Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

Rock In Rio is still trying to book Lady Gaga

monketsharona

Featured Posts

Her show in Santiago she liked she mentioned the smell of chilean grass . Indeed it’s unique here. It doesn’t grow in greenhouses and UV lamps. But in the valley and hills where vineyards, tomatoes and strawberries grow. I say this cuz she really likes 🍃

Ok IGNORE THAT^^

Why do musicians typically do as if Latin America isn’t worth it ??!!? Fan bases here are dedicated. My sister just says that they must be casually racist :lolga:.  shows in Brazil, Argentina and Chile ALWAYS SELL OUT if they don’t it’s because the venues are ginormous

gaga even sold out her Paraguay show in 2012. Paraguay!!!

i like to imagine that the corporate organisers/producers of TCB have been conservative. I hope seeing the success of this tour they’ll make her next tour visit more places again as it would have a better forecast to play like in South Africa (where she sold ou 56k in Jburg) instead of thinking it’s a risk

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
monketsharona

Her team booking a show in Houston and not having a date in Brazil is still the biggest **** they've done on this tour.

Her brasilian fanbase is her strongest and they had a JWT cancellation few years ago. The fact she and her manager are regularly liking posts asking them to return there makes it even more... provocative, imo. 

Just give them a show.

HausOfAntonio
36 minutes ago, snakes said:

I know there will be future editions, I just thought they want to have her during this run of her tour.

I wish :bradley:

pop a 911
34 minutes ago, Snejana said:

bc she literally has zero intentions of coming back to SA lol if she wanted to make it up for the cancelled show she would've already done it by now, she just doesn't want to visit LATAM again for whatever reason

She has a reason now..:triggered:

dr-simi-lady-gaga.jpg

i’m not real, i’m theatre

42 minutes ago, NATAH said:

we don't know what's happening with richy yet, lets calm down a little

Thanks for the translation 

Night Vision
1 hour ago, Edonis said:

I’m still curious why they won’t schedule a show in Brazil. It’s a large music market, is it the money? Is the Brazilian currency not strong enough to warrant the cost of bringing the tour there or is it about Gaga’s salary or what? 

She probably would be visiting Brazil if this tour was planned to go longer, but it was specifically only planned for this summer as her schedule is full at the end of the year. I'm sure her next tour in a few years will definitely visit South America.

1 hour ago, Delulu Rogers said:

I still doesn’t understand why she keeps turning it down when she knows there is a huge demand and she promised to make it up to them 

Maybe she won't go there while Bolsonaro is President.

MessyTop

Pretty sure it has to do with scheduling and money. USA has the high tickets prices in the world, meaning less shows make MORE money. Also we have to take into account the insurance for the shows in Latin America, with the history of cancelations with Gaga that’s always another variable. 
so yeah, I think is a combination of: profit, scheduling, insurance and cost of the tour. 

Artists tours are to make money and in some of those countries that’s not a garantee for most artsits. Also there are some main issues as most of those countries have:

Security issues - security is much more expensive on those countries making the tour on that country more expensive

Corruption issues - in most of those countries you have to pay extra money for so called “gloves” either to get the permits to do the shows on time or to get the extra security to work or to get your stage and things inside the country on time for the show (among other things too).

Low spending money (People are poor) - Most people on those countries don’t have money to go to many expensive concert shows (if any at all). That makes concert promoters not take so many risks on promoting expensive artist that they have to pay millions upfront. Of course there are people with money too and really big artists (like Madonna) did multiple stadium concerts in Mexico, Argentina or Brazil (despite very expensive concert tickets that in some of those countries were even higher than average monthly salary).

Not enough Records are sold on those countries to give concert promoters and artists managers the security to make a bet on doing a tour there. Especially if they have to move everything to go just there and not to other near countries as well.

Prices of Records and concerts are lower on average - a full digital album is sold for as low as $0.99 in China (that’s the price of 1 track in US). Prices differ from country to country but in many ot hose countries sales aren’t high enough despite lower prices. On Japan one album is sold for $30 on average (so 30 times more expensive than in China and 2 or 3 times more expensive than in US).

Big territories with low concentration of sales - Some of those countries have many people and low concentration of sales in one spot making it harder to choose a place to do a concert with the security to sell out the venue.

Logistic Costs - Transporting a tour around the world have huge logistic costs so they try to keep them down doing multiple concerts in territories that are closer to each other. South Africa is farm from every other potential market big enoug to have many concerts and so are other territories. Logistic costs for the tour would increase big time.

Easy to get Permits - For US, European Union countries, Australia and Japan concert permit are easy to get for most international music artists. This do not apply to most worldwide countries. That said UK artist will have an hard time 2021 ongoing as after UK leaving EU and not getting to an agreement with Brexit they will have a permits and taxes nightmare to tour European countries and Japan (they have agreements with most english speaking countries and they will probably go more to South Africa now as well).

2 hours ago, RihBeyGa said:

Add it to the list of broken promises

ARTPOP act 2

btwb documentary

americano mariachi version 

bad kids extended version 

Venus music video

telephone part two

I'm Gaga and I want you to add Sour Candy to the list. Love my little monsters. #kindnesspunks. 

Love it when you call me legs, in the morning buy me eggs 🥚

The way the "Come to Brazil" meme has become real life.  That said it would be great for Gaga to tour Latin America, the fans are turnt and wild.

When that day finally comes.. Brazil will celebrate like it's the end of the world I feel :bradley: Gaga knows obviously and cant wait to announce it soon when all things are in place simply saying.

Maxine Puth
20 hours ago, Neroneau said:

Why do musicians typically do as if Latin America isn’t worth it ??!!? Fan bases here are dedicated. My sister just says that they must be casually racist 

“Racist” as if Latinos of many different races don’t exist in the US :mark:

Archived