đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Little Mermaid is coming to theaters May 26, 2023

Teletubby

Featured Posts

people is still discussing the race thing :coffee:

enjoy the fcking movie if you are so against a black girl playing Ariel go and watch the animated version

either way the live action premise is getting old and eventually these versions will be forgotten :green:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, En_Sabah_Nur said:

Twitter is TRULY the Pits!  Never go on there sis. :madge: 

As gaga said social media is the toilet of the internet 

Borislshere

I have been obsessed and in love with this movie the moment the cast was announced. I had a feeling this would be the best Disney live action film and after this trailer, that feeling has increased. 

the little mermaid has always been my favorite Disney movie. The only cartoon to ever have an influence on me as a kid was Ariel. Her passion and perseverance definitely helped shape me into the person I am today. 

f*ck the fake “she’s not a natural redhead” outrage. This movie could have nothing but empty theaters, I’d still be sat right there making sure they earned their money back 

1-B58-BD4-B-BB8-C-4-E15-B175-642-E21221-

And can we talk about how beautiful that tail is?!? The way it shimmers and flows. I couldn’t have asked for anything better. 

Lady Palutena
On 9/10/2022 at 10:43 AM, Ivannn said:

Not everyone who speak against someting is racist . People are allowed to have an opinion.

Is this satire?

CouyILq.png

Adoremus in caelum, Palutena. Dea luminis.

On 9/10/2022 at 10:10 AM, Ivannn said:

It is not about her race but the fact that in order to appeal to woke critics they make alterations that destroy the complete story.

Exactly what alterations have destroyed the plot in order to appeal to the "woke"? How would you even know? The movie isn't out yet. All you know is that Ariel is black now, but apparently your comment is "not about her race," so then what is it about? Plus the Disney's animated original is already very different from the "classic danish story from centuries ago" that you've probably never read and only mention because you've seen it regurgitated on the internet.

HotLikeMexico
On 9/10/2022 at 7:10 AM, Ivannn said:

You can’t compare a DC comic character with one from classic danish story from centuries ago. It is not about her race but the fact that in order to appeal to woke critics they make alterations that destroy the complete story.

Guess what... Jesus wasn't white either.

Do you have a problem with how he deviates from his source material in film and what not?

2 hours ago, HotLikeMexico said:

Guess what... Jesus wasn't white either.

Do you have a problem with how he deviates from his source material in film and what not?

Yes, I do in fact

On 9/10/2022 at 8:30 PM, Ivannn said:

If skin color is irrelevant to the story than why we constantly have debates and attaks of certain groups If casting somewhere is not diverse enough?

Remember “ Oscars so white “ from few Years ago? Fact that certain groups would rather have diverse nominees despite of quality of the work in last Year is wrong If you ask me….

I agree it is not relevant but why forcing it everywhere and even there where it makes no sense?

Maybe she was just the most talented of the ones who auditioned, and they dared to cast her instead of casting a girl who was less talented but white. You don't know.

Lots of book adaptions have characters being played by actors who don't exactly fit the discribtion.

It's not a based on a historical event, it's a fairytale. A Danish fairytale, yes, but it could take place in lots of different countries, and the osean is very big.

On 9/10/2022 at 10:43 AM, Ivannn said:

Not everyone who speak against someting is racist . People are allowed to have an opinion. Fact is that this is an Old danish story. Fact is that Disney changed the race of main character. 
 Fact is that they do it to Appeal to certain groups. 
you not knowing the original story or never reading it your problem. Let us call that what it is.

How about she got the role because she WAS the best possible choice? how about we stop invalidating talented people getting jobs just because of the color of their skin?

10 minutes ago, Amiley810 said:

How about she got the role because she WAS the best possible choice? how about we stop invalidating talented people getting jobs just because of the color of their skin?

No wonder that an American will have no respect or understanding for culture and the fact that this isn’t some Disney story but an Old danish one. 
Things Like this Are disrespectful ….

Ariel is a freakin trout wearing a bra. I could not care less about weather she's black or white. Is she half-fish, half-woman? She is? THEN EVERYTHING IS FINE! Black people exists. Black people are human. We're all living together. White people are EVERYWHERE ALL. THE. TIME. Go get some emotional maturity for f*ck's sake!

It's a new artistic vision of the story. She might not look like Ariel for YOU, cause you're stucked with the vision you grew up with, but this vision will belong to the genarations that grow up watching it. And it's OKAY!

Rahrahbitchson

I found all this discussion about this character since the announcement of this actress portraying it, one of the most disgusthing and annoying things in recent years. 

If you cant tolerate or doesnt like the skin colour of the damn fish then go and watch the version with the white one, is as easy as that, these live actions are for the new kids that doesnt know the story and for people who hasnt watched the animated ones to rediscover the stories , like me who couldnt care less about her skin because i have never watched the little mermaid but im curious to see it on a live action and i found it very cute that they do this twist with a FICTIONAL character, is not a big deal but yall are so basic that cant see something beautiful or good beyond a white skin, white people are everywhere in everyting all the time, y'all basic eyes doesnt feel tired sometimes? Like bring me something new, something fresh. Is getting annoying with yall racist people treating black people as if there were any different from other human being just because they have more melanocytes on their body, so kuddos to disney for getting yall racist ass MAD as hell. Another example is that i found very funny how history has portrayed Jesus as a white men when nobody knows the damn truth about his appearance and some people even said he was dark skinned and i would love that to be truth just to see the face of all this ignorants 

Quizás bastaba respirar, sólo respirar, muy lento...💙

Archived