Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

The Little Mermaid is coming to theaters May 26, 2023

Teletubby

Featured Posts

32 minutes ago, Regina George said:

They only adapt live action characters for movie promo and after that they usually go back to the OG animated character so I guess that’ll be the case here 

Correct me if im wrong but i think they are still using the angelina joly version of maleficent

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, Suuus said:

Correct me if im wrong but i think they are still using the angelina joly version of maleficent

Where?

12 hours ago, sarahb said:

I scrolled a bit and it seems like the comments got deleted? 

Anyway I wonder if these people are still mad when they made Aquaman a dark haired tattooed Hawaiian man :billie:

You can’t compare a DC comic character with one from classic danish story from centuries ago. It is not about her race but the fact that in order to appeal to woke critics they make alterations that destroy the complete story.

24 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

You can’t compare a DC comic character with one from classic danish story from centuries ago. It is not about her race but the fact that in order to appeal to woke critics they make alterations that destroy the complete story.

The dramatics ariel being played by a black actress doesnt destroy the complete story 

33 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

I think you make a mountain out of a molehill. Just because Hans Christian Anderson was Danish, doesn't mean all his stories have to take place in Denmark. He also wrote a story named The Nightingale, which takes place in China. And I'm not saying the little mermaid doesn't take place in Denmark, it could be, but I don't think he ever confirmed it.

Regina George
1 hour ago, Suuus said:

Hmmm idk I think last halloween they used the animated maleficent version but maybe they usually go with Angelina’s version? 

53 minutes ago, Ivannn said:

doesn't ariel kill herself in the original story? :poot:

mother, what must i do?

1 hour ago, Ivannn said:

I mean Disney already made alterations by removing the murder and suicide parts from the original...

Also does Ariel herself have to be Danish? She's not even a human :sweat:

1 hour ago, Ivannn said:

Disney’s adaption is in the Caribbean sea lol

How tf the color of her skin destroys the story completely? It’s not even the “theme” of the story or even mentioned, she could have been Japanese or Lebanese and the story would still stay the same.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

PartySick
1 hour ago, Ivannn said:

She's literally a half fish woman from a make believe underwater city. Just say the real reason you don't like it tbh

🖤

Franch Toast

Those of y'all who don't like how the live-action adaptation seems to deviate from the animation do realize that Disney bastardized the Hans Christian Andersen original story, especially the ending, right? 

http://hca.gilead.org.il/li_merma.html

Also, the live-action versions rarely seem to supersede the animated films as canon. The original animation is still there. 

She/Her/Hers

1 hour ago, Suuus said:

At the disney parks

I only ever see video's of the animated maleficent, but since the Jolie movie her costume is more elegant and her face isn't as green as it use to be.

1 hour ago, Regina George said:

Hmmm idk I think last halloween they used the animated maleficent version but maybe they usually go with Angelina’s version? 

Maybe they use them interchangeably?

Cody James
4 hours ago, Galvon said:

In those behind the scene photo's her hair looks more orange

But WHY do yall want everything exactly the same as the original? These remakes are already pointless, so can the creators at least have a bit of creative freedom with them and make it feel fresh

If only our/US government could hold such care to honoring history with race and LGBTQ+ history :saladga:

Archived