Follow Gaga Daily on Telegram
series

House of the dragon premier's tonight

DpHitch1992

Featured Posts

Tinnitus15

Also this show really reflects this modern world, ironically. Medieval traditions and lust for power, combined with powerful weapons( whether it’s dragons or modern weapons) can lead to the extinction of a whole dynasty. Yet soo old but too relatable. I think it’s success comes from that 

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
RAMROD

In this case, I will blame Drogon for what happened on GoT finale. Not Daenerys. :billie:  :ohwell:

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ✧*:・゚ be delulu until it becomes trululu (*´艸`*) ♡♡♡

mwjuell91

Im gonna read the book between now and season 2 no chance in hell I can wait to know how the story goes lol

MelbHawker

Honestly, Alicent & Rhaenyra better turn into murderous, hateful war-loving Queens next season otherwise I’ll stop watching.

:nails:

15 hours ago, B2theRich33 said:

it was SOOOO worth it. WOW. 

LUKE??!?! And omg that last scene…. I can’t wait 2 years :giveup: 

mwjuell91
4 hours ago, MelbHawker said:

Honestly, Alicent & Rhaenyra better turn into murderous, hateful war-loving Queens next season otherwise I’ll stop watching.

:nails:

I think the last shot was a clear indicator of this lol

MelbHawker
12 hours ago, mwjuell91 said:

I wish the writers used dialogue from the source material to convey it though. This story is unapologetically brutal from both the Green & Black sides.. the writers efforts to soften & ‘nuance’ these characters has made watching the story unfold a little ‘meh’ at times IMO. So many missed opportunities over the last 2 episodes.

LilyLark
22 hours ago, Tinnitus15 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Since it’s already out, the change from the book, I didn’t like, is the whole ‘accidental’ killing of Luke- and so on. In the book Aemond is taking vhagar with the true intention- to kill Luke, not this game thing. That’s what I didn’t like. Also what’s with Rhaenyra not wanting the war? Basically in the book the women started the war and kept fighting it. Here they show us again wars, created by power-hungry men. No that’s NOT the case. Book rhaenyra wanted the war since day 1 and them killing Luke was the spark to it.

About Rhaenyra sending Luke to Storm’s end, I think she was certain that Lord Baratheon will be on their side since day 1. She didn’t see this house negotiating with the greens and didn’t expect Aemond to be there. She thought, as she said: ‘a short flight to storms end’. She never saw it to be that political.

Hide contents

For the book readers, we know Rhaenys leaving. WE KNOW.

I love Rhaenyra (more in Fire & Blood), but I feel like she's been flattened a bit (maybe it's the media coverage) to be good. She's arrogant and reckless, and the Baratheon incident is another example imo. I'm kind of surprised the twitter sees it as good and bad, rather than 'who is your favorite war criminal' as that viral tweet went.

But for real, the law-outside of the Iron Throne-is the eldest son inherits and then the daughters inherit before other male relatives if there are no male sons. So while the Iron Throne operates differently, she knows what the norms are (and that it's an insanely misogynistic society) and so you think she would be prepared to offer Lord Baratheon something-even if his father swore his allegiance to her before-to follow Viserys edict that she could be Queen. A betrothal, a place at the Great Council, tax relief, etc.....

Instead-she sends her second born son to a man known for being incredibly arrogant-with a reminder to 'follow the oath his father took.' And in our contemporary world, of course we consider bio kids and adopted kids to be the same (as did some ancient cultures), but that wasn't a thing in Westeros so for her to tell her son that he has Baratheon blood (lol)...that was insane. Like he is not going to consider that kid his kin, even if Rhaenys is his first or second cousin, unless one goes all the way back to the founding of House Baratheon by a Targ bastard.

LilyLark
13 hours ago, mwjuell91 said:

Yeah, they're about to start committing war crimes galore lol. I find it funny when twitter is kind of like 'Greens are terrible, and the Blacks are good' when both sides do horrific things with the exception of a few individuals.

mwjuell91
1 hour ago, MelbHawker said:

I wish the writers used dialogue from the source material to convey it though. This story is unapologetically brutal from both the Green & Black sides.. the writers efforts to soften & ‘nuance’ these characters has made watching the story unfold a little ‘meh’ at times IMO. So many missed opportunities over the last 2 episodes.

have not read the books so have no comparison. I think they wanted her to have a ´break´instead of just pushing her as ruthless from the start. more arc, etc etc works for me. we already know she is angry, the scene with the boar comes to mind.

MelbHawker
2 hours ago, mwjuell91 said:

have not read the books so have no comparison. I think they wanted her to have a ´break´instead of just pushing her as ruthless from the start. more arc, etc etc works for me. we already know she is angry, the scene with the boar comes to mind.

Agreed, they wanted Rhaenyra’s ruthlessness to eventuate through all the trauma / betrayal she experiences (which works better for TV I guess). 

Tinnitus15
1 minute ago, MelbHawker said:

Agreed, they wanted Rhaenyra’s ruthlessness to eventuate through all the trauma / betrayal she experiences (which works better for TV I guess). 

I think same will be for aemond 

MelbHawker
3 minutes ago, Tinnitus15 said:

I think same will be for aemond 

I agree. I can’t wait for Season 2! It’ll be interesting to see how they choose to tell the best parts of this story.

Tinnitus15
18 minutes ago, MelbHawker said:

I agree. I can’t wait for Season 2! It’ll be interesting to see how they choose to tell the best parts of this story.

There’s a rumoured leaked timeline of s2 

Archived