new music

Rina Sawayama - Hold The Girl

Pop Music

Featured Posts

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CautiousLurker

Honestly, I'm not surprised so many people on here hate it - the comments expressing disappointment with this album are one to one the same exact comments that come with every Gaga album :cyanlights:

It's fine if it's not your vibe, but I wish people would just accept that rather than try to pinpoint a 'fault' as some kind of defense - the album is wonderful and masterfully put together - there is a lot of heart in this album which I didn't quite expect tbh... I hope it does really well - Rina delivered and she deserves the success :firega:

Sneaky Oliver

You cannot tell me this album is bad at all. I love it! Love the mix of acoustic vibes and electronic sounds, I’m usually not a fan of this 2000 pop rock sound but I think it fits here! She really went for the country/rock without making a yeehaa album 

I’m on my Legacy Act era

Sneaky Oliver

Minor Feelings as the intro is chefs kiss already from the very beginning 

Imagining, Holy, Your Age might be the trinity of this album 

Frankenstein is amazing as well

When she sang “I’m don’t wanna be a monster anymore” I just could see many Gaga stans during some moments of her career  :billie:

I’m on my Legacy Act era

I love the album so much! I liked the singles a lot already, but I think they sound even better when you hear them with the rest of the album.  It has a magical feeling to it. There's not a single bad song and most of them are just amazing to me! 

As said above, I can understand it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but by no means this album is anything less than great, if not stellar :firega:

We're so lucky that Rina has entered the game and she aint playing around, she's slaying

Now I really wish Gaga released a version of Frankenstein like this with a huge budget music video .. all those monster lyrics ..OT liking the album so far 

marrytheminogue

Really, really enjoying this album. Stand out tracks for me are Holy, Your Age, Catch Me and This Hell. The pre-singles work so much better in the context in the album too - Phantom did nothing for me before but it gave me some feels this morning and been stuck in my head all day.

The first verse of To Be Alive reminds me of I’ll Never Love Again from ASIB too for some reason (without the piano).

A particular shout out for the imagery for this era too - although this should have been the cover imo (with her face being visible):

A36-A6729-822-B-4-BDE-B06-C-38-A35-ACA0-

Archived