💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
new video

The most SICKENING MV this year, VOTY imo

moonsago

Featured Posts

14 minutes ago, moonsago said:

See, I have to disagree, they are not all pop stars doing the same kind of genre to put them together the same way you would with kpop artist to indeed belong to a genre, however, you talked about identity in regards to music videos, in the grand scheme of things, they don’t have a particular identity that sets them apart completely without reference to anybody else.

I would still have to disagree with this, just in the three examples I gave: Björk's visual style is undeniable and she creates (with the help of other artists, of course) a universe for every single record, Rosalia's videos have a distinctive style since she's mainly worked with Canada, Mitch Ryan, Stillz, etc.  and they mix her Spanish/Catalan heritage and symbolism with their style. Coldplay, in this  album, have gone with a visual style were they feature aliens as metaphores. 

Sooooo... yeah, there's a visual identity there.

• moonsago changed the title to The most SICKENING MV this year, VOTY imo
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
moonsago
Just now, Lukas96 said:

I would still have to disagree with this, just in the three examples I gave: Björk's visual style is undeniable and she creates (with the help of other artists, of course) a universe for every single record, Rosalia's videos have a distinctive style since she's mainly worked with Canada, Mitch Ryan, Stillz, etc.  and they mix her Spanish/Catalan heritage and symbolism with their style. Coldplay, in this  album, have gone with a visual style were they feature aliens as metaphores. 

Sooooo... yeah, there's a visual identity there.

Again, you gave 3 examples. I gave you 3 examples, we are going off of those not their entire videography. I was telling you how there’s nothing to call visual identity in the videos you showed me of Rosalia and Coldplay. Other people have done that before, you can’t claim that they are reicognoscible as artists off of those videos ( like you did to prove them as being somehow different from my picks ). I already said Bjork had an identity, just that she’s not the only one doing those kind of imageries. Having a certain style doesn’t mean she has a visual identity known just to her ( Rosalia ). Aliens in music videos are not something we have never seen before to say ‘yeah, that’s so coldplay’. I know you want to still push the idea that the artists you chose have this crazy specific identity with their music videos, but they don’t. Their music videos are not better than kpop music videos in that regard. And that’s OKAY, you just like them more, and that’s also okay. So let’s leave it at that. :)

13 minutes ago, moonsago said:

Again, you gave 3 examples. I gave you 3 examples, we are going off of those not their entire videography. I was telling you how there’s nothing to call visual identity in the videos you showed me of Rosalia and Coldplay. Other people have done that before, you can’t claim that they are reicognoscible as artists off of those videos ( like you did to prove them as being somehow different from my picks ). I already said Bjork had an identity, just that she’s not the only one doing those kind of imageries. Having a certain style doesn’t mean she has a visual identity known just to her ( Rosalia ). Aliens in music videos are not something we have never seen before to say ‘yeah, that’s so coldplay’. I know you want to still push the idea that the artists you chose have this crazy specific identity with their music videos, but they don’t. Their music videos are not better than kpop music videos in that regard. And that’s OKAY, you just like them more, and that’s also okay. So let’s leave it at that. :)

Nah, I was going to until you implied that somehow I "couldn't get" k-pop a few posts back, implying it's so incredibly deep, which is quite hypocritical with the critiques you give to the examples I gave.

Again, you confuse visual identity with uniqueness or originality, which is concerning, they're three very different concepts. 

"Their music videos are not better than kpop music videos in that regard" which is not something I ever said nor implied... stop trying to put words I didn't say in my mouth.

once again, you're completely missing the point.

to put it straight, a basic boy band video (and this applies to western boy bands too, since you seem to think I have a problem with K-pop) rehashing Speed Racer 2008 for visuals is HARDLY voty material.

And before you bring up my examples back, I don't think they're voty material either (except for Björk's maybe), I'm not delusional 

moonsago
27 minutes ago, Lukas96 said:

Nah, I was going to until you implied that somehow I "couldn't get" k-pop a few posts back, implying it's so incredibly deep, which is quite hypocritical with the critiques you give to the examples I gave.

Again, you confuse visual identity with uniqueness or originality, which is concerning, they're three very different concepts. 

"Their music videos are not better than kpop music videos in that regard" which is not something I ever said nor implied... stop trying to put words I didn't say in my mouth.

once again, you're completely missing the point.

to put it straight, a basic boy band video (and this applies to western boy bands too, since you seem to think I have a problem with K-pop) rehashing Speed Racer 2008 for visuals is HARDLY voty material.

