đź’™ HEAVY METAL LOVER T-SHIRT đź’š

Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
news

TFM: 9th best selling female album OF ALL TIME

Meat

Featured Posts

Anderson123

That’s huge. Gaga selling in 2008-2010 more than one of Madonna’s albums from the 80’s. 

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guillaume Hamon
4 minutes ago, Anderson123 said:

That’s huge. Gaga selling in 2008-2010 more than one of Madonna’s albums from the 80’s. 

I mean weren't albums sales super down since the early 2000's with illegal downloading getting huge?

Adele and Gaga doing these numbers and comparing to the biggest artists who enjoyed their careers peaks at the peak of album sales is even more impressive I guess!

Anderson123
3 hours ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I mean weren't albums sales super down since the early 2000's with illegal downloading getting huge?

Adele and Gaga doing these numbers and comparing to the biggest artists who enjoyed their careers peaks at the peak of album sales is even more impressive I guess!

Yeah but 80’s and 90’s.. people were still buying music, especially the 80’s. True Blue is Madonna’s next album after Like A Virgin and features Live To Tell, Papa Don’t Preach, the title track and Open Your Heart which were all massive hits. It’s pretty amazing to see Gaga sell more than that album. 

PartySick
5 hours ago, Meat said:

“The Fame” is the parent album. “The Fame Monster” is the reissue of that same album that includes 8 new songs. It all counts as one album, like every other deluxe album out there. Almost every artist has one of these. The only difference is that Gaga’s reissue was so successful that it appears like a whole new album on its own.

Smells like another LG/1/2/3/4/5/6/7 debate :bradley:

đź–¤

SevenWonder

I went down a Chartmasters rabbit hole. Gaga is actually top 40 (38 actually) all time for Spotify. Which surprised me. For some reason, I still think she's terrible in the streaming department.

Slay Gags.

RudraCNG

I love Grease but neither it or The Bodyguard can be counted as a "female album", sorry. As for Gaga, if they are adding up The Fame sales numbers, then it isn't fair either.

21 minutes ago, RudraCNG said:

I love Grease but neither it or The Bodyguard can be counted as a "female album", sorry. As for Gaga, if they are adding up The Fame sales numbers, then it isn't fair either.

Every worldwide chart counts Grease and Bodyguard as female albums because Olivia and Whitney are lead artists on them. And similarly, every country counts TFM as one album. It’s just how it is lol

Guillaume Hamon
5 hours ago, RudraCNG said:

I mean if they don't count these as female albums even ASIB will not be counted as such because of the few Bradley duets and ASIB could very well be on this list at term...

So let's accept the rule, it's good for Gaga lol!

RudraCNG
7 minutes ago, Guillaume Hamon said:

I mean if they don't count these as female albums even ASIB will not be counted as such because of the few Bradley duets and ASIB could very well be on this list at term...

So let's accept the rule, it's good for Gaga lol!

I don't consider ASIB a female album either, but well, I guess 99% of people who bought it did it bc of Gaga, so that's fair (well, probably the same applies to The bodyguard OST too, yeah). Don't get me wrong, I love TFM, it's one of the best pop albums ever and I'm glad it make it to the list, but it doesn't seem fair when they're adding the sales of a different album, even if it's always done like that. In any other thread there's always a consensus on the individuality of TFM and the fact that it is LG2, so idk why when it comes to sales numbers there should be an exception.

Archived