Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

LOTR: The Rings of Power Premiere

Mr Oak

Featured Posts

Fantina

For those that have seen it:

Spoiler

-I loved the way they built up the orcs (showing their face right at the end of the 2nd episode). Gave me old slasher vibes. I just hope they feature more orcs. I love the campiness and the gore :vegas:

-The whole bit in Khazad-Dum was my favorite. Funny interactions and great visuals.

-Galadriel queen swimming in the ocean. OTHER ELVES WISH THEY WERE HER!!!

STREAM LEGENDARY ON HBO MAX

On 9/2/2022 at 7:10 PM, Fantina said:

For those that have seen it:

Hide contents

-I loved the way they built up the orcs (showing their face right at the end of the 2nd episode). Gave me old slasher vibes. I just hope they feature more orcs. I love the campiness and the gore :vegas:

-The whole bit in Khazad-Dum was my favorite. Funny interactions and great visuals.

-Galadriel queen swimming in the ocean. OTHER ELVES WISH THEY WERE HER!!!

I just didn't like that the first orc we see is not a typical orc but more of a mole-orc. It was almost comical:ladyhaha:

Mother of Puppies

I like it - it’s cool - can’t be compared to TLOTR but that’s ok.

the cinematography is amazing btw…but I do prefer house of the dragon 🐉 

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

En_Sabah_Nur

It was Great!  Been a HUGE fan of LOTR since I was a little boy watching the animated LOTR films!!!  😇

It does seem like a lot of the fans HATE this show though. For completely deviating from the books, and for being too "woke"!  🤷🏾‍♂️  

They are eviscerating it on Twitter & apparently it’s audience ratings on IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes is low because of it - Smh 

Egypt. W

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone still watching it??

I am really enjoying it thus far. I didn't expect to! The scenery in the last (4th) episode was spectacular and I love how the story is slowly picking up! :firega:

LastNight

I’m still watching! I think it’s awesome, love all the different stories and I’m enjoying speculating how and when (and if) they’ll tie together. I love diving in more to the history of this world, it’s so fun to see it being explored on screen. 

I'm enjoying the show, but the pacing seems kind of slow.

The people that take issue with this show having a diverse cast can kick rocks. :glamourpuss:

Mother of Puppies

I'm on ep 3 and... it's really well made visually but the story is a bit dull until now... like I want something to happen :bear: I feel like they focused too much on the visuals and less so on the story and characters.

BUT before I fully judge I will watch the whole thing and then have an opinion.

Call me LADY MOP & I'll mop the floor with you 🧹

3 hours ago, Fantina said:

Anyone still watching it??

I am really enjoying it thus far. I didn't expect to! The scenery in the last (4th) episode was spectacular and I love how the story is slowly picking up! :firega:

The cinematography when Arondir, Brownyn and her son were escaping:messga: the light :pray:

• 2 weeks later...
Sorcerer

Episode 6 is FIRE! :firega: 

It was tight, fast-paced, and focused. The visuals especially in the last scenes are AMAZING. Love how all the build up is now starting to pay off.

• 2 weeks later...
Fantina

After watching the whole season:

I give it a 6/10. It's good but there are some things that I do not particularly like. I expected a bit more than 8 episodes where half of them feel very slow. I felt like the momentum that was built in episode 6 kind of lost its way cause the season was so short. If the season had 10 episodes, it would have made a great mid-season finale with episode 7 showing the aftermath. Knowing that we have to wait several years for a 2nd season also feels kind of ridiculous knowing the budget the show had. 

The actors, scenery and writing (in some places) are what saves this show. Galadriel scenes are always breath-taking, and I love how her actress portrays her. Durin and Disa (along with the whole scenery of Khazad-Dum) are scene stealers whenever they appear. Hopefully, they give us more of them next season.

Overall, it's a good show but I definitely feel like they could have done more knowing the big budget and great cast. 

Fantina

EPISODE 8 SPOILERS:

Spoiler

This episode felt like they tried to wrap up the plot as quickly as possible. They could have split this episode in 2 or maybe even 3 parts. I didn't like how all of a sudden, after 7 episodes, Galadriel started to suspect Halbrand. I understand that she had to step away from the dark path she was on when the show started, but this reveal kind of feels anticlimactic knowing that the build-up lasted 30 minutes lol. 

Archived