Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

LG3

Maxine Puth

Featured Posts

Maxine Puth

Hello! I have a question and hopefully some veteran fans know the answer. Back in 2010, was there a sort of different direction for LG3 that wasn’t Born This Way? Or were songs at the time like Changing Skies and Living on the Radio just demos for BTW? I always imagined like an album before BTW that would’ve been less dark and rock and more pop.

RainingOnMe

Changing Skies and Nothing On But The Radio are from January 2010. Before the bulk of The Monster Ball, before she had any direction and before she conceptualized Born This Way. She confirmed the title track was the first song she made for the album in London while on tour in February 2010, so there wasn't "another" album. In various interviews, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow both talked about how there are different "genre" demos of most songs on the album. That's probably what you've seen, rather than there being a different album.

Maxine Puth
13 minutes ago, RainingOnMe said:

Changing Skies and Nothing On But The Radio are from January 2010. Before the bulk of The Monster Ball, before she had any direction and before she conceptualized Born This Way. She confirmed the title track was the first song she made for the album in London while on tour in February 2010, so there wasn't "another" album. In various interviews, Fernando Garibay and DJ White Shadow both talked about how there are different "genre" demos of most songs on the album. That's probably what you've seen, rather than there being a different album.

Ah ok, that makes sense! I feel like my knowledge of her career before 2012 is pretty low so this helped me

TEANUS

You can’t believe how glad I am that this wasn’t a thread questioning whether “LG3” was Born This Way or ARTPOP :vegas:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

i think every era of hers has a few songs from the conception stage where she experiments and decides what direction to take the album in

mother, what must i do?

Helxig

She started writing BTW immediately after TFM, while she was on the TMB tour, and even recorded most of it on the road in a makeshift studio inside her tour bus. And I'm pretty sure she released it as soon as it was done, so I really doubt there was ever another direction considering it happened so fast. Maybe some unused tracks :shrug:  

I'll be myself until they fūcking close the coffin.

ChrissyBot
4 hours ago, RainingOnMe said:

I was under the impression that Changing Skies and NOBTR were from 2007/2008?

Maxine Puth
34 minutes ago, chromaticpop said:

I was under the impression that Changing Skies and NOBTR were from 2007/2008?

I just noticed they said NOBTR while I said Living on the Radio. I know LOTR was definitely a newer song made after TF and was meant for BTW / LG3. 

ChrissyBot
6 minutes ago, JustDance1122 said:

I just noticed they said NOBTR while I said Living on the Radio. I know LOTR was definitely a newer song made after TF and was meant for BTW / LG3. 

Yeah I’ve seen a lot of fans confuse NOBTR for LOTR. Living On The Radio was made for BTW. While (I’m pretty sure) Nothing On was made for The Fame and Changing Skies was written for another artist in 2008

2 hours ago, chromaticpop said:

Yeah I’ve seen a lot of fans confuse NOBTR for LOTR. Living On The Radio was made for BTW. While (I’m pretty sure) Nothing On was made for The Fame and Changing Skies was written for another artist in 2008

Nothing On was made for BTW in 2010 it didn’t make the final cut because it didn’t match the final BTW sound, then it was reworked as Heart It On The Radio for ARTPOP with DJWS but didn’t make the cut either.

Later it was given to Paris Monroe but she decided not to release it and now we have the Addison Rea version which may look like to be the final released version

Living On The Radio was written for BTW too by Gaga, Gaga performed it once I think, then she explained in 2011 that she decision not to include it because it’s too personal for her.

So both are BTW song, just a bit different names, themes and sounds

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

Cruelty
11 minutes ago, River said:

Nothing On was made for BTW in 2010 it didn’t make the final cut because it didn’t match the final BTW sound, then it was reworked as Heart It On The Radio for ARTPOP with DJWS but didn’t make the cut either.

Later it was given to Paris Monroe but she decided not to release it and now we have the Addison Rea version which may look like to be the final released version

Living On The Radio was written for BTW too by Gaga, Gaga performed it once I think, then she explained in 2011 that she decision not to include it because it’s too personal for her.

So both are BTW song, just a bit different names, themes and sounds

thats-not-the-truth-ellen.gif

Nothing On but the Radio was written in 2007 during the period when Gaga was ghost-writing demos for other artists. Because it leaked in 2010 (and I suspect also because it leaked at the same time Gaga debuted the similarly-titled Living on the Radio), people got confused and wrongly assumed it was made in 2010 for Born This Way.

The copyright registration is here, with 'Date of Creation' listed as 2007:

(https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=3&ti=1,3&Search_Arg=NOTHING ON BUT THE RADIO&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=25&PID=j4Fzspd0kfoCUPhNK3oM60pOAAH_7&SEQ=20220905043635&SID=1

7 hours ago, TEANUS said:

You can’t believe how glad I am that this wasn’t a thread questioning whether “LG3” was Born This Way or ARTPOP :vegas:

ARTPOP is LG3. TFM imo was an ep.

TEANUS
7 minutes ago, landong said:

ARTPOP is LG3. TFM imo was an ep.

Naur. Conceptually, by the artist, TFM is regarded to as LG2, she considers it one of her “albums”. 

Spoiler

The Fame - LG1

The Fame Monster - LG2

Born This Way - LG3

ARTPOP - LG4

Cheek to Cheek - LGTB1

Joanne - LG5

A Star Is Born - OST1

Chromatica - LG6

Love For Sale - LGTB2

Top Gun: Maverick - OST2

This was widely accepted by the community between Joanne and Chromatica :vegas:

British social ladies with upturned pinkies, glasses clinking // xoxoTEANUS

39 minutes ago, Cruelty said:

thats-not-the-truth-ellen.gif

Nothing On but the Radio was written in 2007 during the period when Gaga was ghost-writing demos for other artists. Because it leaked in 2010 (and I suspect also because it leaked at the same time Gaga debuted the similarly-titled Living on the Radio), people got confused and wrongly assumed it was made in 2010 for Born This Way.

The copyright registration is here, with 'Date of Creation' listed as 2007:

(https://cocatalog.loc.gov/cgi-bin/Pwebrecon.cgi?v1=3&ti=1,3&Search_Arg=NOTHING ON BUT THE RADIO&Search_Code=TALL&CNT=25&PID=j4Fzspd0kfoCUPhNK3oM60pOAAH_7&SEQ=20220905043635&SID=1

This copyright is for Josh and Billy's part, they indeed created it in 2007, but in 2010 in the BTW sessions, Gaga added her part, music and lyric wise, and created with the Nothing On.

Just like when Tame Impala created PI months before Gaga recorded it, he came with the sample and with Gaga they complete the final song.

Or Kink was almost 10 years old before it became Aura, but Infected owns the copyright since the day of creation.

Je ne parle pas français but I can padam if you like

41 minutes ago, TEANUS said:

Naur. Conceptually, by the artist, TFM is regarded to as LG2, she considers it one of her “albums”. 

Hide contents

The Fame - LG1

The Fame Monster - LG2

Born This Way - LG3

ARTPOP - LG4

Cheek to Cheek - LGTB1

Joanne - LG5

A Star Is Born - OST1

Chromatica - LG6

Love For Sale - LGTB2

Top Gun: Maverick - OST2

This was widely accepted by the community between Joanne and Chromatica :vegas:

The Fame Monster has 8 songs. Thats enough for an EP not an album. An album usually has 10+ tracks on it and TFM has only 8.

Archived