💓 DAWN OF CHROMATICA 💓

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
question

What were Gaga's biggest controversies of each year?

ALittleMonsta

Featured Posts

Controversiaga

House of Gucci accent ?

Pronounced like “Balenciaga” . Emphasis on the “Ga”

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
AlabasterBones

Lol it wasn’t as hugely controversial as stuff she’s done before but I remember there was some discourse online last year about her method acting which I remember kinda sparked a further online debate about whether method acting was ever acceptable or healthy. Tons of thinkpieces/film forum discussions about her method acting in HOG in particular, but again, one of her smaller more short lived controversies

Cello

2013(?) - spirit cooking with Marina Abramovic. Still a favourite for the Gaga haters to bring up :ladyhaha:

she/her 👹🖤 | 🚫Tabloid Junkie🎶

LateToCult

DWUW was a two parter. The controversy was revived when the R Kelly documentary came out and she pulled the song.

NATAH
6 minutes ago, LateToCult said:

DWUW was a two parter. The controversy was revived when the R Kelly documentary came out and she pulled the song.

that was the real ARTPOP act 2 i fear

mother, what must i do?

Schwerk

Not majorly controversial but:

2009 - LoveGame music video was banned in Australia, which was quite remarkable at the time cause they were the first to embrace Gaga when she first started out.

2012 - After smoking a joint onstage in Amsterdam, she was panned for being a pothead, and called fat as a result of the 'munchies'. Gaga responded by launching a body positivity movement online, releasing Stache and Cake Like Lady Gaga and wearing this dress:

Pop+singer+Lady+Gaga+seen+wearing+bizarr

According to Gaga I'm a ****ing rad bitch

The iconic Marina videos. Crazy people have lots of ridiculous theories about them. 

checkout my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC5iGoXYpXnIfLHH1o7H9lxA

Guillaume Hamon
18 hours ago, 27monster27 said:

I was lazy I copied a comment structure and added my stuffs. :huntyga:

2008:

Her saying she wanted a foursome with the Jonas brothers. Not just cause they were younger than her and brothers but also since they were famous for promoting abstinence to the American youth. 😂

2009:

The hermaphrodite thing with the peak of it being her "d*ck" falling of her dress on stage even if it was just a piece of fabric. 😆

Lovegame video being banned on Aussie TV.

2010:

The Meat Dress that annoyed some animal rights activists and others saying it was undecent to wear it while millions starve.

Her idea of using corpses on stage started dramas.

Her Alejandro was highly controversial for blasphemy and rape imagery. Her performance on on American idol was censored too as well as her d*ck heels for the interviews of the show.

Her "popstars don't eat" comment being taken out of context would be second maybe... 🤔

2011:

Judas being released just before the Easter holiday

The Express yourself comparisons when BTW was released.

Her using the r word in an interview with rolling stones magazine.

2012:

The cancellation of the Indonesian Born This Way Ball date because of religious extremists saying they would put the City on fire if she came.

The rumors about her Fame perfume being made with blood and sperm. 😂

2013:

Do What U Want for it's lyrics and the Kelly collab' then the video for its staging and having Richardson to direct it.

The abramovic videos that convinced people she ate folks, was a satanist etc.

The accusations of her former assistant for allegedly being a bad boss etc...

2014:

The SXSW vomit performance that had her accused to promote eating disorders by Lovato and others.

2015: 

Her being bashed for joining American Horror Story replacing the super respected and huge AHS fans favorite Jessica Lange.

Maybe the jokingly flirting with Tony on stage too, some people took it seriously and mentioned his wife plus the fact he could be her grandpa. 😂

2016:

Her Michael Jackson vintage costume she worn at a democrat event was compared to a Nazi uniform.

Her meeting the dalaï lama led to her work being banned in China.

2017:

The beginning of her still-standing Tudor partnership and I believe it's around this year that folks started to blame her for becoming a brand deal queen, posting about it too much, being greedy etc.

I would do the same tho. 😂

2018:

Her being presented as a home breaker with the Bradley rumors while he was with Irina.

2019:

The discussions about Do What U Want coming back with the Kelly documentary release.

2020:

The support video to Biden that got her accused of pandering to Pennsylvania folks while caricaturing them.

2021:

Her allegedly not helping Ryan after the incident if it's BS.

2022:

Her liking Richie's tweets after her employees spoke up.

monstrosity
10 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

Her saying she wanted a foursome with the Jonas brothers. Not just cause they were younger than her and brothers but also since they were famous for promoting abstinence to the American youth.

Omg where did she say that? She just like me fr

Neroneau

My older sister who’s as GP u can get, she knows the clips w Abramović. She couldn’t stress how demented that was and how I could admire ha. She also hated Gaga’s facial prosthetics during her BTW era.

i think Judas was her most controversial moment. People and the bloody church around the world were protesting against her. The Philippines didn’t want her there for blasphemy. Other moments like her meat dress just made people curious. 
I can’t forget her 2009 concert w the fake penis that also made ppl forever think she’s a hermaphrodite. 

Guillaume Hamon
17 minutes ago, Neroneau said:

Which tweets of Richyrat did Gaga like? :icega:

I remember folks here being pissed at it, it was some regular stuffs about TCB.

Smother Em Eh

2009: Legendary VMA’s Performance + Hermaphrodite rumors

2010: Meat Dress

2011: Judas Video + BTW/ Express Yourself Fiasco

2013: DWUW Music Video

2014: SXSW Performance

2015: Till it Happens To You song, video & performance. 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived