Chromatica: Japan’s highest selling western female album this decade

Meat

Featured Posts

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Monstermilo
1 hour ago, numb the flame said:

I wish her team saw it this way, America always seems to get a greater deal of all the promo whether it's interviews, tours, even down to the merch selection on her online stores. TCB proved how much Europe and Japan love her even after the JWT EU cancellations and Gaga not visiting Japan since Joanne's asian press tour. 

her following in europe, latin america and asia is insane 

her in the US most of the ppl at her concerts are just casual fans who dont even know half the songs she peforms lol

JustTea
2 hours ago, Meat said:

Best-selling western female albums in Japan this decade.

1. Chromatica: 105K

2. Positions: 40.5k

3. Folklore: 35.9k

4. 30: 30.2k

5. Future Nostalgia: 30.1k

6. Evermore: 20.4k

7. SOUR: 20.1k

8. Happier Than Ever: 20k

9. Renaissance: 5k

10. Rare: 3k

Stay Home GIF by Orlando Korzo

:giggle:

Anderson123

Japan stanning for the actual better album. :vegas: Jk no shade to the others but it's quite pleasing to see Chromatica up there above 30, Sour, Folklore, Positions, etc. It's a great Gaga album that did well given the circumstances but we hoped it'd do even better.

Ladle Ghoulash
6 minutes ago, ALGAYDO said:

Does anyone know if Japan has taste? 

You know, I have a feeling they just might.

ChicaSkas
4 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Taste has japan :enigma:

Taste IS Japan!!

Do YOU own the 4' by 6' Perfect Illusion promo Poster? Will pay you for it. Pic: http://i.imgur.com/UWuzumk

Gaga loves Japan. If she can...i think she will go to interviews, tv shows and walk around more. 

Curious about the album figures from Brazil 

StrawberryBlond

For the second largest music market, I expected all of that top ten to be higher. But I guess in the streaming world, sales won't be as high. Of course I wish she sold like she did back in the day but this is probably as well as to be expected in the current climate, especially as Gaga hasn't even been promoting out there. Considering how much ahead she is of everyone else, it's still an achievement. When Japanese charts favour Japanese language releases, any English album that sells tens of thousands is doing well.

Archived