šŸ’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT šŸ’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

TFM: 9th best selling female album OF ALL TIME

Meat

Featured Posts

OMonster
8 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

I don't consider ASIB a female album either, but well, I guess 99% of people who bought it did it bc of Gaga, so that's fair (well, probably the same applies to TheĀ bodyguard OSTĀ too, yeah). Don't get me wrong, I love TFM, it's one of the best pop albums ever and I'mĀ glad it make it to the list, but it doesn't seem fair when they're adding the sales of a different album, even if it's always done like that. In any other thread there's always a consensus on the individuality of TFM and the fact that it is LG2, so idk why when it comes to sales numbers there should be an exception.

Completely agree with this. TFM is iconic but we can't simultaneously treat it as its own album (LG2) but also view it as LG1 when it comes to stats and sales.Ā 

Also, why are they listing TFM on this list and not TF? If their numbers are pooled together, wouldn't it make more sense to list it as TF? Particularly because TFM - in this context - is just a 're-issue' of TFM... not its own album, which we all know it is if we're being honest.

Gaga sees her albums like this:

LG1 = The Fame

LG2 = The Fame Monster

LG3 = Born This Way

LG4 = ARTPOP

LG5 = Joanne

LG6 = Chromatica

It's that simple.Ā And we should follow her lead on that and see TF/M's monster position on this list as very dubious at best. It's not fair to the other artists.

subtext / fantasy

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon
13 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

I don't consider ASIB a female album either, but well, I guess 99% of people who bought it did it bc of Gaga, so that's fair (well, probably the same applies to TheĀ bodyguard OSTĀ too, yeah). Don't get me wrong, I love TFM, it's one of the best pop albums ever and I'mĀ glad it make it to the list, but it doesn't seem fair when they're adding the sales of a different album, even if it's always done like that. In any other thread there's always a consensus on the individuality of TFM and the fact that it is LG2, so idk why when it comes to sales numbers there should be an exception.

I think folks here consider it an other album cause it was an entire era in terms of experience and Gaga said it was like one album for her. But in terms of how many songs it included etc it couldn't be considered an album and was technically a re-issue that was an EP seing its length bla bla... Now it's tricky since I believe it was like 2 tracks away of having enough songs to be deemed its own album but the limit had to be placed somewhere and it was there before Gaga so these rankings applied it. šŸ˜‚

salty like sodium
19 hours ago, Meat said:

With the latest sales update from Chartmasters, Gagaā€™s debut album surpasses Madonnaā€™s ā€œTrue Blueā€ and becomes the 9th best selling female album of all timeĀ :applause:

Hereā€™s the full top 10:

#1Ā Whitney Houston - The BodyguardĀ (54,950,000)

#2 Olivia Newton-John - Grease Soundtrack(53,343,000)

#3 Adele - 21Ā (49,221,000)

#4 CĆ©line Dion - Let's Talk About LoveĀ (46,797,000)

#5 Shania Twain - Come on OverĀ (46,279,000)

#6 CĆ©line Dion - Falling Into YouĀ (42,601,000)

#7 Alanis Morissette - Jagged Little PillĀ (42,259,000)

#8 Madonna - Like A VirginĀ (40,099,000)

#9 Lady Gaga - The Fame MonsterĀ (37,414,000)

#10 Madonna - True BlueĀ (37,397,000)

Now time for some statisticsĀ :partysick:

ā€¢ Lady Gaga and Adele are the only 21st century artists on the list.

ā€¢ ā€œThe Fame Monsterā€ is currently the fastestĀ growing album on that entire list in terms of streaming. That is something that will keep helping it accumulate more units each year.

more stats: celine and madonna are the only artists who are in there twice !Ā 

I wonder why they never did a tenth anniversary edition of TFM? I remember seeing a official website dedicated to it, plus links for merchandise etc.Ā 

Smother Em Eh

Itā€™s what she deservesĀ 

TFM is that b*tch! A timeless album that still sounds fresh! A true masterpiece!Ā 

Get Applause & G.U.Y to 1B views!

Archived