enjoy the album! 

thatfoxyfeeling
54 minutes ago, HIM820 said:

I see so many complaining that it’s too preachy, yet they would say BTW is their fav Gaga album where she was at peak preachy… :triggered:

BTW was before it’s time, released over a decade ago and Gaga was in her 20’s. I love Rina and I’m going to see her in January but this album is disappointing to be completely honest. 

11 hours ago, Vincem said:

For real, I don't get the hate on the songs so far. They're all melodically strong they got pretty stucked in my head. Hold the girl is a powerfull gay "church" song (there's like a spirital feels to it) , Catch me in the air is a strong 2000's stadium anthem, Phantom is a wonderfull ballad and Hurricanes is catching that 2006 pop/rock sound Hillary Duff ish vibe. + This Hell that channels pure queer Shania Twain. WHAT ELSE DO YOU NEED?!

Mte.  I love the songs.  All of them.

I live outside the space time continuum.

2 hours ago, thatfoxyfeeling said:

BTW was before it’s time, released over a decade ago and Gaga was in her 20’s. I love Rina and I’m going to see her in January but this album is disappointing to be completely honest. 

I love the album as much as everyone else. It changed my life, worldview and 100% had huge cultural impact. However… from a subject standpoint it was sooo preachy. That was one of the biggest comments from critics and listening to some lyrics today, I kind of agree. It also was not the first album from a pop star to be promoting those same values. You can be disappointed, I just thought the comments of “I don’t like how preachy it is” were particularly hypocritical and funny to me.  

Starmie25
3 hours ago, HIM820 said:

Kinda true, but least Gaga gave it a bit more grit and was a bit more interesting with her storytelling 

phantasmas

She sounds so beautiful throughout the album that it makes me wanna tear up at times :bradley:

I was afraid the album was gonna be straight up country based on the singles but I’m glad the other songs explore a heavier, garage sound 

and I think a lot of these songs could be reworked to sound metal and would sound even greater in an arena 

• Pop Music changed the title to Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl

I was looking forward to this release after This Hell, but I’m not feeling the 2000s vibe on most of the songs. Phantom and Hurricanes are probably the worst songs for me. Holy, Your Age, and This Hell are my favorites. Imagining and Frankenstein might grow on me. Hopefully the album will sound good live, still looking forward to seeing her in November. 

4 minutes ago, Morphine Prince said:

An incredible disappointment. 

I’ll stick to listening to SAWAYAMA. 

So 2 out of 2 underwhelming new releases for you this week? :poot:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

Morphine Prince
2 minutes ago, RAMROD said:

So 2 out of 2 underwhelming new releases for you this week? :poot:

Unfortunately :messga:

Archived