And before you bring up my examples back, I don't think they're voty material either (except for Björk's maybe), I'm not delusional 

I didn’t say kpop was something overly deep that you couldn’t understand as a way to insult your comprehension skills. You need to go back and reread those replies. I said it’s okay if you don’t get the different between the format of kpop and the artistry. You constantly picked on the format to prove your point and didn’t focus on the artistry. That’s what I was talking about in regards to you ‘not getting it’. Also, where did I mention originality and uniqueness in my last comment? I got your imput the last time so I restricted myself to use just identity. But the way you try to push identity is by indirectly telling me that somehow aliens in a music video is ORIGINAL. Do you get it? YOU are the one mashing identity with originality. You are trying to convince us that coldplay using aliens in a music video is something that offers them visual identity. How exactly? If it’s been done before, how is that THEIR IDENTITY? You pick on the similarities in kpop to say kpop acts have no identity with their music videos yet the similarities in western music videos don’t seem to bother you anymore, here they can still be considered identity. You talk about concepts in western music videos but in kpop you couldn’t get passed the idea of dance scenes to also see the concept and storyline, like for example with IVE and their cupid concept and the school for cupids in the clouds and the correlation with the lyrics and the story told with the choreo. YOU got stuck on the format of girl groups doing choreo something that happens in every kpop music video and disregarded the rest and then claimed that there’s no identity or major differences between the music videos. How are they the same just because choreo happens in pretty sets and it’s a group in all of them? Do you hear yourself? That is called discrediting wether you call it by name or not. And when I said ‘better in that regard’ I was talking about identity which you did claim, that’s the whole point of this conversation. So reread my comments. 
Also, you tell me they are all ‘pop stars’ and that the can be put together yet in the next sentence you tell me how nobody does Rosalia’s sound. Okay so what is the truth? You switch between putting them all together to them telling me how different and unlike anybody else they are. Does Rosalia and Bjork and Coldplay have anything in common then? No, because they are different artists doing different sounds/genres. Of course you will have different visual treatments for their stuff. So from the start you ‘cheated’ your way with the 3 picks you chose. I gave you 3 picks within a genre to prove my point. You switch between putting them all together to then telling me how different and unlike anybody else they are. So that’s the first problem. Second, you keep trying to make a point that simply doesn’t exist. Point blank period. Your artists, besides Bjork, are not distinct to everybody else in the music industry with their visuals. Everything that they do, has been done before therefore you can’t claim visual identity the way you indirectly try to. What I have been trying for the past 3 hours is try to explain to you how you have a double standard and how the way you judge your western artists is not the same way you judge kpop artists and that the different you claim don’t actually exist. It’s just the kpop has a format that abids to and on top of that the concepts and imagery and stories and themes and whatnot to create a personality or ‘identity’ as you say for the group, is added. YOU got stuck on the first part and then claimed the rest didn’t exist just because YOU didn’t see it. So with all due respect to you as a person, this conversation is going nowhere if you can’t understand that much. There’s no point in keep going, I wish you a lovely day/evening and I thank you for the conversation. 

38 minutes ago, moonsago said:

I didn’t say kpop was something overly deep that you couldn’t understand as a way to insult your comprehension skills. You need to go back and reread those replies. I said it’s okay if you don’t get the different between the format of kpop and the artistry. You constantly picked on the format to prove your point and didn’t focus on the artistry. That’s what I was talking about in regards to you ‘not getting it’. Also, where did I mention originality and uniqueness in my last comment? I got your imput the last time so I restricted myself to use just identity. But the way you try to push identity is by indirectly telling me that somehow aliens in a music video is ORIGINAL. Do you get it? YOU are the one mashing identity with originality. You are trying to convince us that coldplay using aliens in a music video is something that offers them visual identity. How exactly? If it’s been done before, how is that THEIR IDENTITY? You pick on the similarities in kpop to say kpop acts have no identity with their music videos yet the similarities in western music videos don’t seem to bother you anymore, here they can still be considered identity. You talk about concepts in western music videos but in kpop you couldn’t get passed the idea of dance scenes to also see the concept and storyline, like for example with IVE and their cupid concept and the school for cupids in the clouds and the correlation with the lyrics and the story told with the choreo. YOU got stuck on the format of girl groups doing choreo something that happens in every kpop music video and disregarded the rest and then claimed that there’s no identity or major differences between the music videos. How are they the same just because choreo happens in pretty sets and it’s a group in all of them? Do you hear yourself? That is called discrediting wether you call it by name or not. And when I said ‘better in that regard’ I was talking about identity which you did claim, that’s the whole point of this conversation. So reread my comments. 
Also, you tell me they are all ‘pop stars’ and that the can be put together yet in the next sentence you tell me how nobody does Rosalia’s sound. Okay so what is the truth? You switch between putting them all together to them telling me how different and unlike anybody else they are. Does Rosalia and Bjork and Coldplay have anything in common then? No, because they are different artists doing different sounds/genres. Of course you will have different visual treatments for their stuff. So from the start you ‘cheated’ your way with the 3 picks you chose. I gave you 3 picks within a genre to prove my point. You switch between putting them all together to then telling me how different and unlike anybody else they are. So that’s the first problem. Second, you keep trying to make a point that simply doesn’t exist. Point blank period. Your artists, besides Bjork, are not distinct to everybody else in the music industry with their visuals. Everything that they do, has been done before therefore you can’t claim visual identity the way you indirectly try to. What I have been trying for the past 3 hours is try to explain to you how you have a double standard and how the way you judge your western artists is not the same way you judge kpop artists and that the different you claim don’t actually exist. It’s just the kpop has a format that abids to and on top of that the concepts and imagery and stories and themes and whatnot to create a personality or ‘identity’ as you say for the group, is added. YOU got stuck on the first part and then claimed the rest didn’t exist just because YOU didn’t see it. So with all due respect to you as a person, this conversation is going nowhere if you can’t understand that much. There’s no point in keep going, I wish you a lovely day/evening and I thank you for the conversation. 

