Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new music

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl

Pop Music

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, marrytheminogue said:

A36-A6729-822-B-4-BDE-B06-C-38-A35-ACA0-

now why the hell wasn't this the album cover :air:

lastfm - https://tinyurl.com/4x28kakr⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀steam - https://tinyurl.com/mbyp5as5

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
misham0nster

Just listened to it once through so far, haven't dug deep into any of the tracks yet. But on first listen, I loved it! Love her sound and I think that when she belts or holds long notes, she has a similar quality to her voice as Gaga ;)

Would you love me if I ruled the world?

LadyEnigma

the singles are all WAY better in the album (this might top SAWAYAMA tbh) the whole loving yourself theme and all the dark and light is just so :fatcat:

ok this album is real f*cking good

the first few tracks had me worried that this was some nostalgic 2000s pop album because the label wanted a more accessible album for a hit or two but by the time Holy comes around, the album truly evolves into another side of rina

mother, what must i do?

Alright I’ve listened once - the singles I loved I love even more in the context of the album (Phantom, CMITA, and Hold the Girl have soooo much power in the track list). Favorites from the new ones are Imagining (I couldn’t believe it and could t stop smiling while listening), Forgiveness, and Send My Love to John. 

I like the outro of Frankenstein but the lyrics are kinda meh for me tbh…it does fit with the context of the album, but just seems a little watered down for some reason. 

Solid 8/10 album. Consisten, cohesive, and HER VOCALS ARE ****ING AMAZING ACROSS THE BOARD. So many different styles to showcase that she can fit into any genre her and her producers decide to reference + mix.

1 minute ago, emili0 said:

What the **** kind of backhanded comment is this 💀F5-B4-A617-7-CDB-4000-ADE2-DD0-D6-A1-E52

it's pitchfork, what did u expect? taste? :rip:

mother, what must i do?

Ororo Munroe
5 minutes ago, emili0 said:

What the **** kind of backhanded comment is this 💀F5-B4-A617-7-CDB-4000-ADE2-DD0-D6-A1-E52

i laughed so hard at this when i read their review this morning. :air:

I was thinkin' 'bout making a comeback, back to me

phantasmas
4 hours ago, marrytheminogue said:

A particular shout out for the imagery for this era too - although this should have been the cover imo (with her face being visible):

A36-A6729-822-B-4-BDE-B06-C-38-A35-ACA0-

naw because then it would’ve given CSS Planta vibes 

CSS_-_Planta.png

:billie:

lilboyblue

That Pitchfork blurb is laughable!

Love the album, top to bottom. Girl knows how to see a concept through. She's now my #2 behind Gaga. 🥰

Lona Delery
1 hour ago, emili0 said:

omg i screamed

kinda agree with that statement, but its a 7.5/10 for me, i like the album a lottt

Sometimes it feels like I've got a war in my mind, I wanna get off but I keep riding the ride

ajmsamuel

i liked the album from start to finish. send my love to john made me cry at the gym while i listen the album. the weak one maybe would be imagining. standout holy, your age, hurricanes, the end of frankenstein. trully a good one work of art

kindest regards

Archived