💙 HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT 💚

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
movie

WALL•E is getting a Criterion edition on 4K

Magic Mike

Featured Posts

Magic Mike

mje5UAVt8hzxxB3sY11YZ53LfXNcxo_large.jpg

The prestigious curation company Criterion (that preserves, restores and releases movies of particular cultural impact, and also has the amazing streaming service The Criterion Channel) collaborates with Pixar for the first time and is releasing the historic WALL•E, directed by Andrew Stanton, in a director-approved 4K UHD edition with lots of extras, Nov. 22. It'll be the only CG animated film currently in the company’s library.

Film page @ The Criterion Collection

--  A high-water mark of digital animation, this prescient vision of a dystopian future is packaged within a dazzling pop-science-fiction love story, making for an urgent fable for our troubled millennium. It’s the twenty-ninth century, and humans have long since fled Earth for outer space, leaving WALL•E, the last functioning trash-compacting robot, to go about the work of cleaning up a pollution-choked planet, one piece of garbage at a time. When he meets EVE, a fellow automaton sent to detect plant life, the pair are launched on an intergalactic quest to return humanity to Earth. Transporting us simultaneously back to cinema’s silent origins and forward light-years into the future, WALL•E is a soaring ode to the power of love and art to heal a dying world.

TortureMeOnReplay

I was wondering if it was re-releasing into theaters but it looks like it'll go straight to 4k. I think theaters and studios would do really well screening some cinematic masterpieces from the past again. Imagine if a slate of movies went back for a limited run during a certain time of year in a special event. Quite surprised AMC hasn't made such a push yet.

Omg this is exciting?? Never even heard of that before but the fact that they picked WALL-E for it is great. Probably my number 1 Pixar film.

Also why is Eve a trash can.

50 minutes ago, Vengaboy said:

Also why is Eve a trash can.

the whole cover is garbage organized to look like the characters, it's beautiful :giveup:

took a closer look, wall-e is a cardboard box

mother, what must i do?

Anderson123

Oh this might be the first criterion collection movie I buy, love Wall E so much. I hope they do Toy Story too. 

Archived