except the format that you claim k-pop has/abides to is the format of every single girl group or boy band in the world, which invalidates your argument.

"Also, you tell me they are all ‘pop stars’ and that the can be put together yet in the next sentence you tell me how nobody does Rosalia’s sound" how are those mutually exclusive ?

"gave you 3 picks within a genre to prove my point. You switch between putting them all together to then telling me how different and unlike anybody else they are. " I gave you three people within the pop genre, the fact that you think they're not in the same genre proves my point, there's room for variance in sound and form within the same genre.

"What I have been trying for the past 3 hours is try to explain to you how you have a double standard and how the way you judge your western artists is not the same way you judge kpop artists and that the different you claim don’t actually exist" I just said otherwise in my last post, and this one... read

"YOU got stuck on the first part and then claimed the rest didn’t exist just because YOU didn’t see it" and I always said that it was my opinion and my perception, never claimed it was objective truth.

ALGAYDO

The visuals weee cute and all, but there was no substance in that video whatsoever. Like, completely shallow and devoid of anything meaningful lol 

17 hours ago, moonsago said:

I am shook beyond words. The level of artistry, the level of care, the level of quality... insane. The sets, the EDITING, the fashion, the choreo, EVERYTHING... this is freaking art, this is how you create a moment. The song is a cute bop as well, not my favorite from them but it’s good. This just reminded me how big of a flex SM Entertainment is in general and how they have the best videos out there. 

Another incredible music video from this company this year is: 

I really like the 2nd video ... the "Girls" MV.

I live outside the space time continuum.

That mv imo is not that great tbh. Too much going on. Sometimes a little less is more. That said, K-pop mv are absolutely visual pleasures and feasts for the most part and they do in fact require a lot of artistic vision and skill to execute. Even if a kpop song may not be good the mv usually elevates it insanely and that really takes excellent talent and a fantastic director. I feel like ppl like to underplay the effort and talent in these videos because it is for foreign artists and because kpop music is usually "manufactured" and can sound generic sounding BUT the visuals are truly works of art and I think Western markets can learn a lot from them.

Its like a music video set in Rocket League, ok werk!! :gaycat::pole::music: :bradley:

God created Adam and Eve, but Gọdga collabed with Brian🎺 and Steve🎷

moonsago
7 hours ago, ALGAYDO said:

The visuals weee cute and all, but there was no substance in that video whatsoever. Like, completely shallow and devoid of anything meaningful lol 

And does every music video have to be meaningful? I am sure we all like music videos from western artists that mean nothing but are very beautiful. I think some of you are looking too much into it. 

I love love love KPOP music videos and performances. They don’t play!!! The only problems are the songs and basic singing capibility but they all dance well 

The Fame Monster
16 hours ago, tmo13 said:

nah sorry, this is the best music video of the year.

the storytelling. the aesthetic. the cinematography. the bridge.

it's perfect. you can't tell me otherwise!

I want my own C-3PO too! :enigma:

Find your freedom in the music

The Fame Monster
55 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

I love love love KPOP music videos and performances. They don’t play!!! The only problems are the songs and basic singing capibility but they all dance well 

I agree. For me, K-POP is more about the aesthetics and performance art, and less about musical excellence and artistry.

With that said, I agree that the music video is very cool. But the song is not doing anything for me, so it's a big flaw. The problem with K-POP for me is also that I find it hard to find the differences between these boy and girl groups because they serve such a same vibe and aesthetics. 

Find your freedom in the music

moonsago
54 minutes ago, AnnaNicoleSmith said:

Well, I am not sure what kpop acts you’ve seen but there are some incredible vocalists in kpop. Especially in this group and from this company. However yeah, sometimes the songs are a miss just like anywhere else. 

moonsago
2 minutes ago, The Fame Monster said:

I agree. For me, K-POP is more about the aesthetics and performance art, and less about musical excellence and artistry.

Well that is not exactly true, there are a lot of incredible vocalists in kpop and there are a lot of average singers as well. As for artistry... everybody defines that however they believe, but to imply that the people working on these products, songwriters, music video directors, etc are not artists is kinda ignorant and insulting. I think you are too stuck on the singer-songwriter mentality that we have here in the west. Which is a very narrow minded way to describe an artist. 

Archived